By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577
SpokenTruth said:
EricHiggin said:

"Here's my problem with the argument. It's been pointed out with charts etc, that illegal immigration is at a low point right now, relative to the past, so it's not really a problem and nothing to worry about apparently. Yet climate charts show that CO2 levels are low right now, relative to the past, and yet it's an immediate danger that's going to destroy the planet. Umm, ok?"

Have we always known what the climate used to be? Did we always know how far back humans go? Do we still know for sure? If we really are the latest and greatest type of monkey, ape, whatever, then how far back do they go and what was the climate then? What were they before they became monkeys? Could humans have lived in those conditions back then?

Well one way or another the kinks have to get worked out. You can't honestly believe when science makes a prediction that the large majority of the time when put into practice it works perfectly as intended. That's how the tests are done though and have been in the past. If you can't verify it in different set ups then it can't be fully proven. This sometimes is a major headache and a major undertaking but needs to be done to legitimately prove the method. Analysts and experts aren't always scientists and don't always use hard science to come up with their results either.

I'm not the one who brought science into this. I also said the planet not humans. We're working on Mars so is Earth necessary in the future if we can live elsewhere? Since we're talking about the future and what could happen and all.

I'm at the verge where I'm not certain I can take you seriously any more. Either you throwing things out in jest or you simply don't know.  If the former, we're done, if the latter, I can educate you if you're willing to listen.

Do we know historical climates?  Yes. Climates leave their marks all over the place.  Ice cores, geological strata, fossils, etc...  There are many ways to detect and correlate various data to determine historical trends in climate.

Do we know how far back humans go?  Yes.  Various species of humans in fact.  As for our ancestry with apes, we shared a common ancestor.  We did not evolve directly from apes (monkeys are different from apes....you can tell which is which because monkeys have tails). Could modern humans have lived in those conditions? No.  Neither would our food (meat, fish and crops). That's why things evolved....adapted to fit in with the changes. The problem now is that the climate is not changing at the pace it used to.  It's not slow enough for adaptations to keep up.  We're also a much more populated planet today than even just 200 years ago (1 billion vs 7.5 billion today).

Do we intent to colonize Mars?  Yes.  Will Mars be a suitable habitat for 12 billion people in the next 100 years (current population projection)?  No, not even remotely close.  Nor will we have to means to transport that many people.

I was wondering when you were going to figure out your chain is getting jerked. 

Around the Network
avrwc2 said:

I voted for Trump for one big reason: HILLARY. Trump was and, very much vs. any Democrat today, he continues to be the LESSER evil. Evil, of course, but somewhat of a lesser evil when the only other option is a stupid and evil Democrat.

Oh, for some calibration, I actually voted for Obama back in 2008 and what a disappointment he was. Believe it or not, I actually registered myself 'Democrat' so that I could vote for Obama and more importantly AGAINST Hillary at my state's primary.

Still haven't heard what Hillary did that was so bad, ESPECIALLY not compared to the mountain of shittiness that was erected by Trump. She's weird and awkward, sure, but at least she's not a proud perpetuator of sexual assault, blatant racism and xenophobia, and....holy shit I really shouldn't need to write down all the terrible things Trump is, we all know he's a bigot with a hardon for rich people and a hatred of the poor who's clearly only in this for his own benefit. He really doesn't have any redeeming qualities. 

Runa216 said:
TallSilhouette said:
Why do you guys keep taking the bait?

Because if we don't then things get even worse due to inaction. 

Passivity never solved any problems and right now, Trumpards are a genuine pox upon this land. IF they are not countered they will make the place even worse! 

User was Banned for Flamming due to this post - cycycychris

Really? I got banned for this? That's just sad. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
Runa216 said:

Because if we don't then things get even worse due to inaction. 

Passivity never solved any problems and right now, Trumpards are a genuine pox upon this land. IF they are not countered they will make the place even worse! 

User was Banned for Flamming due to this post - cycycychris

Might be because you insulted a portion of this forum and thinking it being justified because they do not have the "right opinion" .

You should know better than being rebellious right now.

Immersiveunreality said:
Runa216 said:

Might be because you insulted a portion of this forum and thinking it being justified because they do not have the "right opinion" .

