Forums - Gaming Discussion - Not every 1st party Switch game should be $60

monocle_layton said:
Flilix said:

What was the official price for Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2? I got both at launch for €50.

They were $60 officially in the US.

 

Should've put '1st party' in title, but I assumed people would read my post. Guess not.

It helps when the title and post are about the same thing.....



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:
Flilix said:

What was the official price for Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2? I got both at launch for €50.

They were $60 officially in the US.

 

Should've put '1st party' in title, but I assumed people would read my post. Guess not.

Wasn't 1, 2 Switch lower than 60?
Snipperclips, which was published by Nintendo was $20, I think.

Maybe we could see a free to play Smash Bros.



>"Not every Switch game should be $60"

>Doesn't talk about a Switch game

>Game isn't 60$

In all seriousness I know what you were getting at. Making games 40$ for smaller experiences on Switch could potentially be a tough sell if the Switch is viewed as a console. This might be the first gen in a long time for instance where a 2D Zelda is more like a big triple A game, just nowhere near the level of a 3D one. I think Nintendo will have to carefully balance that "Switch" feeling of a game - a console game on the go, and the more limited 3ds like experiences



Too worthless to live, too scared to die. 

Captain Toad & Kirby Rainbow Curse released on Wii U for $40 so no reason to believe Nintendo is going to make all games $60



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
>"Not every Switch game should be $60"

>Doesn't talk about a Switch game

>Game isn't 60$

In all seriousness I know what you were getting at. Making games 40$ for smaller experiences on Switch could potentially be a tough sell if the Switch is viewed as a console. This might be the first gen in a long time for instance where a 2D Zelda is more like a big triple A game, just nowhere near the level of a 3D one. I think Nintendo will have to carefully balance that "Switch" feeling of a game - a console game on the go, and the more limited 3ds like experiences

If I recall correctly, Captain Toad and another Wii U game were $50 at release. The Switch has a lot of capability as a hybrid, and I see the 'smaller' games on the 3ds eventually migrating to the Switch.



Around the Network

*See sales of M&L Superstar Saga remake*

,-_-,

Anyway, there are games with a lower price than 60$, yeah there not 1st party games, but still necessary to build off a good base.

+ I think the next Kirby/Yoshi could have a price tag of 45/50 $



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

So you are saying if they port this to the switch, you feel it should be cheaper. Fair enough.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

spurgeonryan said:
So you are saying if they port this to the switch, you feel it should be cheaper. Fair enough.

Well, if they put Superstar Saga DX on Switch, I wouldn't want it to magically be a $60 game. 

There's nothing wrong with Nintendo putting out a game at $40-50. It doesn't lower the quality; it simply means it isn't a high budget game



monocle_layton said:
spurgeonryan said:
So you are saying if they port this to the switch, you feel it should be cheaper. Fair enough.

Well, if they put Superstar Saga DX on Switch, I wouldn't want it to magically be a $60 game. 

There's nothing wrong with Nintendo putting out a game at $40-50. It doesn't lower the quality; it simply means it isn't a high budget game.

I feel that unless something extra is added to a port,  besides making it playable on the system it is being ported to,  it should be cheaper. 



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

spurgeonryan said:
monocle_layton said:

Well, if they put Superstar Saga DX on Switch, I wouldn't want it to magically be a $60 game. 

There's nothing wrong with Nintendo putting out a game at $40-50. It doesn't lower the quality; it simply means it isn't a high budget game.

I feel that unless something extra is added to a port,  besides making it playable on the system it is being ported to,  it should be cheaper. 

I agree with you completely. Companies should lower a game's price if they know it isn't truly worth $60