By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendolife scored Pokemon ultra Sun and Moon a 10/10!

Not really surprising, but so far it seems that UltraSun/UltraMoon have started off with the same Metascore that Sun/Moon settled at, so initial reception seems to be that the games are definitely worthwhile entries in the series, rather than just copy/paste jobs.

Around the Network

I'm so surprised. I can barely contain myself.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

I mean, they're based on top quality games that, while not a 10/10 in my book, are plenty good enough to earn the occasional 100%. This just adds a few features to it so... I mean if the guy thought it was already a 10/10, I imagine he'd still think as much now.

It reminds me of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, except that there appears to be less improvements in this instance. A game is rarely going to score lower unless it's a completely botched remaster or something.

How many games have they given 10/10 this year?

Wait...the metascore is 88 with 16 reviews (so far) :O

I thought it was going to do like 77 or something like that lol.

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:
I mean, they're based on top quality games that, while not a 10/10 in my book, are plenty good enough to earn the occasional 100%. This just adds a few features to it so... I mean if the guy thought it was already a 10/10, I imagine he'd still think as much now.

It reminds me of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, except that there appears to be less improvements in this instance. A game is rarely going to score lower unless it's a completely botched remaster or something.

I don't think it should be compared based on the previous iteration though, it should be compared based on the other games that are released around the same time. For example, Final Fantasy X obviously had to be compared to different games when it was released in the remastered form. Giving it a minimum of the same score as the original would make much less sense.

Well, for some people (like me) if the definitive version is better than the original, it should be scored higher. For example, Skyrim Special Edition was better than the original game for me because of significant improvements to graphics, loading times that are no longer unbearably long, and the addition of mods is awesome.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Johnw1104 said:

I would I argue that Ultra Sun/Moon have more improvements from Sun/Moon than MK8D had from MK8 (MK8-D is still the best in the series for me tho)

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Deserved score, tbh.

Unbiased review outlet.

Whilst I have not read the review, and I have yet to play the game...
Have higher standards.