By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii and Gamecube games will be playable on NVIDIA Shield in China (by port)

Shikamo said:
Update 3: Wii / GameCube games for NVIDIA Shield in China are running natively after all

An NVIDIA rep has stepped forward, saying that this “has been talked about internally.” The Nintendo titles “are running natively, are remastered, and look great.”

So remastered Wii and Gamecube games possibly coming for the Switch after all. Good News! :)

Hopefully they are not too overpriced if they make it over. Now give me pikmin Nintendo!

Around the Network

And Nintendo is aware and is a part of this deal, right? No Chinese bootleg knock-off???

LivingMetal said:
And Nintendo is aware and is a part of this deal, right? No Chinese bootleg knock-off???

Bootleg Mario in China is rather depressing though.   He isn't able to run and jump because of pollution damaging his lungs.  He also can only hold his breath under water for less than 30 seconds which makes water levels very tricky.  One plus side though is there are bigger celebration at the end of the levels when he raises the communist flag.

TomaTito said:
Pemalite said:

An assumption isn't good enough in my opinion.

Shield's have stayed with the X1, I think mainly due to the Switch, although someone here said it was due to overstock.

It would be strange for NVidia to change the chip of the device just for the Chinese market. It is not out of the ordinary, since companies like Samsung do sell higher spec phones in Asia.

I am not saying you are wrong.
But assumptions aren't good enough for me, I want to see the information on the chipset itself so we know exactly what it is.

Because for all we know, nVidia could be clocking these chips up even higher or has increased the bandwidth even if they did stick with Maxwell.

SuperNova said:

So remastered Wii and Gamecube games possibly coming for the Switch after all. Good News! :)

Hopefully they are not too overpriced if they make it over. Now give me pikmin Nintendo!

I think the most interesting aspect will be to see what hackers do, whether they will leak the games and make them run on the wide Android ecosystem.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Shikamo said:
Update 3: Wii / GameCube games for NVIDIA Shield in China are running natively after all

An NVIDIA rep has stepped forward, saying that this “has been talked about internally.” The Nintendo titles “are running natively, are remastered, and look great.”

Hmm, do we know who ported the games?

Perhaps this is why Virtual Console is taking so long.