By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii and Gamecube games will be playable on NVIDIA Shield in China (by port)

TomaTito said:
Barkley said:
Hopefully comes to other regions and devices eventually.

Maybe you'll get your wish when the Nintendo Online service launches next year?

Imagine a VC service that you could access anytime, anywhere with anyoneHow much would you pay for that?

Nintendo Online service will be on Switch, not on other devaices.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
TomaTito said:

Maybe you'll get your wish when the Nintendo Online service launches next year?

Imagine a VC service that you could access anytime, anywhere with anyoneHow much would you pay for that?

Personally I don't find nearly enough time to play new games as it is, so I don't think I'd get my money's worth from a service like that.

But it could be a really great thing. One VC service that is usable on every device, from Switch to ios/android.

You'd be playing old games though

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Update: NVIDIA Shield in China will also offer GameCube games, Nintendo titles run at 1080p

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Shikamo said:
Update: NVIDIA Shield in China will also offer GameCube games, Nintendo titles run at 1080p

This is great news for VC. It's about time that they ran at higher resolutions than the originals.

yes, this means the Switch can do he same thing. look for confirmation at he January Direct.

Around the Network

People are talking about this meaning they will come to Switch, which is certainly possible, but i think they have bigger ambitions. Perhaps they are using this to build a foundation for when Switch is released in China.

Think about it, they build a decent fanbase for Mario/Zelda by offering Galaxy & Twilight Princess on Shield then a year or two later they release Switch with BotW & Odyssey.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Barkley said:
Miyamotoo said:

But I gave you reasons, Wii was availible on all other markets (on all other markets they can just offer Wii titles through Switch Virtual Console and that will be most likly scenario), and thats not case with China, thats why this is specifically just for China market. Nintendo done something similar before, for instance ofering N64 games on iQue Player just on China market. Again, this specific agreement with Nvidia and only for China market.

But those aren't reasons to not release VC on other systems... so what if the Wii was released in western regions? Switch VC is irrelevant, not a reason to keep it from other hardware as VC isn't something that sells hardware. No one is buying a Switch to play old games.

Releasing a VC service on as many devices as possible can only be a good thing for Nintendo, and I definitely think its' something we'll see someday.

Yeah, Sony should port all ps classic games to Xbox/PC and Switch too, they can get a lot money 

Wii games running in 1080p.... on tegra hardware.

Time for Nintendo do its users right, and allow these on the switch too.

I saw this coming.

Jranation said:
Why did nintendo allowed this?

Probably part of the Hardware deal. Better to give them the old games than use of any IP, as the CDi showed all too well

Also, this should make some buzz in China for the upcoming Switch release, it's basically an advertisement for Nintendo games.