By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Minions Studio Close To Agreement To Make Mario Films

Illumination Entertainment is awful. I really hope that Nintendo does not team up with them.

Around the Network

The worst possible outcome next to Sony Pictures Animation fumbling it onto screens. At least don't let the Minions get near it.

My point is everyone called Mario + Rabbids trash before it came out. Wait and see; Nintendo is probably carefully looking into this stuff. They won't make a shitty Mario.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Kai_Mao said:
dx11332sega said:
Are there people that loved minions?

They might be still popular in Japan.

Yep. Minions are still everywhere here, and everyone seems to like or even love them, especially kids. 

sethnintendo said:
Should have went with Pixar but Disney's greedy hands probably would have been all over that.

Disney controlling pixar, star wars, and marvel is insane enough. Imagine Nintendo joining that family! My head would explode.

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:
Are there people that loved minions?

I know many kids who love them (for some reason...)

Anyway, I don't have high hopes for this movie, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised :p

Nintendo will make billions upon signing this deal.
Billions off the movies, directly.
Billions gained in mind-share.

Maybe this will be a shitty Monsters Inc. ripoff. Like how the Secret Life Of Pets was a shitty Toy Story ripoff.

I would rather have IE than Pixar. But I for the most part don't like Pixar movies (Toy Story 1 and the Incredibles not withstanding, love those 2). They try to be too touchy feely which in an animated movie feels well... weird to me. Just cant get into it.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Smartie900 said:
Maybe this will be a shitty Monsters Inc. ripoff. Like how the Secret Life Of Pets was a shitty Toy Story ripoff.

wut? SLoP did drag during parts, but I don't see how it mimicked Toy Story. I mean the only angle I can see is the Toy is story is about what toys do when people aren't around and SLoP is what about pets do. The plot is pretty different, the only convergence is the old favorite is jealous of the new thing. But overall I never felt like SLoP was copying TS1.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut