By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577
Runa216 said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Might be because you insulted a portion of this forum and thinking it being justified because they do not have the "right opinion" .

You should know better than being rebellious right now.

It is not rebellious nor is it flaming to say that bad people doing bad things is bad for society. Trump's followers are genuinely bad people and their behaviour is emboldening various forms of bigotry and hate crimes. What I said was an objective fact, not 'flamming'. 

I would consider that a generalization.  Not all Trump supporters I would consider Trumptarts or anywhere close to being bad people.  I have to many friends who are Trump supporters and I know them very well.  There are clearly some very closed minded supporters which you probably can put into the Trumptart category but its probably best to show which type of supporter you mean.  The behavior of some Trump Supporters are no different than any supporter.  Some people hate to see the person they vote for be anything else then what they envisioned them to be.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
Immersiveunreality said:

But you do not get to behave as the judge on how much value an opinion holds,ofcourse you think you speak gospel but others should not be holding your words as truth.

But my words ARE truth. That's the difference between objectivity and subjectivity; I'm not speaking (or typing) these things because they're my opinion, I recite these statements because they are backed by facts. I don't personally give a shit if people like trump, because Trump is funny and fun to watch on the apprentice. But when they believe his lies, listen to what he says, and act as they do in some false attempt at whatever it is they think he wants, that's dangerous. 

Look at New Zealand. 

That really should be all I have to say. That shooter is NOT the only instance of people in America or around the world doing things like this because of trump. 

Feelings and opinions don't matter. Actions and facts matter. I'm not all too fussed about playing nice in this situation because passivity has NEVER solved issues on this scale before. WE need to be calling people out on their bad behaviour, we need to quash bigotry before it gains steam, and the decent people out there need to be the ones making the most progress in the world. as it stands, the most dedicated, resourceful, action-oriented people out there are the ones trying to 'restore white nationalism' or to build a wall. THAT IS NOT OKAY. 

First off, if you had gone through the killers manifesto, they don't exactly portray Trump or conservatives in the best of light. Seems like they agreed with some things but not others.

Secondly, and far more importantly, if you want to try and blame someone like Trump and the people who back him because an act like this took place in his name, apparently, well what about 9/11 then? Does that mean every person on the planet who praises Allah are terrible people? Should that religion be banned from existence, or at least not be given a platform? That doesn't sound fair to the people who believe in the good behind it and not the twisted evil that may come of it, as long as the good portion is the overwhelming majority. You don't let a tree's fruit rot just because there's a few bad apples mixed in with the bunch. The tree, didn't want those apples to go bad, that's just how the world works.

You can't put people in boxes like that. It's hard not to when articulating it, but every single person is unique, yet while one of a kind, they tend to seem more alike when you have little choice in who to follow. Which candidate of the few? Which prophet of the Lord? Some people have 'given up' on God, so should people 'give up' on politics and voting?

I'm not saying nothing should be done and a blind eye turned, but the problem once again is close to the source. You don't see Trump voters going out and doing things like this in mass because they've been brought up properly and understand the message. Same goes for the religions. Those few who weren't bought up properly, are the issue. Did the Bernie ball game shooter try to kill Republican Senators because of Trumps message? Do his actions speak for all Dems? Maybe just maybe he had his own problems and one way or another, at some point in time, was going to do something unfathomable. Do we really want to get rid of all fuel sources, wood included, because they could potentially start a fire under the most unlikely of conditions?

How has this become normal? How has this become tolerable for the highest office in the country?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/18/politics/donald-trump-twitter-sunday/index.html

TallSilhouette said:
How has this become normal? How has this become tolerable for the highest office in the country?

Its crazy how much importance is put into shittalking on twitter by our elected and newsources,next we might find them commenting on youtube under the latest Ben Shapiro video.

Immersiveunreality said:
TallSilhouette said:

Its crazy how much importance is put into shittalking on twitter by our elected and newsources,next we might find them commenting on youtube under the latest Ben Shapiro video.

Probably because Trump has actually dictated policy from Twitter.  You cannot dismiss the President of the United States making public comments on Twitter as if it doesn't have weight.  Its officially from him and the implementations saying the wrong thing has consequences.  So yes, if the President uses Twitter, Youtube or any form of media to put out his message its as good as any source.  I really cannot believe you are trying to say it doesn't have an impact.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Probably because Trump has actually dictated policy from Twitter.  You cannot dismiss the President of the United States making public comments on Twitter as if it doesn't have weight.  Its officially from him and the implementations saying the wrong thing has consequences.  So yes, if the President uses Twitter, Youtube or any form of media to put out his message its as good as any source.  I really cannot believe you are trying to say it doesn't have an impact.

Bolded: Do not give me a narrative that isnt mine,i never said that.

I do think that there is too much focus put on social media reactions yes, and it ofcourse has an impact but do the consequences resolve even sporadically into something fruitfull other than the current trend of feeding echochambers? Highly doubtfull its worth all the division over dumb tweets so again i do think there is too much focus on trivial blabber on social media by all sides and not just the Trump "side" that popped up before your eyes when reading my comment.

Immersiveunreality said:
Machiavellian said:

I do think that there is too much focus put on social media reactions yes, and it ofcourse has an impact but do the consequences resolve even sporadically into something fruitfull other than the current trend of feeding echochambers? Highly doubtfull its worth all the division over dumb tweets so again i do think there is too much focus on trivial blabber on social media by all sides and not just the Trump "side" that popped up before your eyes when reading my comment.

