By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Minions Studio Close To Agreement To Make Mario Films

Nintendo is likely looking at this the way Google looks at all their moonshot projects - a way to gain exposure to their printing press. Any exposure to a larger audience will be huge for the Switch and Mario games.

“Some parents let their young kids win at games, but mine never did. I don't think it was because they were particularly competitive, they just wanted to teach me a valuable lesson. Life is mostly just learning how to lose.”

Around the Network

I don't have high hopes for this. I'm expecting the worst and hopefully, we're in for a pleasant surprise.

killeryoshis said:
So is it going to be an origin movie or are we going to somehow make a movie on Bowser kidnapping Peach?

Spoilers please!!!

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

StarDoor said:
Slarvax said:
What other bad combination between Mario and a stupid kids franchise have we heard of before? How did that one turn out? 🤔

It sounds like you read that they're making a crossover between Minions and Mario, which would be truly disgusting.

The people who made the Minions movies are now making a purely Mario movie. Still bad, but not that bad.

still bad?

Do you consider a Mario movie like the the episodes of super Mario bros 3/Super Mario world animated television series, bad?

Are these bad?

https://youtu.be/gvUtpTWdwpQ

https://youtu.be/BJs2auMVm50

I don't think so...

Last edited by tak13 - on 14 November 2017

sethnintendo said:
Should have went with Pixar but Disney's greedy hands probably would have been all over that.

It's below Pixar to make licenced movies IMO.

They should make their own stuff and make it as well as they possibly can.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
KungKras said:
sethnintendo said:
Should have went with Pixar but Disney's greedy hands probably would have been all over that.

It's below Pixar to make licenced movies IMO.

They should make their own stuff and make it as well as they possibly can.

Agreed!  Illumination would be okay as far as I'm concerned - would they end up bringing in Charles Martinet?

A better question, who would do Bowser?  *shudders*

Guys see the links in my first comment and tell me, wouldn't you like a super mario movie like these animated series episodes?

dx11332sega said:
Are there people that loved minions?

They might be still popular in Japan.

mZuzek said:
TomaTito said:

Spoilers please!!!

I'd hardly consider that a spoiler. If you want a real spoiler, let me do that for you: Mario actually saves Peach. Yeah, let that sink in.

Dude! Seriously....Some of us play the game for its story and now you just ruined it! 

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

So another shitty Mario movie. IE films are awful.