By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One X Is Here, So Sony UK Just Announced A PS4 Pro Bundle For The Same Price

That’s a pretty great bundle lol

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
flashfire926 said:

Well, there infact, are a lot of games that can only be played on xbone (its just that many of them are either obscure/uremarkable)

In relation to PS4 though? The last metric I've seen is that the PS4 has nearly, but not exactly, double the exclusive software when including every game under the sun. 

Honestly though, I was just making a lighthearted joke  

Youre right, in relation PS4  the Xbone library looks pathetic. Its a huge shame, cause by itself Xbone does have some great gems. Namely Sunset Overdrive, Ori, Cuphead, and Forza Horizon. But yeah, PS4 just crushes it.

People would call exclusive output good for PS4 and bad for Xbone, but for me its through the roof for Sony and just average for Xbox (which is not good enough, looking at their competitors)

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Seventizz said:

If only a significant percentage of these 'exclusive' fans actually bought said exclusives.  You'd have a much better argument if they did.

What are you talking about?

Exclusives don't sell in big numbers compared to multiplats so continually using that argument is moot to your average gamer.

Seventizz said:

Exclusives don't sell in big numbers compared to multiplats so continually using that argument is moot to your average gamer.

I didn't use "that argument". You said that the X1X plays "many games unavailable on competing consoles", and I made a lighthearted joke saying don't be too hyperbolic. Then Flashfire talked about the amount of exclusives X1 had after seeing me reference your comment. Nowhere did I say having more exclusives was more valuable, or that they were valuable to the consumers, which would be required in order for me to be using "that argument", otherwise your point wouldn't make sense. The 2nd discussion with flashfire was purely numbers, nothing to do with relevance or importance.

Nice bundle. They had to counter the release of the x in some way

Around the Network
exclusive_console said:
Pemalite said:

Exclusive games only matter to those who are interested in said games.

With that... Exclusives do matter to the overall brand, Microsoft is severely lacking in that regard and it may impact the Xbox One X's legs.

I would definitely choose games than more pixels. To each his own.

Most people would. It is a good thing the Xbox still gets games.
It just hardly has any exclusives, which is okay if you don't give a crap about them... And some people don't.

I mean... I didn't care for Uncharted, Gears of War or Mario Kart for instance, so would never buy those consoles for those games... But I would buy them for a multi-platform like Battlefield.

Seventizz said:

Yet my X1X plays many games unavailable on competing consoles.  PUBG (exclusive for now), Sea of Thieves, Cuphead, Titanfall 1 (a much better game than 2 imo), and Halo 5 off the top of my head.  Not to mention a plethora of BC titles spanning 2 previous consoles.  Mind you, not everything is getting upgrades, but enough of my library is so I'm happy with my purchase.  Not to mention the best controller in gaming history (again, imo).

* PUBG is on PC, probably end up on Playstation later.

* Sea of Thieves isn't out yet.

* Cuphead I will give you, but it's not a graphics powerhouse. Also on PC.

* Titanfall 1 is old, archaic... And if I am to be honest... A very ugly game as it's based around the venerable Source engine. The population is probably dead by now.

* Halo 5 is also a few years old at this point, was not as great as prior games in the franchise like Halo 3 IMHO... I tried to play a Warzone match the other day, population seems dead in Oceania.

Backwards compatibility is a good selling point if you have allot of titles from prior Xbox platforms (I do) and you care for such a scheme. (Not everyone does... And that is okay.)

Xbox One X's improved graphics for older titles is good, however... If you were to take say... Oblivion, Assassins Creed  or any other older game... The PC was running those games better on release, still great if you have a games library from those generations and aren't a PC gamer though..
I just find it hilarious that it's apparently some kind of new revelation that older games can look better. Haha

Best Controller? You know what. Outside of the Keyboard and Mouse, I agree.
I have always preferred the Asymmetrical analogue sticks... Microsoft has had the better controller starting with the 360 IMHO.
I also like the fact that they have retained AA battery compatibility.

In relation to PS4 though? The last metric I've seen is that the PS4 has nearly, but not exactly, double the exclusive software when including every game under the sun. 

Well. It does share over 1,000+ games with the Xbox One at last count I think.
Shares a ton with the PC too.
Something like over 90% of the games library on the Xbox One/Playstation 4 are shared with each other and other platforms, that's the reality of the industry today as developers/publishers try to push their games to as large of an Audience as possible.

I mean... It's great to claim you have a ton of exclusives but... The reality is. Majority are multi-platforms regardless if it's Xbox One or Playstation 4 or PC.

