Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendolife scored Pokemon ultra Sun and Moon a 10/10!

caffeinade said:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe:
Looks better (1080p vs 720p)
Runs better (60FPS vs 59FPS)
Has almost twice the tracks (as it packs in the DLC)
Has more racers (even beyond DLC)
Improves the racing systems (Two items at a time, ultra mini turbo)
Adds a proper battle mode.
Adds portability.

Yet despite all of that it's still somehow a worse game than the original. Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon on the other hand, I doubt are any worse than Sun & Moon, though that doesn't mean it'll suddenly be the second coming because Sun & Moon were awful to begin with.

Also, AngryLittleAlchemist, thanks for reminding me why NintendoLife is crap. I never associated that name with anything good, but wasn't sure why - the moment you mentioned "Alex from NintendoLife" I remembered what exactly is so bad about it... those dudes just suck.

Around the Network

Managed to get the game early and have beaten the main story, and have dabbled in the post game.

This game is not a 10. I felt bittersweet about S/M, but still gave it about an 8. US/UM wasn't bad per se, but I certainly wish more was put into it.

8.2 would be a more appropriate score. Good game, just nothing adding to make it vastly superior to the originals. I'll be waiting to see how they handle HD pokemon

mZuzek said:
caffeinade said:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe:
Looks better (1080p vs 720p)
Runs better (60FPS vs 59FPS)
Has almost twice the tracks (as it packs in the DLC)
Has more racers (even beyond DLC)
Improves the racing systems (Two items at a time, ultra mini turbo)
Adds a proper battle mode.
Adds portability.

Yet despite all of that it's still somehow a worse game than the original. Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon on the other hand, I doubt are any worse than Sun & Moon, though that doesn't mean it'll suddenly be the second coming because Sun & Moon were awful to begin with.

Also, AngryLittleAlchemist, thanks for reminding me why NintendoLife is crap. I never associated that name with anything good, but wasn't sure why - the moment you mentioned "Alex from NintendoLife" I remembered what exactly is so bad about it... those dudes just suck.

care to explain?

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I'm pretty sure Alex from Nintendo Life scoffed at someone for saying SMO is overrated. I would not take their opinions seriously.

Wow. Do you really not see how hypocritical your crusade against objective reviews is when you also make comments like this?

StarDoor said:
I'm pretty sure Alex from Nintendo Life scoffed at someone for saying SMO is overrated. I would not take their opinions seriously.

Wow. Do you really not see how hypocritical your crusade against objective reviews is when you also make comments like this?

Uhm ... not really. What do you mean? 

Too worthless to live, too scared to die. 

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
mZuzek said:

care to explain?

Yes, I know I have to. It's not exactly a popular opinion to think MK8 Deluxe is worse than the original, because of obvious reasons.

I don't have a Switch, so my experience with Deluxe wasn't as expansive as the one I had with the Wii U version. The time I did have with it however, surprised me in negative ways. I think I just have an issue with some of the stuff they added, namely the items. Mario Kart was never exactly the most competitive game in the world nor was it supposed to be, but I always like my games to reward good play to some extent, and I think MK8 had a pretty good balance between skill and RNG. Deluxe, however, throws that balance completely out the window, because it introduces more new items that can screw you over (seriously, fuck that Boo), changes up the item balancing so you have a lot more aggressive items everywhere, especially Bob-ombs, and the worst change of all, allows players to carry two items at once, which allows for some ridiculously overpowered crap like a player in 2nd place getting a red shell AND a triple red shell which basically means they've won the race (regardless of how early or late into it) unless they get blue shelled at some point.

tl;dr it just felt to me like Deluxe suddenly put a lot more emphasis on the items, and suddenly what I thought was a good balance of skill and luck became a chaotic RNG mess. If it wasn't for that, I'd love it (even though I'd have rather seen new tracks instead of the new battle mode, but oh well).

Can't say that I agree....

Mostly cuz I still haven't even played the games Dx I wanted to Nuzlocke them and draw a comic series about that, but since I haven't been able to do that yet, the game's been put on hold. Who knows when I'll finally be able to play it, haha...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

StarDoor said:

Uhm ... not really. What do you mean? 

You constantly defend people like Jim Sterling whose reviews are entirely based on their personal enjoyment of a game, and you've said on multiple occasions that reviews aren't supposed to objectively rate a game, but rather give their opinion. You made a thread mocking people who didn't agree with Jim's Zelda score. And that's all fine, by itself.

But then you turn right around and go disrespecting other people's opinions when you don't agree with them.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8617954

YOU think that Super Mario Odyssey is overrated.

Overrate: have a higher opinion of (someone or something) than is deserved

But how can people have a higher opinion of a game than it deserves, if games can't actually be rated objectively? All reviewers are just giving their personal opinions on the game.

Obviously, if Alex thought that Super Mario Odyssey was a masterpiece, then he wouldn't think the game is overrated even if it were possible for a game to be objectively "overrated". But apparently this opinion is enough for you to say he shouldn't be taken seriously. Huh. Something about this sounds familiar...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=232757&page=1

I want honest thorough journalism that fairly critiques a game, until it goes against what I think.

I guess that wasn't satire after all.

IGN gave it a 9... that is saying something considering this is set in an island region with lots of ocean/sea.

Guess the water didn't hold back the review score... I'll see myself out now...

Not really surprising since they gave the previous games a 10

I didn't read their review to avoid potential spoilers

Though I heard that a lot of the game is the same, so I really hope it's not the case

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread -

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]