By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2017 - FINISH YOUR LISTS

mZuzek said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

34 Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
33 Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

34 is right, 33... I'm pretty sure previous 3D Zelda games had several towns, though alright maybe not cities per se (then again by that definition BotW has no cities I guess?). Nah, I'm talking a much bigger franchise.

There aren't many franchises that are much bigger than Zelda. The only game I can think of that sort of fits your description is Pokemon X/Y.

Around the Network

Cartoony islands

The first entry in this series that can't count to 3

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Mnementh said:

game #30

Hint 1: Play the rebel army. Not one rebel, the rebel army.

game #27

Hint 1: This mash-up between two franchises let's you single-handedly defeat hordes of enemies, while for some big monsters you may need the help of certain items.

27 is Hyrule Warriors
30 sounds like a Star Wars strategy game, but I think there were several.

#27 is correct, Hyrule Warriors. #30 is no Star Wars game.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Here is another clue to my #33 game.

1) an open world Marvel super hero game on PS2.
2) This game really got the hero's mobility just right in a way that no previous game had.

Spiderman?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

mZuzek said:

Flilix said:

There aren't many franchises that are much bigger than Zelda. The only game I can think of that sort of fits your description is Pokemon X/Y.

Okay. I'll admit I'm not entirely sure that it's the only 3D game in this franchise to feature several cities, because I haven't played them all and might be forgetting some - I'm 98% certain it is, though. Everyone here is quite on the wrong path though, so I'll just say this game wasn't ever on any Nintendo cconsole.

Is it a GTA game? 

Slarvax said:
Mnementh said:

game #34

Hint 1: Lost on a ship.

Hint 2: In this game return two characters from the first game in the series as playable characters.

Hint 3: The two characters I talked about end up actually on different ships.

Hint 4: There is a third, sunken ship.

Hint 5: Shoot your way through the enemies in single-player with an AI-partner or in two-player online coop.

34 is RE Revelations, and I think 35 is Civilization, but I honestly dont know

As Slarvax guessed, this game is Resident Evil Revelations.

This game combined a pretty good shooter with a scary atmosphere and puzzles, so basically it did right what many games in the series fail to do. And if done right, Resident Evil is a great game.

In many regards the game is a move more towards the original Resident Evil, while not exactly the same and having newer controls and mechanics. it is especially a back to the roots regarding the scares and building up a dark atmosphere. Which worked all very well.

The game introduced an online coop-mode. Two people together go through the levels with enemies much stronger than in single player.

I played through it on my 3DS and played later a bit on WiiU in HD. But the HD version released on a lot of other consoles too, so it can be played nearly anywhere. Switch just got it's port of the game.

There was a follow-up-game (Revelations 2) which missed Nintendo-consoles but now also released on Switch.

Wikipedia, MobyGames, OGDB, IGDB

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Mnementh said:

Samus Aran can't crawl in Metroid, but I'm not aware in which game she CAN crawl.

Well, there you go. This is a Metroid game where Samus can crawl... it's right there!

Zero Mission I believe.

mZuzek said:
Flilix said:

Is it a GTA game? 

Maybe.

GTA San Andreas I guess? I don't play GTA, but I know that that one isn't based on a specific city.

mZuzek said:
Slarvax said:

#34 - Cartoony islands
#35 - The first entry in this series that can't count to 3

Wind Waker and Half-Life?

34 could be Phantom Hourglass too I guess (probably fits the hint more), but that game shouldn't be in any top 50.

Right on both.

And Phantom Hourglass is a fantastic game. With horrible, horrible controls

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

game #32

Hint 1: Why does the earth rumble?

Hint 2: I make a hat out of my defeated enemies!

Hint 3: The city at the edge of the desert is replaced by a port town in the remake.

Hint 4: Something Devilish can turn up unexpectedly in other battles.

Hint 5: Cha-Cha or Kayamba?

Hunt 6!

Hint 7: The franchise for this games makes people on the internet angry each time it switches the platform. With this game it switched with the original AND the remake to Nintendo.

Hint 8: Really? No one got it yet? Well in this series you go on a hunt and meet Monsters.

game #31

Hint 1: Each hour think about what you've achieved.

Hint 2: Can your current job lead you to discover the events that lead to your removal from police service a few years ago?

game #30

Hint 1: Play the rebel army. Not one rebel, the rebel army.

Hint 2: No, not Star Wars.

Hint 3: Press everything out of your captured enemies - even personal stats.

game #29

Hint 1: Everything land or everything water, which is too much?

Hint 2: The wise tree leading you in this game is Birch.

game #28

Hint 1: The original game played in a Villa.

Hint 2: Do you want to pick locks or take more damage?

game #27

Hint 1: This mash-up between two franchises let's you single-handedly defeat hordes of enemies, while for some big monsters you may need the help of certain items.

Guessed correctly by LiquidLaser: Hyrule Warriors.

#34 Mortal Kombat

This is the first of three fighting games that appear on my list. Modern fighting games have four problems. Combos are too hard to learn. Combos deal too much damage. The publisher usually nickels and dimes you with rushed DLC characters. The character roster is usually so huge that there's bound to be one broken character. Luckily Mortal Kombat is easy to learn. Damage isn't too ridiculous outside of X-Ray setups. And best of all the game was released as a mostly complete game with only 4 DLC characters. Despite having 32 characters in the game, none of them are broken. Add in MK's unique and interesting cast with fatalities and you have a recipe for excellence. It's too bad that WB games switched to the boring old DC characters, and it's too bad that they nickel and dime their playerbase with rushed DLC characters. Oh well.