Forums - Gaming Discussion - Not every 1st party Switch game should be $60

Yoshi's Woolly World was $40 on Wii U, so I'd expect Yoshi Switch to be priced similarly. I also don't see Kirby Star Allies going for $60, $50 at most like Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, but I think it'll probably be $40 aswell.

Around the Network
NawaiNey said:
Most Nintendo games should be priced like indie titles, as they have similar production values.

Not sure if you're trolling or not, but I find it hard to believe a game like Mario Odyssey should be priced like an indie game. $19 starting price is burglary of the year. There's no way you can compare something like Shovel Knight or RIME to Mario Odyssey in production value. If you want to go by production value, shouldn't games developed by Sony and Microsoft cost $80 or something since they apparently cost millions more? How about games like Overwatch which doesn't even have a single-player mode (or at least one that's notable), should that have been $60 starting price? Let's not get ahead of ourselves with these hot takes. 

So all ps4 first party games including Knack should be 100$ by your logic

NawaiNey said:
Most Nintendo games should be priced like indie titles, as they have similar production values.

I mean, we can clearly have different opinions on the matter, but your's is kinda ... flat out outrageous.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mario and Luigi isn't Switch though

but anyways, it probably will be like the Wii U, bigger games at full price while smaller budget ones will be cheaper, with really small eshop only games being the cheapest, aside from VC

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread -

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:

Thing is though Sony has been actually selling their games that don't cost as much to make at cheaper price points.

Like Knack 2. Ratchet and Clank, Hotshot's Golf, etc. being launched at $40. It's clear to see that these Sony games aren't on the same level as an Uncharted, Horizon, or God of War when it comes to production value. Just like it's clear to see that a Mario tennis, Star Fox, and countless other Nintendo games aren't on the same boat as a mainline Mario or Zelda title.

HoangNhatAnh said:

...what? That makes absolutely no sense.

With my logic, games like Horizon Zero Dawn and Uncharted 4 deserve to be $60 while Knack 2 and other smaller Sony titles should stay below 60. Patapon was an excellent title on the PSP, and it didn't need to be a high budget game in order to be enjoyable

monocle_layton said:
Flilix said:

What was the official price for Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2? I got both at launch for €50.

They were $60 officially in the US.

Should've put '1st party' in title, but I assumed people would read my post. Guess not.

Even then, what's the price of Snipperclips or Flip Wars? Pretty sure they are not 60$ games

NawaiNey said:

So, Big Publishers Games becoming Free-to-play confirmed?

1 week of a remade game (not including digital) sells almost as much as Vagrant Story lifetime (not including digital either but I can guess which did better here too).