By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do some people shorten Nintendo to Ninty?

Same reason why Sonenko is nicknamed Sony
And why Microsoft is nicknamed Microsofty

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

As long as you don't use the proper full name, no matter what brand or what short form you use, you can say some really bad or dumb things and feel pretty safe that you won't be sued. Otherwise it's unique and also faster to type.

Apparently Ninty is a common misspelling for Ninety.

I don't know how people make that mistake, but ok.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

VGPolyglot said:
Platina said:
It's a nickname thing

John = Johnny
Bill = Billy
Patricia = Patty
Nintendo = Ninty

Platina = Platty

Tito = Titty

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Because most human beings are followers and go right along with the masses. Back when we were cave dwellers, it was vital to copy the things you saw in order to survive. Now that we don't have to worry about that sort of thing, you'd think nature would have eradicated that little part of our DNA but... nope.

Around the Network

Pehy...pey....py....pie....piey....

No, that doesn't work.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

To show affection.

Cloudman said:
Well, I certain don't shorten Nintendo like that. I call them Ninten sometimes. Who calls them Ninty..?

Ninten is taken.

Ka-pi96 said:
Platina said:
It's a nickname thing

John = Johnny
Bill = Billy
Patricia = Patty
Nintendo = Ninty

And Richard = Dick

Explain that one

What about Richy?

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

I think it's cute and it shows affection, so I tend to call Nintendo "Ninty" when I speak fondly about them XD.