By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games you don't want sequels for

OTBWY said:
caffeinade said:

Hmm, so you're saying Valve are going nuts: trying to make the biggest game they can, because they have no budget (unlimited money).
Yeah, but I don't think I would want something that is only half done.

I think Gabe wants Half-Life 3 more than the fans.
Valve will release the game, when it is perfect.

I'm saying the company has been changing. It has a platform that dominates PC gaming. It has become more a steam software and hardware development company for better or for worse. It really doesn't need to ever make a game again, and it shows in their release record these past years in my opinion.

To my knowledge they only have about ten or so people developing Steam; I have no idea how many work on hardware.

They have promised 3 "full length" VR titles.
Valve is not a big company, but they have to money to outsource asset creation to produce games if they need to.

Around the Network

I'm surprised there's so much ire for Pokemon X/Y

I thought the EXP sharing addition to the series made stomaching another one way more pleasant and brisk.

For reasons not totally clear to me, likely nostalgia, I'd say Pokemon Platinum is my overall favorite and I've been playing em since they originally released!

Skipped Sun and Moon and will likely skip Ultra Sun and Moon.

For me to get back into them Game Freak is gonna have to really turn a new leaf. Hopefully the handling of the latest Zelda and Mario will encourage them to do something that sheds previous conventions and pushes the collect cute and awesome monster genre forward somehow.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

"I'm not asking which game series you want to die out because of whatever reason."

Dammit! That takes away so many franchises from my list...

Let me think about it

I came in here to say we should put an end to Call of Duty. Now I have to rethink.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

I agree on The Last of Us. Such games are more powerful standalone.

Final Fantasy IX. I mean why bother? You can't improve upon perfection.

Around the Network

Until Dawn never make a sequel to a slasher horror movie or interactive game. Also Infamous is kind of worn out by now.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Zekkyou said:

But then we'd never get Final Fantasy X!

Zekkyou said:

What perfection?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

d21lewis said:
Life is Strange.

I have the first two chapters of the prequel (finished the first) but I don't think they were necessary at all.

Also, Metal Gear should have ended with 4.

MGS ended with 4 actually

Platina said:
Cloudman said:
Pfft, I actually prefer Dawn over ToS. Replaying ToS before, it didn't feel as well as the 1st time I played it. I could replayed Dawn over and over though. And I welcome a sequel to TWEWY whole heartedly. Bring on the sequel!

Some people like to see the world burn

Some people just like to continue raining on the things I like...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread