By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One X Is Here, So Sony UK Just Announced A PS4 Pro Bundle For The Same Price

This is such a good collection, especially for people who gobble up any Playstation exclusives like cake. Personally I had to take a double check and realize that Horizon is the only really interesting game on the list. Still, wish that bundle was here in the U.S. I'd buy it if I didn't have a PS4 already

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
hudsoniscool said:
I find it funny that that people dig at ms or underplay what they are doing with backwards compatibility. Ya this bundle is cool and their exclusives are great. But what ms are doing with bc should be applauded loudly. They r doing things for free that others would charge you for. It's truely 'for the player' move. Go look at knights of the old republic and oblivion upgrades... free.

Like the wii U. That has full BC? Or the PS3 that had.. full BC.  Day one full BC. They had it, because they wanted to have it. Not two years later, because they were very much losing . Not very slowly adding them. Not having to download them.

Using old games to fill in the MASSIVE gigantic hole where NEW games should be - should not be applauded. It should be shamed, booed, and mocked.

The ones that are "charging" for it - are charging for it because it actually has new content or features to it.

Say what you will. I love backwards compatibility. And , at the same time, I have gone back and repurchased quite a few last gen games. Even my beloved Dragon's Dogma offered absolutely nothing that wasn't in the last gen version besides a resolution bump. Maybe additional dlc but for $60 when the last gen versions are going for much less, I don't consider them doing me any favors. I'd have been happy if it were backwards compatible. Last gen hasn't aged like the PS2/GameCube era and earlier, imo.

I don't consider myself a fanboy. I like all of the big three (Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony in that order) but you can find cases me criticising and praising all three. Give credit where it's due.

For example: Sony  doesn't allow us to use cloud storage without PS+. Either Sony is being greedy or Microsoft is being generous. The Xbox One wasn't built with backwards compatibly in mind. Neither were the Switch and PS4. Microsoft found a way to add it which is great. I have over a hundred digital bc games that work on my current hardware. Look at my sig. I play these games! 

Coming up short on the exclusive/first party offerings doesn't negate everything else they do right. I can give you a laundry list of great things about the Xbox brand.

Bandorr said:
KLAMarine said:

How do you know the motivation behind X1X's backwards compatibility?

I suspect if you look into it you'd find that BC is most requested when the console is coming out. To bring point A, and B together.  Like the PS2, 3, WIi U etc.

Waiting 2 yearsish to offer that feature misses that important time period.  To miss that important period of time they clearly weren't ready.  As if it was an afterthought.

2 years later, very slowly trickling the games in, some games that can never be added and others that won't be (due to the publisher).

Does that sound like something Microsoft put lots of thought and work into? Or something they threw together to staunch the bleeding.

If you want to show me a source that said they were actually planning it all along I will change my mind.

Hmm maybe because they named there console Xbox One.. not rocket science to understand it means All in One box. 

Only makes sense that the X1 was designed to be the ultimate Xbox including everything and merging there generations together.

Otherwise they would have went with a different name altogether.

Bandorr said:
d21lewis said:

Say what you will. I love backwards compatibility. And , at the same time, I have gone back and repurchased quite a few last gen games. Even my beloved Dragon's Dogma offered absolutely nothing that wasn't in the last gen version besides a resolution bump. Maybe additional dlc but for $60 when the last gen versions are going for much less, I don't consider them doing me any favors. I'd have been happy if it were backwards compatible. Last gen hasn't aged like the PS2/GameCube era and earlier, imo.

I don't consider myself a fanboy. I like all of the big three (Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony in that order) but you can find cases me criticising and praising all three. Give credit where it's due.

For example: Sony  doesn't allow us to use cloud storage without PS+. Either Sony is being greedy or Microsoft is being generous. The Xbox One wasn't built with backwards compatibly in mind. Neither were the Switch and PS4. Microsoft found a way to add it which is great. I have over a hundred digital bc games that work on my current hardware. Look at my sig. I play these games! 

