By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SquareEnix about Switch support, to aggressively make games for Switch, wont rule out any IP..

shikamaru317 said:
Shaunodon said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-20-square-enix-is-trying-to-get-full-fat-final-fantasy-15-on-the-switch
It's fair to say FFXV is all but confirmed for Switch, even if it ends up a majorly gimped version.

As for KH3, it'd seem like madness for them not to put it on Switch, seeing as they're even making an Xbone version.
I also like the chances of a Kingdom Hearts collection finding it's way to Switch, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

By them working aggressively on middle-range games, I don't think it means they'll prioritise less on big games, that would logically have a good market on Switch.
It's more likely to be other big games like Deus Ex or Hitman, which they may not think is worth putting on Switch for now (I'd personally love both these games on Switch).

I agree that their AAA western exclusives won't see the light of day on Switch. Graphically demanding games like Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Hitman, and the upcoming Marvel games would take alot of extra effort to downgrade enough to run on Switch properly, and the sales likely wouldn't be enough to make it worth the time and effort. Their big Japanese series like KH and FF are definitely more likely, and I do personally believe we'll see FFXV and KH3 on Switch and possibly even a KH 1.5/2.5/2.8 collection and FF7 Remake after it's timed PS4 release.

But like Square said, most of their Switch effort will be on mid-range titles moving forward, they are less graphically demanding and therefore will take less work to get running on Switch. 

You do realise that Rise of Tomb Raider is running on Xbox 360 thats weaker than Switch!? They also said "Switch's core architecture similar to PS4/Xbox One. Some adjustment necessary, but multi-platform games not impossible".

They loud and clear said "we won't rule out any IPs", so you basicly dont have nothing to backup claims like "that their AAA western exclusives won't see the light of day on Switch", or that "the sales likely wouldn't be enough to make it worth the time and effort". Espacily when all reports we have until now most of 3rd party games are selling good on Switch. If Bethesda ported Doom and its porting Wolfenstein 2 I dont see why we couldnt see games like Deus Ex, Hitman and espacily Rise of Tomb Raider.

Also they didn't said that most of their Switch effort will be on mid-range titles, just they want to be more aggressive about mid-range games. Also funny how you act like they wrote only that part about mid-range titles, while you completly ignoring they wrote "When consider games for Switch), we won't rule out any IPs. Those include new ones, currently active ones, currently not-active ones." and "probably other platforms will get these too as part of multi, but we would aggressively make games for Switch".

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:
DonFerrari said:
So PS4 will have to prove itself to get those middle level games? Yep, all a conspiracy theory against Nintendo.

"Switch's one ideal platform to put middle-range games, which got tough to achieve business success."

In their words, seems PS4 has already proven that it's not a great place for middle-range games (I don't see NieR:Automata as one).
They at least gave it a fair go.

I'm quite sure if it was talking about Nintendo we would have rage... like 3 or 4 gens of games selling bad on Nintendo HW doesn't warranty any company to wait for Switch to prove itself to be able to sell 3rd party SW before committing... any middle range game SE launched on PS4 that failed that you would like to put? Because he didn't say PS4 or X1 isn't good for it, he said Switch IS IDEAL.

NintendoPie said:
DonFerrari said:
So PS4 will have to prove itself to get those middle level games? Yep, all a conspiracy theory against Nintendo.

It's only fair.

Yep. PS have proven record of middle range games failing, all those 100k sellers in Japan.

Miyamotoo said:
shikamaru317 said:

I agree that their AAA western exclusives won't see the light of day on Switch. Graphically demanding games like Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Hitman, and the upcoming Marvel games would take alot of extra effort to downgrade enough to run on Switch properly, and the sales likely wouldn't be enough to make it worth the time and effort. Their big Japanese series like KH and FF are definitely more likely, and I do personally believe we'll see FFXV and KH3 on Switch and possibly even a KH 1.5/2.5/2.8 collection and FF7 Remake after it's timed PS4 release.

But like Square said, most of their Switch effort will be on mid-range titles moving forward, they are less graphically demanding and therefore will take less work to get running on Switch. 

You do realise that Rise of Tomb Raider is running on Xbox 360 thats weaker than Switch!? They also said "Switch's core architecture similar to PS4/Xbox One. Some adjustment necessary, but multi-platform games not impossible".

They loud and clear said "we won't rule out any IPs", so you basicly dont have nothing to backup claims like "that their AAA western exclusives won't see the light of day on Switch", or that "the sales likely wouldn't be enough to make it worth the time and effort". Espacily when all reports we have until now most of 3rd party games are selling good on Switch. If Bethesda ported Doom and its porting Wolfenstein 2 I dont see why we couldnt see games like Deus Ex, Hitman and espacily Rise of Tomb Raider.

Also they didn't said that most of their Switch effort will be on mid-range titles, just they want to be more aggressive about mid-range games. Also funny how you act like they wrote only that part about mid-range titles, while you completly ignoring they wrote "When consider games for Switch), we won't rule out any IPs. Those include new ones, currently active ones, currently not-active ones." and "probably other platforms will get these too as part of multi, but we would aggressively make games for Switch".

So now can you help and shut all those guys that keep saying there is a conspiracy against Nintendo by all 3rd parties?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Miyamotoo said:
shikamaru317 said:

Denial, part of the human nature, probably.

34 years playing games.

DonFerrari said:
Miyamotoo said:

So now can you help and shut all those guys that keep saying there is a conspiracy against Nintendo by all 3rd parties?

Conspiracy!? :D

If we talk about 3rd parties, It's always about interest, nothing more and nothing less.

DonFerrari said:

If you have middle range productions it does make sense to support a platform where you don't have to compete with large scale productions.

The 3DS had techincal limitations, the WiiU didn't have the userbase. The switch on the other end...

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:

When I read the OP, I imagined a Square Enix executive screaming at his team all red in the face, while the game devs are just cursing at their computer screens and typing angrily as they put something together.

More games is good news though.

Laughing my ass off as I came in here to say just that!

Shaunodon said:
DonFerrari said:

"Switch's one ideal platform to put middle-range games, which got tough to achieve business success."

In their words, seems PS4 has already proven that it's not a great place for middle-range games (I don't see NieR:Automata as one).
They at least gave it a fair go.

I can't figure out if we should read that as "Switch IS one ideal platform" or "Switch IS THE one ideal platform," but I'm 90 percent certain it is the former.

Square Enix was the biggest 3rd party supporter of the 3DS so i don't know why would anyone have doubts about SE support for the Switch.
Hell, it's even more easy now, just port PS4 games with a slight downgrade and you're done.

roadkillers said:
Damn it, send quality games our way not shit rehashes.

Nier: Automata was one of their mid-range games.

Miyamotoo said:
DonFerrari said:

Conspiracy!? :D

If we talk about 3rd parties, It's always about interest, nothing more and nothing less.

Well people think there is a conspiracy to burn Nintendo to the ground and not support it... so with all the reports this week can we assume there is a conspiracy against MS and Sony because they are talking about supporting Switch and not X1 and PS4?

freebs2 said:
DonFerrari said:

If you have middle range productions it does make sense to support a platform where you don't have to compete with large scale productions.

The 3DS had techincal limitations, the WiiU didn't have the userbase. The switch on the other end...

Sure it makes sense to support Switch. If you have the genres or games that sell good on Switch and its userbase is enough or if you can port to there it's sensible to launch games on it...

But for some reason when companies doesn't launch games they don't think will bring money then they are all conspiracing against Nintendo.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."