By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console gamers, why do you feel console gaming is better than PC?

Azzanation said:

Its not. Majority of console gamers cant afford top tier PCs for the ultimate experience.
Its like them trying to say a 2017 3 series BMW is better than a 2017 7 series BMW. Because they can only afford the 3 series so it becomes there baby.

And for the record. Console gamers attack each other alot more compared to PC fanboys entering the battle.

This is some BS. The majority of PC gamers play on weak old computers and play F2P games. Or in internet cafes in China.

Also, the price difference between a console and a PC is much lower than than of the cars you used in your analogy.

Around the Network

They are different, at least that's what I feel when playing each other

Intrinsic said:
Azzanation said:

Its not. Majority of console gamers cant afford top tier PCs for the ultimate experience.
Its like them trying to say a 2017 3 series BMW is better than a 2017 7 series BMW.
Because they can only afford the 3 series so it becomes there baby.

And for the record. Console gamers attack each other alot more compared to PC fanboys entering the battle.

See what I mean?

to use your anology....

the 3 series or 7 series is not relevant if they are both gonna get you to the theater just the same and you watch the same movie.

And someone reading this.... you make it sound like everyone like you (PC gamer) drives a 7 series (has a maxed out rig)

What movie cinema are you going to? Premium or Standard. There's always a difference. Depends how much luxury you want on your way there and when your there. 

I play the games at there fullest, some games look slightly better and some greatly. End of day money buys the difference. 

Also the way I worded it was pretty clear. I said "Majority of console gamers cant afford top tier PCs." How does that indicate I was saying PC gamers all own 7 series or high end PCs? That was an example. I don't own a 7 series, I own a cheap Jag.

Intrinsic said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

If a 17 year old can do it a 216 year old can do it - and probably much better

What of if you just don't want to? I mean these days you don't even have to build a great gaming PC. You can pretty much just walk into a store or go on amazon and buy one.

Its still a PC though.

Very true. 

Lawlight said:
Azzanation said:

Its like them trying to say a 2017 3 series BMW is better than a 2017 7 series BMW. Because they can only afford the 3 series so it becomes there baby.

This is some BS. The majority of PC gamers play on weak old computers and play F2P games. Or in internet cafes in China.

Also, the price difference between a console and a PC is much lower than than of the cars you used in your analogy.

You basically just agreed with my post except you just made it sound like you disagree. The car analogy makes perfect sense. Doesn't matter of the price difference because I am talking about the features and quality of the cars. The price difference is obviously larger to buy a 7 series however that's also the same when buying a high end PC compared to a console.

Around the Network

My reasons:

1. Better library. The Sony first party games are just experiences that cannot be obtained on a PC. The PC exclusives are in genres that I don’t care for.

2. More convenient. Plug and play. Update if you wish to add to that list.

3. Looks better in the living room.

4. All my friends play on the PS4. We even buy games at the same time to play together.

I've never been interested in PC gaming.

I feel that it's the most overrated platform, the exclusive games really don't compare to the ones on console, and to top it off, the community is by far the most toxic in gaming too.

Cerebralbore101 said:
NawaiNey said:
Because of the games.
The list of upcoming games that I am interested in playing is as follows:
Monster Hunter World
Final Fantasy Dissidia
Shadow of the Colossus
God of War
Red Dead Redemption 2
Detroit Become Human
Spiderman
Kingdom Hearts 3
Days Gone
The Last of Us 2
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Ghost of Tsushima
Death Stranding
Cyberpunk 2077

I think only 2 or 3 of those will be on PC.

Yeah, pretty much this. Under half the games I buy every year are available on PC. 

You cant do list wars with these type of things. For starters that's an opinion post. If you are not interesting in any of those games it makes the system not look any better and how many of those games are going to be great? We are now assuming.

PC also has a large collection of games not found on consoles. And a much larger variety and library to choose from. So really you are fighting an uphill battle with that list. Also with PSNow and Live on PCs that list of exclusives will shrink by a fair margin over time. Also remember the PC will do it better if you want it to.

Azzanation said:
Lawlight said:

You basically just agreed with my post except you just made it sound like you disagree. The car analogy makes perfect sense. Doesn't matter of the price difference because I am talking about the features and quality of the cars. The price difference is obviously larger to buy a 7 series however that's also the same when buying a high end PC compared to a console.

I don’t see how I’m agreeing with you seeing as how I’m talking about you being wrong in thinking that PC gamers have more money.

Also, car analogy don’t work because there’s nothing like the library part. Maybe this: Console gaming is like a series 3 but PC gaming is like a series 7 in a desert (so you can’t drive it around).

Azzanation said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Yeah, pretty much this. Under half the games I buy every year are available on PC. 

You cant do list wars with these type of things. For starters that's an opinion post. If you are not interesting in any of those games it makes the system not look any better and how many of those games are going to be great? We are now assuming.

PC also has a large collection of games not found on consoles. And a much larger variety and library to choose from. So really you are fighting an uphill battle with that list. Also with PSNow and Live on PCs that list of exclusives will shrink by a fair margin over time. Also remember the PC will do it better if you want it to.

I wasn't doing a list war. The TC asked why I feel console gaming is better and my answer was that the games I am interested in playing are only playable on a console.