Coming up short on the exclusive/first party offerings doesn't negate everything else they do right. I can give you a laundry list of great things about the Xbox brand.

When did they change the cloud storage rules? Before it was something like you could only use it once a day. Upload, or download. It is actually one of the reasons I got PS+. So I could upload or download 24/7.

I use BC on my wii U. Mario wii, Mario game party etc.  Maybe Donkey Kong Wii. It was day one BC, and full BC.

I won't ever get to play Kinect Sports 1 or 2 on the XBox 1. I'd love to see what the new kinect would do on older games like that.

I also doubt I will ever see Tales of Vesperia on the xbox 1.

The BC was slow (2015) and it is limited, and it is very slow. And I personally believe It wouldn't exist if the Xbox launch was more successful.

I also don't care for PS NOW though.  My internet sucks and I could never stream it properly. I'd lag a ton.  Infact I don't actually know much about PS now.

So I'm not applauding that either.

New games matter to me.  When it feels like there is few new games, and more focus is being spent on old games - That feels like a mistake.

Right then and there its become obvious youve never played a BC game on Xbox One.

And it not being there on day one doesnt change the fact that available now for everyone to enjoy

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Bandorr said:
d21lewis said:

When did they change the cloud storage rules? Before it was something like you could only use it once a day. Upload, or download. It is actually one of the reasons I got PS+. So I could upload or download 24/7.

I use BC on my wii U. Mario wii, Mario game party etc.  Maybe Donkey Kong Wii. It was day one BC, and full BC.

I won't ever get to play Kinect Sports 1 or 2 on the XBox 1. I'd love to see what the new kinect would do on older games like that.

I also doubt I will ever see Tales of Vesperia on the xbox 1.

The BC was slow (2015) and it is limited, and it is very slow. And I personally believe It wouldn't exist if the Xbox launch was more successful.

I also don't care for PS NOW though.  My internet sucks and I could never stream it properly. I'd lag a ton.  Infact I don't actually know much about PS now.

So I'm not applauding that either.

New games matter to me.  When it feels like there is few new games, and more focus is being spent on old games - That feels like a mistake.

I appreciate your respectful reply. I always brace myself for battle whenever I quote someone!

Not sure when/if they changed the cloud rules.  I have two PS4s and sometimes I start a game on one console and continue it on the other. When I had PS+, I had to download the saves myself. They uploaded once a day but not anymore. Now, I have to decide which games I'll play in the living room (mostly kid stuff like Crash and LBP3) and which games I'm going to play in the game room. If there's a way to transfer saves between consoles, I don't know it. Tempted to get ps+ again solely for the cloud saves!

And yeah, new games matter to me as well but I'm mostly about building A HUGE library and just playing whatever I'm in the mood for. Sometimes it's the newest graphical spectacle. Sometimes, it's Peggle with my wife or Jak and Daxter.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Wonder if they should have removed something and gone cheaper.
Or built a 1 through 5 saying.
One console, two horizon, 4k, 5 games etc.

Don't know what three should be.

FIVE GAME5, DYNAMIC 4k, TRIPLE3 DECKER CONSOLE, TWO HORI2ONZ, ONLY 1 PLACE TO PLAY.  

PLAYSTATION. THIS IS 4 THE PLAYERS.

Bandorr said:
flashfire926 said:

Right then and there its become obvious youve never played a BC game on Xbox One.

And it not being there on day one doesnt change the fact that available now for everyone to enjoy

The games aren't slow, the games coming OUT is slow.  They are being released very slowly.

Although that said,  no I haven't played one on my  XB1. When I got alan wake with Quantum break - I give Alan wake to a friend.

I already played Alan wake on my Xbox 360. I wanted to play the new game.

oh, I misunderstood there. Fair enough.

However, I wont put the the blame on microsoft for BC being "limited"(400 and counting isnt that limited, imo). The publisher/developer also has to allow it, and many games have liscensed music where the liscences have expired, so it would be next to impossible to get many of those games back.

