By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Not every 1st party Switch game should be $60

BasilZero said:
How about lowering the price of a WiiU Launch game....its still $60 :(

Ouch. I can find many of the 1st party titles for much less. 

Ljink96 said:
Superstar Saga should have been 30 bucks. But I think the bigger issue is that the fans have moved to the Switch and they're waiting for experiences on that device. There have been 3 Mario and Luigi games on 3DS, I don't think we want any more Nintendo.

Hopefully the series gets a mini revamp. I love it, but Bowser's Inside Story is ahead of the other entries by a ridiculous margin. 

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:
BasilZero said:
How about lowering the price of a WiiU Launch game....its still $60 :(

Ouch. I can find many of the 1st party titles for much less. 

Ljink96 said:
Superstar Saga should have been 30 bucks. But I think the bigger issue is that the fans have moved to the Switch and they're waiting for experiences on that device. There have been 3 Mario and Luigi games on 3DS, I don't think we want any more Nintendo.

Hopefully the series gets a mini revamp. I love it, but Bowser's Inside Story is ahead of the other entries by a ridiculous margin. 

I agree! Nintendo was so worried about Paper Mario not being able to co-exist with the Mario and Luigi Series or move any further, when Paper Mario has more potential than the Mario and Luigi series at this point. They can revamp it, though. Hopefully they go ahead and do that. Hopefully that spirit that defined Zelda Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey is infectious and it reaches the other 1st and 2nd party studios.

1 2 Switch is 50. Thanks for the thread though.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

GhaudePhaede010 said:

The point of my thread isn't over the cost. I was focusing on smaller titles that i hope Nintendo bring soon

I agree also, though I was feeling that way about 3rd party games. I don't really want to buy Doom at $60... Some smaller games like ARMS and Splatoon maybe should be cheaper, like in the 40-50 range.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:
GhaudePhaede010 said:

The point of my thread isn't over the cost. I was focusing on smaller titles that i hope Nintendo bring soon

Snipperclips.

VGPolyglot said:
monocle_layton said:

Snipperclips.

Most people probably think Snipperclips is a $20 game. Does that make it any worse? Nope.

People clearly enjoy smaller titles by Nintendo. The Wii had a lot of solid titles as well. The Switch is a perfect place for these games, especially when it becomes more affordable in the future

monocle_layton said:
VGPolyglot said:

Snipperclips.

Most people probably think Snipperclips is a $20 game. Does that make it any worse? Nope.

People clearly enjoy smaller titles by Nintendo. The Wii had a lot of solid titles as well. The Switch is a perfect place for these games, especially when it becomes more affordable in the future

So then, what are you arguing? We're giving examples of 1st party published Switch games that are under $60.

VGPolyglot said:
monocle_layton said:

So then, what are you arguing? We're giving examples of 1st party published Switch games that are under $60.

I'm basically saying the 3ds shouldn't receive these titles. They're doing terrible (except for Pokemon). Superstar saga DX would've done much better on the Switch. 

I get Nintendo wants to support it, but at the same time it's costing them sales

monocle_layton said:

I'm basically saying the 3ds shouldn't receive these titles. They're doing terrible (except for Pokemon). Superstar saga DX would've done much better on the Switch. 

I get Nintendo wants to support it, but at the same time it's costing them sales

To interject here, I think you're hitting a bit of a brick wall. You see, the reality is, as great as the 3DS titles are - a lot of them are stop-gap games. They're games to satisfy the 3DS in what is effectively it's last year of life. 

A lot of these titles are remakes of older games, ports, or late western releases. The remakes are of the more niche games in their franchises, and they're not up to the standard of the Switch. I mean don't get me wrong, Samus Returns had a lot of work put into it and so did Shadows of Valentia(it's really surprising how much work was put into Valentia in fact). But they're still more rigid experiences. Hell SOV even uses the same maps as the original game, and a lot of the same outdated mechanics, just for the sake of keeping true to the original. While people like me are interested in seeing the different variations of FE gameplay, that style conflicts with what made FE so popular. It wouldn't be up to the standards of the Awakening fans waiting for the next big console iteration.  Consider also that FE already has a game out on Switch, and it's getting a mainline one as early as next year. For Metroid Samus Returns ... the answer is a bit foggier, but I imagine that the Switch 2D Metroid should be original and not a remake. 

Also, this site has already been over this with an earlier thread, but I think people are putting too much stock in expectations. Reality is SOV and Metriod Samus Returns are selling well, not great, but good enough. I think Nintendo, you know the actual company that cares about money, would port them on the Switch immediately if there wasn't a good reason to put them on 3DS.