I think what Microsoft is attempting to do though is leverage the 6th and 7th gen library's to make it's game situation seem more favorable to the competition, some people are obviously going to lap it up especially if they get the Resolution, Framerate and Anisotropic filtering boost on the Xbox One X.

Seventizz said:

Exclusives can sell like gangbusters though.

Halo 3 was an exclusive and sold over 14+ million copies on the 360.
Pokemon Red/Green/Blue sold over 30+ million copies on the Gameboy.
Grand Turismo sold an obscene amount on the Playstation 2 as well if I recall.
League of Legends has enough Gamers to start a nation.

Microsoft needs exclusives.
But not only does it need exclusives... It needs exclusives that make people *want* to buy into the platform.

It also needs exclusives that push the console to it's limits and shows off what the Xbox One X's hardware can do, games like Cuphead, PubG, Sea of Thieves and Crackdown are not the games that will do that.

I am interested to see if Microsoft will counter the PS4 Pro bundle by leveraging the Xbox One S at a lower price, the Xbox One X is selling on it's power merits for the foreseeable future, so they have that to bolster average selling prices of the hardware division.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 09 November 2017

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Kuksenkov said:
Sony can't get first party right either lol, although they do get a free pass because third parties are so good at covering their lack of first party titles.

Anyway, shots fired. Can't tell if Microsoft humbled up and is doing things "for da playaz" or just saving face. Sony are being a holes though, they want to compete even when they're winning by a wide margin.

I do appreciate their 1st party games so no idea what you are talking about.

Azzanation said:
Bandorr said:

I suspect if you look into it you'd find that BC is most requested when the console is coming out. To bring point A, and B together.  Like the PS2, 3, WIi U etc.

Waiting 2 yearsish to offer that feature misses that important time period.  To miss that important period of time they clearly weren't ready.  As if it was an afterthought.

2 years later, very slowly trickling the games in, some games that can never be added and others that won't be (due to the publisher).

Does that sound like something Microsoft put lots of thought and work into? Or something they threw together to staunch the bleeding.

If you want to show me a source that said they were actually planning it all along I will change my mind.

Hmm maybe because they named there console Xbox One.. not rocket science to understand it means All in One box. 

Only makes sense that the X1 was designed to be the ultimate Xbox including everything and merging there generations together.

Otherwise they would have went with a different name altogether.

So the X360 means it tried to change everything and came back to the same place? a 360º spin.

flashfire926 said:
Bandorr said:

The games aren't slow, the games coming OUT is slow.  They are being released very slowly.

Although that said,  no I haven't played one on my  XB1. When I got alan wake with Quantum break - I give Alan wake to a friend.

I already played Alan wake on my Xbox 360. I wanted to play the new game.

oh, I misunderstood there. Fair enough.

However, I wont put the the blame on microsoft for BC being "limited"(400 and counting isnt that limited, imo). The publisher/developer also has to allow it, and many games have liscensed music where the liscences have expired, so it would be next to impossible to get many of those games back.

Nintendo doesnt resell the BC games on their eShop, which Xbox does with its marketplace, so Ninty has to deal with less of the issues from the start.

That's mainly because it isn't really BC, it is a well done and workload patching/remastering. And as that it is basically a new release and for that they depend on licenses and permissions... if X1X came with HW BC or even SW BC all games would be BC instantly and of course the improvements would be smaller.

Pemalite said:
Radek said:

I can't believe what I see... Suddenly 1800p to 4K 30 fps for $500 is so amazing that it doesn't need exclusive games.

Lord have mercy.

We all choose what we want though, I must look past this and focus on myself.

Exclusive games only matter to those who are interested in said games.

With that... Exclusives do matter to the overall brand, Microsoft is severely lacking in that regard and it may impact the Xbox One X's legs.

Well the problem is that the guy prefers a console with 0 games (that he can buy the multiplats) instead of another very good consoles with 10 games for the same price and with performance being very similar. And by his own admission that would be basically based on a 30% power difference.

flashfire926 said:

Youre right, in relation PS4  the Xbone library looks pathetic. Its a huge shame, cause by itself Xbone does have some great gems. Namely Sunset Overdrive, Ori, Cuphead, and Forza Horizon. But yeah, PS4 just crushes it.

People would call exclusive output good for PS4 and bad for Xbone, but for me its through the roof for Sony and just average for Xbox (which is not good enough, looking at their competitors)

Yep, if you like MS games you can't say they are bad at exclusives (but it's because below average because Nintendo and Sony are much better), but since it's so reduced for some people their 1st party is almost useless.

