Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One X Is Here, So Sony UK Just Announced A PS4 Pro Bundle For The Same Price

Barkley said:
If they'd wacked Ratchet in as well would have been a really good bundle.

As it stands you're paying £100 more for 3 additional games, which is... ok.

The lost legacy is a stand alone game though.... you don't have to have Uncharted 4 to play it. so thats 4 additional games.

Barkley said:

Yeah it's a BS bundle by game anyway. You can get the exact same thing cheaper buying separate.

PS4 Pro + GTS - £340

Horizon Complete - £36

Wipeout Omega - £25

Uncharted Lost Legacy - £25

Total - £426.   So £24 cheaper.

Of course you can get it for less, especially if you get used of everything. The point of stuff like this though is how it looks. If you don't have either console and you go into a store, on one hand you can spend that money and walk out with one console.... on the other you can spend it and walk out with a console and a few games.

So its simple, its challenging you to think about what you wanna do with your 450 quid.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
hudsoniscool said:
I find it funny that that people dig at ms or underplay what they are doing with backwards compatibility. Ya this bundle is cool and their exclusives are great. But what ms are doing with bc should be applauded loudly. They r doing things for free that others would charge you for. It's truely 'for the player' move. Go look at knights of the old republic and oblivion upgrades... free.

Like the wii U. That has full BC? Or the PS3 that had.. full BC.  Day one full BC. They had it, because they wanted to have it. Not two years later, because they were very much losing . Not very slowly adding them. Not having to download them.

Using old games to fill in the MASSIVE gigantic hole where NEW games should be - should not be applauded. It should be shamed, booed, and mocked.

The ones that are "charging" for it - are charging for it because it actually has new content or features to it.

How do you know the motivation behind X1X's backwards compatibility?

hudsoniscool said:
I find it funny that that people dig at ms or underplay what they are doing with backwards compatibility. Ya this bundle is cool and their exclusives are great. But what ms are doing with bc should be applauded loudly. They r doing things for free that others would charge you for. It's truely 'for the player' move. Go look at knights of the old republic and oblivion upgrades... free.

BC is BC though... its either "free" or its  paid for... in which case its no longer BC it becomes a remaster.

and I don't know about this downplaying thing or what kinda applaud you are expecting us to give MS.

BC is a nice feature to have, but what good has it done MS in the grand scheme of things?

KLAMarine said:
Bandorr said:

Like the wii U. That has full BC? Or the PS3 that had.. full BC.  Day one full BC. They had it, because they wanted to have it. Not two years later, because they were very much losing . Not very slowly adding them. Not having to download them.

Using old games to fill in the MASSIVE gigantic hole where NEW games should be - should not be applauded. It should be shamed, booed, and mocked.

The ones that are "charging" for it - are charging for it because it actually has new content or features to it.

I suspect if you look into it you'd find that BC is most requested when the console is coming out. To bring point A, and B together.  Like the PS2, 3, WIi U etc.

Waiting 2 yearsish to offer that feature misses that important time period.  To miss that important period of time they clearly weren't ready.  As if it was an afterthought.

2 years later, very slowly trickling the games in, some games that can never be added and others that won't be (due to the publisher).

Does that sound like something Microsoft put lots of thought and work into? Or something they threw together to staunch the bleeding.

If you want to show me a source that said they were actually planning it all along I will change my mind.

Last edited by Bandorr - on 08 November 2017

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Bandorr said:
KLAMarine said:

I suspect if you look into you'd find that BC is most requested when the console is coming out. To bring point A, and B together.  Like the PS2, 3, WIi U etc.

Waiting 2 yearsish to offer that feature misses that important time period.  To miss that important period of time they clearly weren't ready.  As if it was an afterthought.

2 years later, very slowly trickling the games in, some games that can never be added and others that won't be (due to the publisher).

Does that sound like something Microsoft put lots of thought and work into? Or something they threw together to staunch the bleeding.

If you want to show me a source that said they were actually planning it all along I will change my mind.

I didn't comment on Microsoft's motivation at all nor do I intend to. I have no clue why Microsoft is implementing BC. It could be to, as you put it, "fill in the MASSIVE gigantic hole where NEW games should be" or it could be to increase the appeal of XBox: multiple platforms, one box.

People will no longer have to swap boxes when they want to play an older game. Convenience is a selling point.