My statement that the President of the US cannot just throw out shittalking on any media and not expect it to be official which it is.  There is no person within our government that can just throw out any sort of comment on any media and it not be official from them.  I have no clue where you are going with this because it pretty common for any individual whether they are the President or just your average joe.  So yes, someone who is in a government position as high as the President does not get the benefit of the doubt when they use any media to put out their thoughts.  So I still do not understand where you are coming from.  If someone want their own echochamber then they should make their stuff private.  For Public officials they do not have this option so they should understand the impact when they do use such media.

Machiavellian said:
Immersiveunreality said:

My statement that the President of the US cannot just throw out shittalking on any media and not expect it to be official which it is.  There is no person within our government that can just throw out any sort of comment on any media and it not be official from them.  I have no clue where you are going with this because it pretty common for any individual whether they are the President or just your average joe.  So yes, someone who is in a government position as high as the President does not get the benefit of the doubt when they use any media to put out their thoughts.  So I still do not understand where you are coming from.  If someone want their own echochamber then they should make their stuff private.  For Public officials they do not have this option so they should understand the impact when they do use such media.

Bolded one: I both agree with that statement and still believe that there is an overal too much focus on dumb tweets

Bolded second: It would be argueable that there can be a difference in the magnitude of hyperbole considering political views but that is another topic

Bolded third: You took me out of context and you just keep going not understanding the first comment i made so keep it at that or stop argueing about things besides the matter.

Immersiveunreality said:
Machiavellian said:

Bolded one: I both agree with that statement and still believe that there is an overal too much focus on dumb tweets

Bolded second: It would be argueable that there can be a difference in the magnitude of hyperbole considering political views but that is another topic

Bolded third: You took me out of context and you just keep going not understanding the first comment i made so keep it at that or stop argueing about things besides the matter.

Maybe you should clarify the point you made in your first comment, so he can understand it better and to stop talking past each other?

TallSilhouette said:

Trump is a genuine madman. That is all. 

The funny thing is that I tend to read reports, cross-reference data and claims, hear about his antics through twitter, and experience 90% of his actions through a third party. I don't live in America, I'm not directly linked to him in any way, I don't watch TV so I don't see him speak, and very little of my understanding of his shittiness comes from direct experience with him. 

However...after actually seeing the man speak, after actually watching some of his speeches I'm even more astounded that anyone could vote for him. I don't know how anyone can stand to be near him without smacking him upside the head and telling him to shut the fuck up. I don't know how he's not banned from social media platforms or kicked out of country clubs. The man is verifiably unhinged, unintelligent, and sad and pathetic in virtually every way. 

There are so many ways the man is pathetic. From his 'traditional right-wing' policies (The basics wherein brown people of all kinds are hated, women aren't respected, the only religion that has a right to exist is christianity, Gays and trans folk don't deserve rights, healthcare is a luxury, rich people deserve more tax breaks, Gun rights are more important than safety, and all this 'America First' rhetoric) to his personality, he's a mess. Even without his abhorrent beliefs on shithole countries or whether or not trans people are real, listening to his talk is the rantings of a delusional wanker. 

I don't want to go off on an ad-hominem rant about how his personality devalues his points - those points are disgusting enough on their own to do that - but all things considered he's just the worst kind of person short of actual murderers and rapists. Trying to suffer through one of his speeches is the sort of ordeal that makes me think like I'm in a bad movie. He lies about everything, rolls from one lie to the next without a second thought, is wrong about the stuff he doesn't outright lie about, Refuses to acknowledge even the slightest hint of wrongdoing, rambles on about absolutely nothing, recites the same broken rhetoric repeatedly, and is clearly not intelligent. Half the time he has no idea what he's talking about, making him woefully ill-equipped to be in such a position of power, and the other half of the time he's lying or trying to bolster his reputation or whining about how mean people are to him. 

He's an unhinged madman, a juvenile brat of a trust fund baby, and an intellectually deficient fool. 

Regardless of his party's platform, he himself is a terrible, stupid man. A pathological liar of a madman and woefully unfit for office. The fact that there are people out there who have faith in him as a person saddens me. The idea that people care more about witholding healthcare and hating muslims and building some stupid, stupid wall than having a president that actually conducts himself with any sort of respect and poise is rage-inducing.

And his existence and further perpetuation in pop culture is a reminder of just how DIFFERENT the American Left and the American Right truly are.

Obama was a respectful, mature man with dignity and poise. He conducted himself with respect and honour, he acted as the president should. You may not like some of the democratic policies he championed (or lets be honest, most people hated that he was black and democratic, not that he himself was a bad person or believed bad things), but the man himself commanded proper respect. you can't say that about trump. And if you care more about 'upsetting the status quo' by electing someone who's 'not like other politicians' just for the sake of trying something new without any care for policies or societal progress or healthcare or tax reform or equality or equal rights....well, you're a terrible person. Not you, TallSilhouette, but in general. 

If you support Donald Trump - be it his regressive political stance or his unhinged immature personality - you are a bad person. 

You can like republicans, you can prefer the concept of right-wing politics (LEss government interference or regulation in your day to day lives), but modern Republicans and Trump Especially are utter trash people. Disgusting, unqualified bigots who hate women and brown people and gays and any religion that isn't christianity. Right wing and Left wing policies need to be intermingled, balanced, and shared with compromise, but Trump is a monster and his modern republican followers are all deplorable and will be looked back upon with the same scorn we see the confederates or yes, even the nazis. It's okay to want change, it's not okay if that change takes rights or respect or healthcare from others. 

Ethics are surprisingly straightforward, I'm astounded that modern Republicans are, almost uniformly, on the wrong side of history on that and Trump is their ignorant, bigoted, hateful, immature figurehead. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android