It is not rebellious nor is it flaming to say that bad people doing bad things is bad for society. Trump's followers are genuinely bad people and their behaviour is emboldening various forms of bigotry and hate crimes. What I said was an objective fact, not 'flamming'. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
Immersiveunreality said:

It is not rebellious nor is it flaming to say that bad people doing bad things is bad for society. Trump's followers are genuinely bad people and their behaviour is emboldening various forms of bigotry and hate crimes. What I said was an objective fact, not 'flamming'. 

Either way. You need to respect other peoples opinions, regardless if they are right or wrong or what part of the political fence they fall on.

Feel free to send a message a moderator to discuss things if you feel it to be unjust (I don't think it was) rather than have an off-topic discussion about it here.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Runa216 said:

Either way. You need to respect other peoples opinions, regardless if they are right or wrong or what part of the political fence they fall on.

Feel free to send a message a moderator to discuss things if you feel it to be unjust (I don't think it was) rather than have an off-topic discussion about it here.

People need to start having opinions worth respecting; not every opinion holds equal value no matter how much certain groups like to play pretend. This whole Trump administration is a perfect example of that because now we have people genuinely believing that liberals rip babies from wombs or that Mexicans/Muslims are bad people or that there are 'fine people' on both sides of a conflict that was about white supremacy. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
Pemalite said:

People need to start having opinions worth respecting; not every opinion holds equal value no matter how much certain groups like to play pretend. This whole Trump administration is a perfect example of that because now we have people genuinely believing that liberals rip babies from wombs or that Mexicans/Muslims are bad people or that there are 'fine people' on both sides of a conflict that was about white supremacy. 

But you do not get to behave as the judge on how much value an opinion holds,ofcourse you think you speak gospel but others should not be holding your words as truth.

Immersiveunreality said:
Runa216 said:

But you do not get to behave as the judge on how much value an opinion holds,ofcourse you think you speak gospel but others should not be holding your words as truth.

But my words ARE truth. That's the difference between objectivity and subjectivity; I'm not speaking (or typing) these things because they're my opinion, I recite these statements because they are backed by facts. I don't personally give a shit if people like trump, because Trump is funny and fun to watch on the apprentice. But when they believe his lies, listen to what he says, and act as they do in some false attempt at whatever it is they think he wants, that's dangerous. 

Look at New Zealand. 

That really should be all I have to say. That shooter is NOT the only instance of people in America or around the world doing things like this because of trump. 

Feelings and opinions don't matter. Actions and facts matter. I'm not all too fussed about playing nice in this situation because passivity has NEVER solved issues on this scale before. WE need to be calling people out on their bad behaviour, we need to quash bigotry before it gains steam, and the decent people out there need to be the ones making the most progress in the world. as it stands, the most dedicated, resourceful, action-oriented people out there are the ones trying to 'restore white nationalism' or to build a wall. THAT IS NOT OKAY. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
Immersiveunreality said:

But my words ARE truth. That's the difference between objectivity and subjectivity; I'm not speaking (or typing) these things because they're my opinion, I recite these statements because they are backed by facts. I don't personally give a shit if people like trump, because Trump is funny and fun to watch on the apprentice. But when they believe his lies, listen to what he says, and act as they do in some false attempt at whatever it is they think he wants, that's dangerous. 

Look at New Zealand. 

That really should be all I have to say. That shooter is NOT the only instance of people in America or around the world doing things like this because of trump. 

Feelings and opinions don't matter. Actions and facts matter. I'm not all too fussed about playing nice in this situation because passivity has NEVER solved issues on this scale before. WE need to be calling people out on their bad behaviour, we need to quash bigotry before it gains steam, and the decent people out there need to be the ones making the most progress in the world. as it stands, the most dedicated, resourceful, action-oriented people out there are the ones trying to 'restore white nationalism' or to build a wall. THAT IS NOT OKAY. 

Bolded 1 : I am sure you believe them to be, you should be better of doubting yourself once in a while and surely with the statements you make to follow up on that in the same comment.

Bolded 2 : Gratz for being the tool of the shooter,you act how he wanted people to act in mass and that even a horrible act like this can be used by you for the narrative you like it to be says a lot,he was lunatic and driven by unrelated shit and memes,spyro 3 damn inspired him but yet you do love that he did a mention of Trump.