Microsoft doesn't have to do BC: X1 gets plenty of multiplats which tend to be the biggest sellers but they're doing it anyways. For free might I add.

I find this praiseworthy.

Around the Network

Sony can't get first party right either lol, although they do get a free pass because third parties are so good at covering their lack of first party titles.

Anyway, shots fired. Can't tell if Microsoft humbled up and is doing things "for da playaz" or just saving face. Sony are being a holes though, they want to compete even when they're winning by a wide margin.

This is such a good collection, especially for people who gobble up any Playstation exclusives like cake. Personally I had to take a double check and realize that Horizon is the only really interesting game on the list. Still, wish that bundle was here in the U.S. I'd buy it if I didn't have a PS4 already

SMT fans are the worst 

Bandorr said:
hudsoniscool said:

Say what you will. I love backwards compatibility. And , at the same time, I have gone back and repurchased quite a few last gen games. Even my beloved Dragon's Dogma offered absolutely nothing that wasn't in the last gen version besides a resolution bump. Maybe additional dlc but for $60 when the last gen versions are going for much less, I don't consider them doing me any favors. I'd have been happy if it were backwards compatible. Last gen hasn't aged like the PS2/GameCube era and earlier, imo.

I don't consider myself a fanboy. I like all of the big three (Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony in that order) but you can find cases me criticising and praising all three. Give credit where it's due.

For example: Sony  doesn't allow us to use cloud storage without PS+. Either Sony is being greedy or Microsoft is being generous. The Xbox One wasn't built with backwards compatibly in mind. Neither were the Switch and PS4. Microsoft found a way to add it which is great. I have over a hundred digital bc games that work on my current hardware. Look at my sig. I play these games! 

Coming up short on the exclusive/first party offerings doesn't negate everything else they do right. I can give you a laundry list of great things about the Xbox brand.

mZuzek loves Starfox Adventures

d21lewis said:
Bandorr said:

Say what you will. I love backwards compatibility. And , at the same time, I have gone back and repurchased quite a few last gen games. Even my beloved Dragon's Dogma offered absolutely nothing that wasn't in the last gen version besides a resolution bump. Maybe additional dlc but for $60 when the last gen versions are going for much less, I don't consider them doing me any favors. I'd have been happy if it were backwards compatible. Last gen hasn't aged like the PS2/GameCube era and earlier, imo.

I don't consider myself a fanboy. I like all of the big three (Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony in that order) but you can find cases me criticising and praising all three. Give credit where it's due.

For example: Sony  doesn't allow us to use cloud storage without PS+. Either Sony is being greedy or Microsoft is being generous. The Xbox One wasn't built with backwards compatibly in mind. Neither were the Switch and PS4. Microsoft found a way to add it which is great. I have over a hundred digital bc games that work on my current hardware. Look at my sig. I play these games! 

Coming up short on the exclusive/first party offerings doesn't negate everything else they do right. I can give you a laundry list of great things about the Xbox brand.

When did they change the cloud storage rules? Before it was something like you could only use it once a day. Upload, or download. It is actually one of the reasons I got PS+. So I could upload or download 24/7.

I use BC on my wii U. Mario wii, Mario game party etc.  Maybe Donkey Kong Wii. It was day one BC, and full BC.

I won't ever get to play Kinect Sports 1 or 2 on the XBox 1. I'd love to see what the new kinect would do on older games like that.

I also doubt I will ever see Tales of Vesperia on the xbox 1.

The BC was slow (2015) and it is limited, and it is very slow. And I personally believe It wouldn't exist if the Xbox launch was more successful.

I also don't care for PS NOW though.  My internet sucks and I could never stream it properly. I'd lag a ton.  Infact I don't actually know much about PS now.

So I'm not applauding that either.

New games matter to me.  When it feels like there is few new games, and more focus is being spent on old games - That feels like a mistake.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Bandorr said:
KLAMarine said:

I suspect if you look into it you'd find that BC is most requested when the console is coming out. To bring point A, and B together.  Like the PS2, 3, WIi U etc.

Hmm maybe because they named there console Xbox One.. not rocket science to understand it means All in One box. 

Only makes sense that the X1 was designed to be the ultimate Xbox including everything and merging there generations together.

Otherwise they would have went with a different name altogether.