By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Not every 1st party Switch game should be $60

The remake of 'Mario and Luigi - Superstar Saga DX' only sold 76000 in its first week. Simply put, that's absolutely terrible.

Any game which doesn't have 'Pokemon' in its name has done awful. I understand Nintendo is still interested in the 3ds, but the potential sales for the Switch are simple significantly more. 

1st party titles can appeal to more people by introducing smaller games for $40. As a hybrid, I believe Nintendo tackling smaller budget games and making it cheaper will create a larger market for Nintendo games and the Switch. Once the Switch decreases in price, these cheaper titles would easily appeal to not only the current userbase, but the nonexistent userbase looking for an affordable method of HD portable gaming.

Around the Network

Not every Switch game is $60......

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Superstar Saga was not a Switch-game and not $60

Not every Switch game is 60 dollars.

Plus games on the 3DS are now failling simply because the 3DS is an old system, the Switch is the hot new system from Nintendo, and remakes like Superstar saga are still remakes, so they will sell less than a new entry.

Nintendo just needs now to stop supporting the 3DS althogether.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

These are really just really low budget titles being put on 3DS so it doesn't look like it's been abandoned straight away. Of course they'd do better on Switch, but that isn't really their purpose.

Around the Network

What was the official price for Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2? I got both at launch for €50.

Green098 said:
These are really just really low budget titles being put on 3DS so it doesn't look like it's been abandoned straight away. Of course they'd do better on Switch, but that isn't really their purpose.

I doubt Nintendo have a problem with it looking like they're abandoning a system to be fair.. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Flilix said:

What was the official price for Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2? I got both at launch for €50.

They were $60 officially in the US.

Should've put '1st party' in title, but I assumed people would read my post. Guess not.

ArchangelMadzz said:
Green098 said:

I doubt Nintendo have a problem with it looking like they're abandoning a system to be fair.. 

They have always been good about supporting their handhelds for about a year after the successor released.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

76,000 sales for a game of that scope and ambition is perfectly fine.
The team already had the art pipeline sorted, the game's design already done and they probably reused assets.

76,000 * $40 is about three million dollars in total revenue, and to be honest: I doubt the game's development budget was over one million dollars.

The game will continue to sell and Nintendo gets to put its footage in trailers and such; the game is a success.