By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2017 - FINISH YOUR LISTS

Mnementh said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Hmmm...may or may not be worth it then.  I have to add that if you do play it, the included campaign is ok, but not the reason I loved the game.  Fans have made a bunch of adventures for this game though, and the best of these really blow away the included campaign, IMO.

Hmm, looking around it seems I can get custom campaigns from here. Any recommendations?

There should be a Hall of Fame button to the left side (the purple one).  Click on that and choose one that looks good to you that has both a high rating and lots of votes.  There are a lot of good adventures out there that fit the bill.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

My next few clues:

#33 An open world super hero game on the PS2.

#32 This NES game is not named after the main protagonist or the main antagonist, but it's named after a very tough type of enemy that appears near the end of the game.

#31 This PS2 RPG wowed people by introducing voice acting for the first time to the franchise.

#30 This is a game about normal people doing ordinary stuff, the first one.

30: The Sims?

I feel like I could and do know 32, but I don't know.

Correct!

Mnementh said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

My next few clues:

#33 An open world super hero game on the PS2.

#32 This NES game is not named after the main protagonist or the main antagonist, but it's named after a very tough type of enemy that appears near the end of the game.

#31 This PS2 RPG wowed people by introducing voice acting for the first time to the franchise.

#30 This is a game about normal people doing ordinary stuff, the first one.

#33: Viewtiful Joe?

#32: Is this Metroid?

#31: Final Fantasy X

#30: Out of ideas...

31 & 32 are correct!

33 is not right.  Perhaps I should clarify that this is an open world Marvel super hero game on PS2.

Crazy Taxi

• SEGA Dreamcast
  • Arcade Racing
  • SEGA AM3

Today, this may seem like kind of an unnecessary game, as there are sandbox games out there where the main premise of this is possible, besides many, many other things. However, like the saying goes, 'Crazy Taxi' is not a jack-of-all-trades, but a master of one.

The objective is simple, the player must pick up potential customers somewhere in the open world city, and transport them to where they want to go. During the trip however, it's vital to take the most crazy route possible, with fast driving, jumping over ramps, taking shortcuts and near-misses with other cars to ensure you get to a customer's requested destination in time and they tip you as much cash as possible. A very arcade-style game where high-score, in this case money, is the end goal. That makes sense though, considering it's a port of an arcade machine.

After a while, you really get to know the city and it's secret paths to all the destinations, and you get better and better at making money. This game was out during the time we'd sit around the television playing games as a family, and besides their being no real couch-multiplayer mode, playing the game in a hot-seat kind of way was almost unbeatable.

According to the title there are legends of a certain genre in this game.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 28 November 2017

mZuzek said:
S.Peelman said:

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.

Also, hello. I've had a hectic few days recently (and the next few are bound to be the same), so I couldn't find enough time/will to come in here and put the effort on writing stuff or whatever. Anyways, I'll catch up as much as I can bring myself to starting now - besides Mario Kart 8, which was #36 and I'm still yet to make a post on, these are the next hints:

#35 - This fighting game was notable for having a frustrating final boss who shot fireballs out of his... belly mouth.
#34 - Ocarina of Time Wannabe: The Game
#33 - The only 3D game in this huge franchise to feature several cities (a 2D entry had done it before).
#32 - In this game, _______ can crawl.

34 Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

33 Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Around the Network

game #32

Hint 1: Why does the earth rumble?

Hint 2: I make a hat out of my defeated enemies!

Hint 3: The city at the edge of the desert is replaced by a port town in the remake.

Hint 4: Something Devilish can turn up unexpectedly in other battles.

Hint 5: Cha-Cha or Kayamba?

Hunt 6!

Hint 7: The franchise for this games makes people on the internet angry each time it switches the platform. With this game it switched with the original AND the remake to Nintendo.

game #31

Hint1: Each hour think about what you've achieved.

game #30

Hint 1: Play the rebel army. Not one rebel, the rebel army.

game #29

Hint 1: Everything land or everything water, which is too much?

game #28

Hint 1: The original game played in a Villa.

game #27

Hint 1: This mash-up between two franchises let's you single-handedly defeat hordes of enemies, while for some big monsters you may need the help of certain items.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 29 November 2017

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

mZuzek said:
S.Peelman said:

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.

#32 - In this game, _______ can crawl.

Guitar Hero III is correct!

32 is Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

mZuzek said:
S.Peelman said:

No, but I think you might be on the right path. The game I'm talking about is the first game where this character could crawl, though the only reason he/she never could in his/her debut game was because the developers didn't want to program a crawling animation, creating one of this character's most iconic traits in the process.

Samus Aran can't crawl in Metroid, but I'm not aware in which game she CAN crawl.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

mZuzek said:
S.Peelman said:

No, but I think you might be on the right path. The game I'm talking about is the first game where this character could crawl, though the only reason he/she never could in his/her debut game was because the developers didn't want to program a crawling animation, creating one of this character's most iconic traits in the process.

Is this Metal Gear 2?

Mnementh said:

game #32

Hint 1: Why does the earth rumble?

Hint 2: I make a hat out of my defeated enemies!

Hint 3: The city at the edge of the desert is replaced by a port town in the remake.

Hint 4: Something Devilish can turn up unexpectedly in other battles.

Hint 5: Cha-Cha or Kayamba?

Hunt 6!

Hint 7: The franchise for this games makes people on the internet angry each time it switches the platform. With this game it switched with the original AND the remake to Nintendo.

game #31

Hint1: Each hour think about what you've achieved.

game #30

Hint 1: Play the rebel army. Not one rebel, the rebel army.

game #29

Hint 1: Everything land or everything water, which is too much?

game #28

Hint 1: The original game played in a Villa.

game #27

Hint 1: This mash-up between two franchises let's you single-handedly defeat hordes of enemies, while for some big monsters you may need the help of certain items.

27 is Hyrule Warriors
30 sounds like a Star Wars strategy game, but I think there were several.

Here is another clue to my #33 game.

1) an open world Marvel super hero game on PS2.
2) This game really got the hero's mobility just right in a way that no previous game had.