By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SquareEnix about Switch support, to aggressively make games for Switch, wont rule out any IP..

shikamaru317 said:
So, they'll be more likely to release multiplats than exclusives on Switch, and more likely to release mid-range games (like Nier Automata and Star Ocean 5 in recent history) than high-end games (like FFXV and KH3).

Tabata already mentioned they're trying to convert FFXV to Unreal Engine 4, just to try and get a Switch version available.
KH3 is already on Unreal Engine 4, and they could probably downscale it for Switch without too much trouble.

"-(When consider games for Switch), we won't rule out any IPs. Those include new ones, currently active ones, currently not-active ones."

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:

When I read the OP, I imagined a Square Enix executive screaming at his team all red in the face, while the game devs are just cursing at their computer screens and typing angrily as they put something together.

More games is good news though.

Hah, i can just imagine in-reality they said it like "HELP, OUR DEVELOPERS ARE MAKING GAMES IN A VERY AGGRESSIVE MANNER, WE'RE ALL IN DANGER!!"

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Jumpin said:

Collaboration with Monolithsoft for Xenogears remake please. Let Tetsuya Takahashi have complete control.

This would be bloody fantastic.  Or even better...a sequel/prequel?

shikamaru317 said:
So, they'll be more likely to release multiplats than exclusives on Switch, and more likely to release mid-range games (like Nier Automata and Star Ocean 5 in recent history) than high-end games (like FFXV and KH3).

"(When consider games for Switch), we won't rule out any IPs. Those include new ones, currently active ones, currently not-active ones".

"Probably other platforms will get these too as part of multi, but we would aggressively make games for Switch"

So we will have high-end games also, but they see Switch like great opportunity for coming back of AA games, but that doesn't mean there will not be high-end AAA games.

shikamaru317 said:
Shaunodon said:

Tabata already mentioned they're trying to convert FFXV to Unreal Engine 4, just to try and get a Switch version available.
KH3 is already on Unreal Engine 4, and they could probably downscale it for Switch without too much trouble.

"-(When consider games for Switch), we won't rule out any IPs. Those include new ones, currently active ones, currently not-active ones."

I'm aware that both are possible for Switch, I'm just stating the mid-range games are more likely for Switch, because that's what Square said in the call

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-20-square-enix-is-trying-to-get-full-fat-final-fantasy-15-on-the-switch
It's fair to say FFXV is all but confirmed for Switch, even if it ends up a majorly gimped version.

As for KH3, it'd seem like madness for them not to put it on Switch, seeing as they're even making an Xbone version.
I also like the chances of a Kingdom Hearts collection finding it's way to Switch, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

By them working aggressively on middle-range games, I don't think it means they'll prioritise less on big games, that would logically have a good market on Switch.
It's more likely to be other big games like Deus Ex or Hitman, which they may not think is worth putting on Switch for now (I'd personally love both these games on Switch).

Around the Network

So PS4 will have to prove itself to get those middle level games? Yep, all a conspiracy theory against Nintendo.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'm not used to so much good news surrounding Nintendo. It's almost too much to take in. I really want to see what else they have in mind for the Big N. I think it's not even a question anymore that Final Fantasy VII Remake, Dragon Quest XI, and Kingdom Hearts 3 will be landing on the console sooner or later. But I wonder what new games in old IP they're thinking about. Chrono Trigger? The World Ends With You 2? Xenogears Remake? New 3D Mana game? 2018 should be one hell of a year, that's for sure.

DonFerrari said:
So PS4 will have to prove itself to get those middle level games? Yep, all a conspiracy theory against Nintendo.

"Switch's one ideal platform to put middle-range games, which got tough to achieve business success."

In their words, seems PS4 has already proven that it's not a great place for middle-range games (I don't see NieR:Automata as one).
They at least gave it a fair go.

-(When consider games for Switch), we won't rule out any IPs. Those include new ones, currently active ones, currently not-active ones.

soooo when is Chrono Trigger coming to Switch ?

DonFerrari said:

It's only fair.