Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One X Is Here, So Sony UK Just Announced A PS4 Pro Bundle For The Same Price

Those clever bastards! Pulling the same trick Sega did when the Super NES launched!

mZuzek loves Starfox Adventures

Around the Network

Ohh interesting. Lets see if this will do any damage.

twintail said:
Bandorr said:
Wonder if they should have removed something and gone cheaper.
Or built a 1 through 5 saying.
One console, two horizon, 4k, 5 games etc.

Don't know what three should be.

thats not the point though. in fact its to highlight the price discrepancy btw the Pro and X.

I agree with the number thing, that would have been clever

I see that makes sense. A handful of something vs a handful of something else. A straight price comparison to show the difference. Clever.

d21lewis said:
Those clever bastards! Pulling the same trick Sega did when the Super NES launched!

And what was that trick? A genesis with a sonic 1-3 or something?

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)

If you shop around and buy everything separately you could get all this for cheaper, however, the point of this bundle is to show that for the price of an X1X on its own with no games, you can get a Pro with four games (Five if you want to count The Frozen Wilds as a separate game I suppose)... it's clever, and the fact that it's sold out means it's working, lol.

Bristow9091 said:
If you shop around and buy everything separately you could get all this for cheaper, however, the point of this bundle is to show that for the price of an X1X on its own with no games, you can get a Pro with four games (Five if you want to count The Frozen Wilds as a separate game I suppose)... it's clever, and the fact that it's sold out means it's working, lol.

And they could even have put one more game and still have great profit.

Let's have a BF bundle in USA with 10 exclusives that have been patched for Pro and cost less than 10USD used and make a PS4Pro X bundle. 10 games exclusive to PS4 all costing 10 bucks less than X1X.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Bristow9091 said:

Let's have a BF bundle in USA with 10 exclusives that have been patched for Pro and cost less than 10USD used and make a PS4Pro X bundle. 10 games exclusive to PS4 all costing 10 bucks less than X1X.

Holy moly, imagine if such a bundle actually existed, a PS4 Pro with TEN games for the same price or cheaper than a standalone X1X... I know which I'd buy! :P 

More software VS better hardware let the battle begin.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Bristow9091 said:
DonFerrari said:

Holy moly, imagine if such a bundle actually existed, a PS4 Pro with TEN games for the same price or cheaper than a standalone X1X... I know which I'd buy! :P 

And wouldn't be hard to make, even if just for bragging rights.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Qwark said:

I mean, it all comes down to one question; What good is hardware if you have no software to play on it :o 

Bristow9091 said:
Qwark said:

I mean, it all comes down to one question; What good is hardware if you have no software to play on it :o 

What about those xbox360 15 year old games that look so good on a brand new 4K beast of a console ???