Pemalite said:
exclusive_console said:

I would definitely choose games than more pixels. To each his own.

Most people would. It is a good thing the Xbox still gets games.
It just hardly has any exclusives, which is okay if you don't give a crap about them... And some people don't.

I mean... I didn't care for Uncharted, Gears of War or Mario Kart for instance, so would never buy those consoles for those games... But I would buy them for a multi-platform like Battlefield.

Seventizz said:

Yet my X1X plays many games unavailable on competing consoles.  PUBG (exclusive for now), Sea of Thieves, Cuphead, Titanfall 1 (a much better game than 2 imo), and Halo 5 off the top of my head.  Not to mention a plethora of BC titles spanning 2 previous consoles.  Mind you, not everything is getting upgrades, but enough of my library is so I'm happy with my purchase.  Not to mention the best controller in gaming history (again, imo).

* PUBG is on PC, probably end up on Playstation later.

* Sea of Thieves isn't out yet.

* Cuphead I will give you, but it's not a graphics powerhouse. Also on PC.

* Titanfall 1 is old, archaic... And if I am to be honest... A very ugly game as it's based around the venerable Source engine. The population is probably dead by now.

* Halo 5 is also a few years old at this point, was not as great as prior games in the franchise like Halo 3 IMHO... I tried to play a Warzone match the other day, population seems dead in Oceania.

Backwards compatibility is a good selling point if you have allot of titles from prior Xbox platforms (I do) and you care for such a scheme. (Not everyone does... And that is okay.)

Xbox One X's improved graphics for older titles is good, however... If you were to take say... Oblivion, Assassins Creed  or any other older game... The PC was running those games better on release, still great if you have a games library from those generations and aren't a PC gamer though..
I just find it hilarious that it's apparently some kind of new revelation that older games can look better. Haha

Best Controller? You know what. Outside of the Keyboard and Mouse, I agree.
I have always preferred the Asymmetrical analogue sticks... Microsoft has had the better controller starting with the 360 IMHO.
I also like the fact that they have retained AA battery compatibility.

Well. It does share over 1,000+ games with the Xbox One at last count I think.
Shares a ton with the PC too.
Something like over 90% of the games library on the Xbox One/Playstation 4 are shared with each other and other platforms, that's the reality of the industry today as developers/publishers try to push their games to as large of an Audience as possible.

I mean... It's great to claim you have a ton of exclusives but... The reality is. Majority are multi-platforms regardless if it's Xbox One or Playstation 4 or PC.

I think what Microsoft is attempting to do though is leverage the 6th and 7th gen library's to make it's game situation seem more favorable to the competition, some people are obviously going to lap it up especially if they get the Resolution, Framerate and Anisotropic filtering boost on the Xbox One X.

Seventizz said:

Exclusives can sell like gangbusters though.

Halo 3 was an exclusive and sold over 14+ million copies on the 360.
Pokemon Red/Green/Blue sold over 30+ million copies on the Gameboy.
Grand Turismo sold an obscene amount on the Playstation 2 as well if I recall.
League of Legends has enough Gamers to start a nation.

Microsoft needs exclusives.
But not only does it need exclusives... It needs exclusives that make people *want* to buy into the platform.

It also needs exclusives that push the console to it's limits and shows off what the Xbox One X's hardware can do, games like Cuphead, PubG, Sea of Thieves and Crackdown are not the games that will do that.

I am interested to see if Microsoft will counter the PS4 Pro bundle by leveraging the Xbox One S at a lower price, the Xbox One X is selling on it's power merits for the foreseeable future, so they have that to bolster average selling prices of the hardware division.

GT3 sold about 15M and GT4 12M on PS2... GT5 sold 12M on PS3... Uncharted averages at 10M each considering the collection. Several Nintendo exclusives sell north of 5M... so there are quite some exclusives that sell good. Of course one may not care about any of them.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Well people are saying price wise it’s not a good value so if they fix that, it’s a pretty sweet bundle. Though personally I would sell everything except Horizon. Which would make buying the bundle pointless.

For the same money you can get a xbone x without games or a ps4 pro with a bunch of great exclusives. Very hard decision...

I cannot see apart from hardcore xbox fans anyone getting excited about X honestly. Anyways time will tell if 500$ mid gen console was success or not. Hope somehow we get numbers. Even if it sells half of the original I will be really really surprised.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Well people are saying price wise it’s not a good value so if they fix that, it’s a pretty sweet bundle. Though personally I would sell everything except Horizon. Which would make buying the bundle pointless.

In UK racing games are popular.