By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console gamers, why do you feel console gaming is better than PC?

Simplicity.

I buy a moderately priced box, I connect it to a display device, the UI and games all work using the same gamepad. Console gaming is just simple.

I also like the social aspect of consoles. Seeing what your friends are playing, recording clips, etc.

Many of the aspects I like about console gaming just aren't the same on PC. But for avid gamers it makes sense to have a decent gaming PC.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Three things:
If I build a gaming pc it's going to be a monster and I don't want to spend that money at the moment. Max is the only acceptable setting if I go PC.
2. PC does not have Sony's First Party games or Nintendo of you are a ninty fan.
3. Connecting a console to a tv and play games is easy and straightforward compared to pc and since I only complete 6 games a year, a pc is simply not worth the trouble or the money in my case.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I prefer Consoles and Handhelds over PC and Smartphones.

The number one reason is games. Sony and Nintendo First Party titles outclass anything on PC and Smartphone by miles for me. I am more impressd with the technology in stuff from Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Polyphony Digital, and Nintendo EPD, than what is available on PC and Smart Phone. In my expereince PC's, even when I have dumped thousands into them, just don't deliver an experience anywhere close to the money I put into them. I don't even thini I have to explai why Smartphones are complete garbage.

Beyond games I just like the simplicity and standardization of Console and Handhelds OS's over Windows, iOS, and Android. Having to deal with dozens of apps/programs to get simple things done outweighs any amount of enhanced function or cost savings. If I could make phone calls, text, check PDFs, and print from my consoles and handhelds I would not touch another phone or pc again.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I hate PC 's they always slow down and up running really choppy. Dont know why, but both my gaming laptops have had this issue.

I am a Console Gamer, I own over 1000 titles on consoles and own the Xbox one X and Ps4, 3DS, still need to get the switch.

Gaming isn't better on Console its different. Its easier to just play a game and not worry about settings and it has the very huge benefit (why I buy them) of physical media.

PC gaming in many ways is better however, games are cheaper, storage is cheaper, hardware- software are more flexable to your own needs and upgrading is less expensive. PC gaming also gets a ton of free games trough origin, uplay, goog old games and humble that match and sometimes outperform the free games you get on services as XBL and PS+.

The real disadvantage of PC gaming is the lack of physical media and cheaters, yes cheaters. Online gaming can be a pure desease on PC.

Anyway both have their ups and downs and you should play however you feel is best but you should never deny that there is room for all ways to play games.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

Jrpgs metal gear mario kart etc

''Hadouken!''

I like consoles but my biggest gripe with them is loading times. On PC they are almost non existent while on consoles it is no unordinary thing to have 1 or even 2 min loading times, na mean. I will never forget the horrors of playing the Mass Effect trilogy on PS3.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

flashfire926 said:
curl-6 said:

For me the main draw of consoles is simple convenience; I plug it into my TV, and it plays. I don't need to worry about drivers, upgrading parts, tinkering under the hood or any of that, which is frankly all Greek to me since I'm not computer-savvy.

this.

And also, I like leaning back and relaxing on the couch rather than hunching forward in a chair.

I am a huge fan of racing games, and the analog sticks are much more suitable for that than mouse and keyboard.

You can also attach a PC to the TV and use xbox controllers or whatever controller you like. The PC give you way more options how to play your games.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

I used to be mostly a pc gamer, started to play more on consoles in ps2/gc/xbox era, consoles became my dominant game time with ps3/360, now PC is a distant 3rd.

Consoles are simply more relaxing to me.

PC:
- It's the interface I will always associate with work and stress.
- Email and other distractions are always right there. Some programs will even force your game to the background to grab your attention.
- Keyboard and mouse is not suitable to reclining on a couch.
- No guaranteed performance level, it might run great first, then slow down in a later chapter or after a patch or just because windows is downloading an update or re-indexing or something... (fuck svchost and your cpu/ram usage)
- Specific bugs for your gpu/cpu combination that might not be easily fixed.
- No physical games in stores.

Console:
- Fast to turn on, infrequent updates, get into the games fast.
- Easier to move between displays, just need power cable and hdmi present at each location.
- No graphics settings to worry about, just play the game.
- If there's a problem, you bet everyone has that problem and it will be fixed or a workaround is easily found on the internet.
- My taste in gaming is also better aligned with consoles nowadays. Exclusives still matter, they're more polished, better balanced, more complete at launch, heck they actually have a launch instead of this early access or ongoing development.

The last major game I played on PC (my laptop) was Elite Dangerous. I played that for 9 months, yet with patches and upgrades it became unplayable on my laptop, dropping below 10 fps and taking 30 sec to load a map screen. Yet I wouldn't want to play that on console since there is so much downtime you kinda need alt-tab to keep yourself entertained...

Simple easy to use pick up and play. Seems to be more of a community imo and also has great exclusive software and dedicated developers.

Pc is great I use mine a lot and you can get the best versions of games depending on spec. But a console will always be the most popular option.

Imo if next gen provides 4k/60 then there's no point of a pc then, as games would have reached a point where spending an extra £300 on a GPU won't net much of a differences

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...