By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 47): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - November 20-26, 2017

AnmolRed said:
wtf, why the big increase? amazing numbers though.

Only bigger holiday shipments, Switch is still getting sold out every week.

Around the Network

Splat2 outsells dq11 for ps4 this week!

Splatoon2: 1.373mil
DQ(ps4): 1.372mil
DQ(3ds): 1.763mil
DQ(Com): 3.136mil

Splat2 losing by...

Ps4: BEATEN!
3ds: 402k
DQ: 1.712mil

OMG, great rise for Zelda BOTW
great legs indeed

tbone51 said:
Splat2 outsells dq11 for ps4 this week!

Splatoon2: 1.373mil
DQ(ps4): 1.372mil
DQ(3ds): 1.763mil
DQ(Com): 3.136mil

Splat2 losing by...

Ps4: BEATEN!
3ds: 402k
DQ: 1.712mil

Muhahahahaha.

Hardware sales are only about 200000 below the 2015 total. About 700000 million below the 2014 total.

Last edited by pleaserecycle - on 29 November 2017

Around the Network

wow - just WOW. what else to say?

Switch!!!

I'll just wait here for a certain someone to make me laugh...

So despite the "hype" and prospect of Black Friday, the PS4 failed to achieve any major growth compared to a regular week.

I believe this is a precursor to next year, I think we will see 11K-17K become the default regular week of the PS4 as it gets crushed by the Switch.

huehuehue

Last edited by Xeno555 - on 29 November 2017

Remember also the discussions with people who called PS4 30K great sales. Switch is showing what great sales really are.

instead of accepting how a wise decision Nintendo made with making the Switch a Hybrid and kind of dumb decision that sony did not make one for Japan we probably going to back to the 'it is a hybrid so it doesn't count excuse'.

Really don't think Sony can do much now. 3 year headstart/Being more cheap and available in stores/Own almost any number of games in the top 20 pre ordered lists it is still getting dominated.

Pachofilauri said:
KBG29 said:
Switch is doing incredibly well. Nintendo is has no competition in Japan.

Sony really needs 7nm fabrication to get hopping so they can bring out a Mobile PS4. It is obvious that the Japanese market wants the ability to play their games on the go.

-Give them a Portable PS4
-Offer a 4G LTE or 5G model
-Add Calling & Texting to the PS4 OS (Would be great for VR regaurdless)
-Support Apps
-Then bring it to the west, so I can move on from the Vita, and ditch my phone.

For what? 400USD???

$400 for a Portable PS4 in say early 2019 would be an absolute seal. I'd $600 4G version with calling and texting over a $1,000 iPhone or Android Phone any day. 

Miyamotoo said:

Its not only point for what price, but something like that couldn't be made currently, beacuse you would need PS4 APU in 7nm for something like that, also battery would be much worse than Switch one in any case. Maybe in few years something like PS4 Portable could be possible, but currently is not.

Yeah, no way it would come any sooner than 2019. I think it is pretty much Sony's only option if they want to remain competitive in their home contry though. The home console market is only about 15 to 20 million strong, portables is twice that. A portables that double as a phone could be 3 times that or more. With Apple and Samsung jacking phone prices up into the $1,000 territory, it would be awesome to see Sony and Nintendo disrupt the market with $500 phones that truly innovate.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL