By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One X Is Here, So Sony UK Just Announced A PS4 Pro Bundle For The Same Price

hschmitt said:
This is embarrassing, you really should get your facts right OP.
It's a Game.co.uk bundle not a Sony bundle

This is embarrassing.  You should get your facts right, alt. user ID.

It's an official Sony UK bundle that's being sold by Game.

Around the Network

I find it funny that that people dig at ms or underplay what they are doing with backwards compatibility. Ya this bundle is cool and their exclusives are great. But what ms are doing with bc should be applauded loudly. They r doing things for free that others would charge you for. It's truely 'for the player' move. Go look at knights of the old republic and oblivion upgrades... free.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Bristow9091 said:

DonFerrari said: 

Xbox family biggest launch lineup...

It was a joke lol

I know, I done the same

hudsoniscool said:
I find it funny that that people dig at ms or underplay what they are doing with backwards compatibility. Ya this bundle is cool and their exclusives are great. But what ms are doing with bc should be applauded loudly. They r doing things for free that others would charge you for. It's truely 'for the player' move. Go look at knights of the old republic and oblivion upgrades... free.

Errrr PS3 and PS2 had it for free and it didn't gain sales. When they took out BC from PS3 to make it cheaper it sold more, when they released PS4 without it the sales weren't impacted... MS is doing it for free to try and gain goodwill and sales, it's a good move, but it isn't out of pure heart.

And the jokes about the BC is because they aren't offering new games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Bandorr said:
hudsoniscool said:

Like the wii U. That has full BC? Or the PS3 that had.. full BC.  Day one full BC. They had it, because they wanted to have it. Not two years later, because they were very much losing . Not very slowly adding them. Not having to download them.

Using old games to fill in the MASSIVE gigantic hole where NEW games should be - should not be applauded. It should be shamed, booed, and mocked.

The ones that are "charging" for it - are charging for it because it actually has new content or features to it.

Not only does the Xbox do backwards compatibility but they enhance every tital on current hardware. As far as I can recall no other console does that. PS4 doesny do bc, and they charge u to play games you own through there psnow service something ms does not do. They didn't do it late because they where loosing and didn't want to do it earlier. It was very hard and expensive for them to get the games running and took years to get it done. Thy said from launch they wanted backwards compatibility.

if your going to shame them for adding a great feature because there first party is lacking you might as well shame them for everything else they do. The ease of external hard drives.... shame your games suck. All the work put into the UI and Xbox live... shame your games suck. The 4K blue ray player... shame ur games suck. It goes on  and on. Your telling me when they get something right they shouldn't be applauded because they are lacking in a different area? The opposite can go for Sony then. They get there first party right so all the stuff they do bad in gets a pass?

Edit. I'm going to go play some battlefront 2 through ea access. Shame that Sony said it has no value for there users. They get a pass though right?

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Except... It isn't just bc.

It also spans multiple generations....

These pictures are only 720p and it's a night and day difference... 4k in motion would be something else entirely.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
If they'd wacked Ratchet in as well would have been a really good bundle.

As it stands you're paying £100 more for 3 additional games, which is... ok.

The lost legacy is a stand alone game though.... you don't have to have Uncharted 4 to play it. so thats 4 additional games.

Barkley said:

Yeah it's a BS bundle by game anyway. You can get the exact same thing cheaper buying separate.

PS4 Pro + GTS - £340

Horizon Complete - £36

Wipeout Omega - £25

Uncharted Lost Legacy - £25

Total - £426.   So £24 cheaper.

Of course you can get it for less, especially if you get used of everything. The point of stuff like this though is how it looks. If you don't have either console and you go into a store, on one hand you can spend that money and walk out with one console.... on the other you can spend it and walk out with a console and a few games.

So its simple, its challenging you to think about what you wanna do with your 450 quid.

Bandorr said:
hudsoniscool said:

Like the wii U. That has full BC? Or the PS3 that had.. full BC.  Day one full BC. They had it, because they wanted to have it. Not two years later, because they were very much losing . Not very slowly adding them. Not having to download them.

Using old games to fill in the MASSIVE gigantic hole where NEW games should be - should not be applauded. It should be shamed, booed, and mocked.

The ones that are "charging" for it - are charging for it because it actually has new content or features to it.

How do you know the motivation behind X1X's backwards compatibility?

hudsoniscool said:

BC is BC though... its either "free" or its  paid for... in which case its no longer BC it becomes a remaster.

and I don't know about this downplaying thing or what kinda applaud you are expecting us to give MS.

BC is a nice feature to have, but what good has it done MS in the grand scheme of things?

Bandorr said:
KLAMarine said:

How do you know the motivation behind X1X's backwards compatibility?

I suspect if you look into you'd find that BC is most requested when the console is coming out. To bring point A, and B together.  Like the PS2, 3, WIi U etc.

Waiting 2 yearsish to offer that feature misses that important time period.  To miss that important period of time they clearly weren't ready.  As if it was an afterthought.

2 years later, very slowly trickling the games in, some games that can never be added and others that won't be (due to the publisher).

Does that sound like something Microsoft put lots of thought and work into? Or something they threw together to staunch the bleeding.

If you want to show me a source that said they were actually planning it all along I will change my mind.

I didn't comment on Microsoft's motivation at all nor do I intend to. I have no clue why Microsoft is implementing BC. It could be to, as you put it, "fill in the MASSIVE gigantic hole where NEW games should be" or it could be to increase the appeal of XBox: multiple platforms, one box.

People will no longer have to swap boxes when they want to play an older game. Convenience is a selling point.

Microsoft doesn't have to do BC: X1 gets plenty of multiplats which tend to be the biggest sellers but they're doing it anyways. For free might I add.

I find this praiseworthy.

Sony can't get first party right either lol, although they do get a free pass because third parties are so good at covering their lack of first party titles.

Anyway, shots fired. Can't tell if Microsoft humbled up and is doing things "for da playaz" or just saving face. Sony are being a holes though, they want to compete even when they're winning by a wide margin.