By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct "leaked" for January through EA

Miyamotoo said:
VideoGameAccountant said:

I think Nintendo will announce something, but not in a Direct. Nintendo hasn't used them to announce games for Switch. I'm thinking it may be something closer to the Presentation, especially as how well it went over. 

But thats not true, games like Fire Emblem Warriors, Fire Emblem Switch, DOOM, Wolfenstein II, Dragon Quest Builder...are all announced through Nintendo Directs. Difference is that this year they had huge event in January so they announced large number of 2017. lineup,so if that wasn't case we would have even more announcements through Nintendo Directs. Live presentation was because of launch of new hardware, there is no need for another live presentation when Nintendo Directs are doing great job for games.

I mean Nintendo Published games. Youre right about DOOM and the like. 

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

But thats not true, games like Fire Emblem Warriors, Fire Emblem Switch, DOOM, Wolfenstein II, Dragon Quest Builder...are all announced through Nintendo Directs. Difference is that this year they had huge event in January so they announced large number of 2017. lineup,so if that wasn't case we would have even more announcements through Nintendo Directs. Live presentation was because of launch of new hardware, there is no need for another live presentation when Nintendo Directs are doing great job for games.

Fire Emblem Warriors and Fire Emblem Switch are/will be Nintendo Published games.

Miyamotoo said:

Fire Emblem Warriors and Fire Emblem Switch are/will be Nintendo Published games.

I mentioned FE Switch already and Warriors was announced at the presentation.

Visit my site for more

Miyamotoo said:

Yes, FE ise announced through Nintendo Direct. And again, live presentation was because of launch of new hardware, there is no need for another live presentation when Nintendo Directs are doing great job for games announcement like we already saw in this year's Directs.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 02 December 2017

Prediction:

- Full Metroid Prime reveal (a teaser at TGA)
- More BotW DLC announcement
- More Splatoon 2, Arms and Pokken DLC announcement
- Yoshi and Kirby updates (release dates)
- Small Pokemon update
- Animal Crossing Switch
- Third party and indie games (notorious focus on known games like Project Octopath and Lost Sphere)
- Smash hint
- Luigi's Mansion 3 (more similar to the first one)
- 2 new IP's

- FE Switch reveal

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Ea is gonna catch hell from Nintendo.. as if they needed another problem.

Nintendo HATES when people leak things, heads will roll..

Miyamotoo said:

Yes, FE ise announced through Nintendo Direct. And again, live presentation was because of launch of new hardware, there is no need for another live presentation when Nintendo Directs are doing great job for games announcement like we already saw in this year's Directs.

We're going back and forth a bit, so let me see if I can sum this up. What I'm saying is that Nintendo hasn't used Nintendo Directs like they did with the Wii U and 3DS. None of Nintendo's first-party games were announced in a Direct, so, at least with the Switch, there hasn't been a precedent for announcing new games in a Direct (talking about Nintendo first party). So my expectation is they will do something similar to the Presentation (it's also interesting as the title says "2017"). Also, general Nintendo Directs are not common in January.

One thing these fake leaks (if we assume it is fake) do is they play on expectation. Everyone is saying there will be a January Direct, so is it a surprise this says there is a January Direct? This could be real and I could be wrong, but what makes me suspect is some of the way its described (reads a bit too much like marketing) and the fact there is nothing unique. Rabbids was real because there were actual screenshots and images. There doesn't seem to be anything new here (correct me if I'm wrong on the second co-op game. I'll admit I know little about it).

Now, I think my prediction is becoming a bit less likely as time goes on. Nintendo announced the presentation back in October. We're in December. So if there is going to be some presentation, it would be announced soon. I expected they wouldn't even hint about 2018 until Xenoblade was out. Reggie has stated they will talk about it more after the Holiday. So I expect that we'll hear something in the coming weeks now that all the 2017 games are out. I'll admit I could be wrong. But hopefully I've clarified a bit about where I'm coming from. 

Visit my site for more

Miyamotoo said:

We're going back and forth a bit, so let me see if I can sum this up. What I'm saying is that Nintendo hasn't used Nintendo Directs like they did with the Wii U and 3DS. None of Nintendo's first-party games were announced in a Direct, so, at least with the Switch, there hasn't been a precedent for announcing new games in a Direct (talking about Nintendo first party). So my expectation is they will do something similar to the Presentation (it's also interesting as the title says "2017"). Also, general Nintendo Directs are not common in January.

One thing these fake leaks (if we assume it is fake) do is they play on expectation. Everyone is saying there will be a January Direct, so is it a surprise this says there is a January Direct? This could be real and I could be wrong, but what makes me suspect is some of the way its described (reads a bit too much like marketing) and the fact there is nothing unique. Rabbids was real because there were actual screenshots and images. There doesn't seem to be anything new here (correct me if I'm wrong on the second co-op game. I'll admit I know little about it).

Now, I think my prediction is becoming a bit less likely as time goes on. Nintendo announced the presentation back in October. We're in December. So if there is going to be some presentation, it would be announced soon. I expected they wouldn't even hint about 2018 until Xenoblade was out. Reggie has stated they will talk about it more after the Holiday. So I expect that we'll hear something in the coming weeks now that all the 2017 games are out. I'll admit I could be wrong. But hopefully I've clarified a bit about where I'm coming from. 

But fact is that they did, they announced THE through ND. And they basicly using ND same like they were using them with Wii U and 3DS,only difference is that we had January launch even with plenty of announcements and between and that not too many announcements left for rest of year. We had NDs in January in 2013. and 2015. and we had Switch event in January also.

This doesn't seems its fake at all, and actually everyone expected even before this leak January Nintendo Direct.

Nintendo will not talk about 2018. games in middle of holiday season because they are focusing on selling games that they can be bought now, that's reason why Reggie said they will talk about 2018. after holidays (that includes hole December), but its expected that they will probably show one game on Game Awards next week.

And right before that, on December 25th, there’s going to be a Christmas!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
And right before that, on December 25th, there’s going to be a Christmas!

You can only be for sure when they officially announce it 24 hours in advance.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"