By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Minions Studio Close To Agreement To Make Mario Films

They are not Pixar that's for sure but they have proved they can do good CGI animation and extremelly succesful movies. What they need now is a better and smarter writting.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

They are not Pixar that's for sure but they have proved they can do good CGI animation and extremelly succesful movies. What they need now is a better and smarter writting.

Miyamoto can do the script.
Problem solved.

I really do hope he is having fun:
Building theme parks,
Making movies,
and things we don't even know about yet.

The internet has found some concept designs...

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Dulfite said:
sethnintendo said:
Should have went with Pixar but Disney's greedy hands probably would have been all over that.

Disney controlling pixar, star wars, and marvel is insane enough. Imagine Nintendo joining that family! My head would explode.

Not including the fact that Nintendo partnered with the competition (Universal Studios) in where to place their theme park. I would think that has something to do with it. As the minions are featured at Universal Studios parks as well.

bigjon said:
Smartie900 said:
Maybe this will be a shitty Monsters Inc. ripoff. Like how the Secret Life Of Pets was a shitty Toy Story ripoff.

wut? SLoP did drag during parts, but I don't see how it mimicked Toy Story. I mean the only angle I can see is the Toy is story is about what toys do when people aren't around and SLoP is what about pets do. The plot is pretty different, the only convergence is the old favorite is jealous of the new thing. But overall I never felt like SLoP was copying TS1.

I should be more precise. SLoP combined aspects of Toy Story 1 and 2 to make a predictable movie 

- Main character is loved by owner and has a good life until he is somewhat replaced by a second character

- Two characters have bitter animosity towards each other

- One character tries to get rid of the other

- Both of the characters get lost from original owner

- Characters' friends go out and look for them 

- Characters meet toys/animals who initially seem to want to help main characters

- Antagonists turn out to be psychopaths that are against the best interests of the main characters

- Character has emotional back story of how they lost their owner (Jessie/Duke)

- 1st main character is put into a situation where they have to save the 2nd main character from peril

- Car chase scene to accomplish objective

- 1st main character is in love with female character (Gidget/ Bo Peep)

- Antagonist gets left to the care of an owner (Inspector/ Snowball)

- 2 main characters become best friends at the end of the movie

Around the Network
shoichi said:
Dulfite said:

Disney controlling pixar, star wars, and marvel is insane enough. Imagine Nintendo joining that family! My head would explode.

Not including the fact that Nintendo partnered with the competition (Universal Studios) in where to place their theme park. I would think that has something to do with it. As the minions are featured at Universal Studios parks as well.

Good point! Competition is healthy, and Disney doesn't have much atm.