By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft pushing EXTREMELY HARD with marketing the one X

I really hope the X does good on sales. I'm not a Microsoft gamer nor do I plan to become one anytime soon but I worry that if the X does not sell well that maybe Sony won't be motivated to push the future PS5 way beyond what the X can do.
Making new gen systems is a heavy investment and companies like Sony need to see that people are interested. In this regard, the success of the Switch is dangerous cause it might make Sony think that there is no need to push for more powerful systems and if on top of that the X does not sell well then why bother making a powerful PS5?
Just change the hood of the PS4 Pro, make a couple tweaks here and there and call that the PS5.

Around the Network

What about Xbox one? They are forgetting Xbox one

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
What about Xbox one? They are forgetting Xbox one

Because Xbox One sales are so far behind the competition, I think the graphical hype of the One X is the only real competing selling point they have.

As an xbox brand MS needs X to revitalize their sales, But TBH i kinda dont want xbox one x to succeed, I m happy that pro isnt performing as well as the base model.. and super glad that switch is doing so well, Sony and MS should look into hybrid console as well, all the tech needed for a graphical fidelity of PS4 on a handheld is cheaply available, not to mention these handhelds can be adapted to VR as well.

taus90 said:
As an xbox brand MS needs X to revitalize their sales, But TBH i kinda dont want xbox one x to succeed, I m happy that pro isnt performing as well as the base model.. and super glad that switch is doing so well, Sony and MS should look into hybrid console as well, all the tech needed for a graphical fidelity of PS4 on a handheld is cheaply available, not to mention these handhelds can be adapted to VR as well.

That is what we need...more morons walking around starring down a some electronic device. Another object to further separate people from actually communicating in person. More isolation.

Around the Network
cmay227 said:
taus90 said:

That is what we need...more morons walking around starring down a some electronic device. Another object to further separate people from actually communicating in person. More isolation.

far better than staying in basement in one particular room glued to one particular screen.. Having a portable console doesnt mean that it is only meant to be used outside... for me its the convenience of playing games anywhere in the house, lunch breaks in office, long commutes. I just don't feel like like playing on my ps4 which is hooked to my PC monitor, after working many hours on a computer at my job.. but thank god for vita, i can play my ps4 anywhere in my house but i sorely miss on my long commutes. 

PS. Race for more power is turning out bad for developers and consumers, developing games is getting very expensive, and creating 4k assests is not helping anyone.. look at game sizes, and to recover cost publishers are putting more and more micro transaction.

You mean they cant force feeds upgrades like windows 10?

Mr Puggsly said:
Well its a reboot for the X1. Also, I'm predicting this is gonna be their cheap 9th gen solution.

I hope that’s not going to happen for longer than maybe for the first year or so. I know all that “we’re done with generations” talk but...The next gen CPUs will be on a whole different level and X1X won’t be able to match that nor will the PS4 Pro. I really hope that doesn’t happen since it would slow down progress way too much. Sony has already committed for keeping generations. I really hope MS doesn’t slow down development of things like physics and A.I. that way.

leo-j said: 

Will telling people that the one x is the most powerful platform for games affect the sales between PS4 and xbox one? 

Sony has been running that slogan for a whole year now. How much did it affect their sales?! And that was when they had a system 4 times as fast as the competition. Not 1.4 times, like MS is doing now.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 10 November 2017

It would be nice if it sold a lot. Perhaps then MS will bring VR to the X. The CPU might not be as capable as a PC yet ps4 pro and even base ps4 can still reach 120fps on some VR games, 90fps should be easy for the X.

I saw it advertised here on Space Channel, most powerful console ever, beating the average gaming PC. 4K blu-ray, 3 generation of XBox games, enhanced old games and other features. However they didn't talk about any specific games. It seems to be mostly marketed as an upgrade to existing users.

Errorist76 said: 
Mr Puggsly said:
Well its a reboot for the X1. Also, I'm predicting this is gonna be their cheap 9th gen solution.

I hope that’s not going to happen for longer than maybe for the first year or so. I know all that “we’re done with generations” talk but...The next gen CPUs will be on a whole different level and X1X won’t be able to match that nor will the PS4 Pro. I really hope that doesn’t happen since it would slow down progress way too much. Sony has already committed for keeping generations. I really hope MS doesn’t slow down development of things like physics and A.I. that way.

I've considered that, but how many games would that really affect? I mean we're half way into this gen and its not like we've seen many ambitious projects pushing physics or AI in a way that blows away last gen.

You may have a few examples where the bar was raised like Just Cause 3, but there isn't a lot. Shadow of Mordor's AI on last gen being a mess was not a CPU issue. I think they blamed RAM, I blame it being a bad port.

And as I've mentioned before, if GPU will likely be the focus again so they can truly deliver on 4K in the 9th gen. Maybe even 8K will be a focus! So CPU may not be a massive upgrade in comparison to GPU. But we will see.

Anywho, maybe there will be some exceptions that really struggle to run on X1X. But the average 9th gen game would likely run fine on X1X at 1080p, 1440p, or whatever.

It appears to me what made 360 and PS3 difficult to support in the long run was lack of GPU power and RAM.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)