Nintendo doesnt resell the BC games on their eShop, which Xbox does with its marketplace, so Ninty has to deal with less of the issues from the start.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I was trying to make the point that bc is a great feature and shouldn't be spun in any way. Anyway that pro bundle is great. Will play horizon/dlc and uncharted 4/expansion(?) when I buy a PS4 in the future. I think while the bundle doesn't make sense because it could be put together in a Amazon cart for less it is insanely smart to highlight what you could get for the same price. Think they should have the uncharted collection, 4, and the last of us in there too... that would be kinda crazy.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Bandorr said:
flashfire926 said:

oh, I misunderstood there. Fair enough.

However, I wont put the the blame on microsoft for BC being "limited"(400 and counting isnt that limited, imo). The publisher/developer also has to allow it, and many games have liscensed music where the liscences have expired, so it would be next to impossible to get many of those games back.

Nintendo doesnt resell the BC games on their eShop, which Xbox does with its marketplace, so Ninty has to deal with less of the issues from the start.

No no you are right. It isn't really their fault. I doubt we will ever see Tales of Vesperia. Bandai I'm sure would put an instant no on that.

But I can't be happy with that either though. That is why it feels more of a "stop gap" moment than well thought out.  Like "this is the best we got" as opposed to a well thought out plan. No kinect games, having to rely on publishers etc.

IF the XB1 still had the game output and diversity of the XB360 AND BC that would be fantastic.  It doesn't though. And It "feels" like more weight is being given to BC instead new ones.

Yeah, I agree on the fact that they are leaning back on BC a bit too much, and there output needs to get better for this gen.

But BC was well thought out. 99% of the games are well emulated, with no issues the base Xbox 360 game didnt already have. Uncapped games have a slightly better frame-rate, and capped games do a better job of remaining on the target framerate. There is clear effort and thought put into this.

Well, for better or for worse, MS has ditched Kinect, and most likely dont think the investment would be worth it. Not much else I could say I about that.

Bet with Intrinsic:

Bandorr said:
d21lewis said:

I appreciate your respectful reply. I always brace myself for battle whenever I quote someone!

Not sure when/if they changed the cloud rules.  I have two PS4s and sometimes I start a game on one console and continue it on the other. When I had PS+, I had to download the saves myself. They uploaded once a day but not anymore. Now, I have to decide which games I'll play in the living room (mostly kid stuff like Crash and LBP3) and which games I'm going to play in the game room. If there's a way to transfer saves between consoles, I don't know it. Tempted to get ps+ again solely for the cloud saves!

And yeah, new games matter to me as well but I'm mostly about building A HUGE library and just playing whatever I'm in the mood for. Sometimes it's the newest graphical spectacle. Sometimes, it's Peggle with my wife or Jak and Daxter.

I try not to go to battle with people. Anyone that I tend to "battle" with I have just started ignoring. You will notice there is a certain someone I haven't responded to.  They are very high on my "never read, never reply" list.

I have one PS4 hooked up to my TV, and one close to my router so I could go wired.  Wired it for online stuff where I need a good connection all the time.

So PS+ is important there. Upload and download saves whenever.  So XB allowing that "free of charge" is absolutely a perk.

Having a 4k drive is also a perk. I just wasn't talking about those perks.

BC is great and all, but it isn't enough to tilt the scales imo.  It is the side item.

The wii U had the perfect BC.  It lacked in third party.

PS4 has crappy BC , but it has exclusives and third party nailed.

XB1 is right in that middle. The BC is better and more specific. They also are getting a lot of the third party games. The issue is with other games are lacking.

So none of the systems are perfect.  None of them I chose for BC though.

No argument here. My current favorite console is the Switch. No backwards, comp. No 4K. No HDR. At the end of the day, it's games (and maybe that portability factor. I can't lie...). And if I were totally honest, if I were suggesting a console to a new owner, the Xbone would probably be at the bottom of the list--even though I play it a crazy amount of time. 

Anyway, enjoyed talking with you. Until we cross paths, again. Take care.