By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games you don't want sequels for

collint0101 said:
The last of us. I'll probably play 2 but the first one just felt complete to me

The game ending the way it did left room open for more things they wouldn't have ended it that way if they weren't toying with the idea of a sequel

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

Well, the thing is, I cannot tell if the sequel will kill the series, so might as well wait for the sequel to come out, then decide whether I want it to end there, but then again, the sequel might be better too so that's a dilemma, thank you for that.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Tales of Vesperia. Honestly the only one that I think without a doubt should not have sequel.

Aw  I wanted to say Tales of Symphonia (why u do dis Plat) because I still don't accept DotNW worth as either a Tales of game or a supposed follow up to one of my favorite games, that makes a mockery of its world, reduces the great cast of the first game to bleh, Lloyd is the most OC thing ever made, the new characters are trash, the music is worse, the combat is more sluggish and the Pokemon mechanic is  just awful, sigh (and plenty more)

COURAGE IS THE MAGIC THAT TURNS DREAMS INTO REALITY!

ANYWAYS, hmm at the top of my head, most Tales of :P At times I don't really think about it until a sequel gets done and it ends up being shit.

collint0101 said:
The last of us. I'll probably play 2 but the first one just felt complete to me

Agreed.  The game was great.  The story felt complete.  

But, like you, I will probably play the sequel.  That's why we keep seeing sequels though - even if we don't want them, they can still get us to buy.  

Around the Network
TorterraBoy said:
Pokemon X/Y

I agree, but for completely different reasons (it's the worst Pokemon game imo, doesn't deserve a sequel)

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I fear the eventualy Pikmin 4. I loved 3 as the best in the series. But as much as id like the idea of more, Pikmin 3 had only just enough added depth to warrant it anyway. Maybe release a 3 game combo cartridge but lets not beat that stellar and unique series into a pulp.

Of course this is Nintendo who would string up the dead bodies of Link and Mario for a weekend at bernies-esque romp through 12 more games.

Pokemon ultra sun

Please no

I don't have the same issue myself. Even if the sequel is shit, it doesn't diminish the appeal of the earlier games, and if purchased for cheap can have its appeal.

spurgeonryan said:
Mario galaxy. Mario 3d world. Star Fox Zero .

Star Fox Zero needs a sequel, because Star Fox Zero is just a remake of Star Fox 64...which is a remake of Star Fox on SNES...

This franchise needs a sequel, there is potential to move forward.  They just need to stop re releasing the same game over and over with different gimmiks.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261