By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console gamers, why do you feel console gaming is better than PC?

d21lewis said:
I think of building a PC like building a car. Yeah, you could probably build the best car in the world from cobbled together parts but that would take a lot of effort, probably be more expensive, and the average person probably wouldn't know what to think when they saw your creation.

It's probably much easier to just go to the dealer and choose whatever model of Honda Civic tickles your fancy.

If a 17 year old can do it a 216 year old can do it - and probably much better

Around the Network

Aside of some of the reasons already mentioned, there’s one reason in particular no one mentions: distractions. A PC has better access and more fluid access at that to the internet than any console. And when you have access to so many distractions competing for your attention, it can be difficult to even start gaming on a PC I have found. You can say that’s not a weakness of the PC or that’s just a human weakness but then there it is; a human weakness. YouTube has won many a battle over games on my PC with me. Not to mention other things too hehehe ;).

The speed at which YouTube can be accessed is a huge thing too.

Lube Me Up

Nintendo exclusives and the near guarentee that a console version will run well from the start. In the case of nintendo, portability and phisical games are also a huge plus.

PC primarily, need performance.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
d21lewis said:
I think of building a PC like building a car. Yeah, you could probably build the best car in the world from cobbled together parts but that would take a lot of effort, probably be more expensive, and the average person probably wouldn't know what to think when they saw your creation.

It's probably much easier to just go to the dealer and choose whatever model of Honda Civic tickles your fancy.

What of if you just don't want to? I mean these days you don't even have to build a great gaming PC. You can pretty much just walk into a store or go on amazon and buy one.

Its still a PC though.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

What of if you just don't want to? I mean these days you don't even have to build a great gaming PC. You can pretty much just walk into a store or go on amazon and buy one.

Its still a PC though.

Then that is another great option to get into PC gaming! 

Because of the games.
The list of upcoming games that I am interested in playing is as follows:
Monster Hunter World
Final Fantasy Dissidia
Shadow of the Colossus
God of War
Red Dead Redemption 2
Detroit Become Human
Spiderman
Kingdom Hearts 3
Days Gone
The Last of Us 2
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Ghost of Tsushima
Death Stranding
Cyberpunk 2077

I think only 2 or 3 of those will be on PC.

The portability of the Switch is the only reason I've got left in favor of consoles. Due to it being Vetrans Day, yet my workplace still technically being open (so extremely slow workday), I just spent a couple hours on and off dicking around Peach's castle getting stars.

Never got the whole comfort argument, since I just plug a controller into my desktop, lean back in my chair, and game.

NawaiNey said:
Because of the games.
The list of upcoming games that I am interested in playing is as follows:
Monster Hunter World
Final Fantasy Dissidia
Shadow of the Colossus
God of War
Red Dead Redemption 2
Detroit Become Human
Spiderman
Kingdom Hearts 3
Days Gone
The Last of Us 2
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Ghost of Tsushima
Death Stranding
Cyberpunk 2077

I think only 2 or 3 of those will be on PC.

Yeah, pretty much this. Under half the games I buy every year are available on PC. 

The portability of the Switch is the only reason I've got left in favor of consoles. Due to it being Vetrans Day, yet my workplace still technically being open (so extremely slow workday), I just spent a couple hours on and off dicking around Peach's castle getting stars.

Never got the whole comfort argument, since I just plug a controller into my desktop, lean back in my chair, and game.