By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SquareEnix about Switch support, to aggressively make games for Switch, wont rule out any IP..

Octopath Traveler looks great but I also want a Bravely Third, pleeeease.
Also, I wonder if they'll consider porting KH3 to the Switch.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

Yep. PS have proven record of middle range games failing, all those 100k sellers in Japan.

It's a conspiracy against Sony, then. The outrage.

I wonder if they will port any of the Kingdom Heart games. Those games sold well back on the DS and 3DS. So it is not like there is no audience for it. Anyway Square was one of the only companies that betted big with the Switch and they reaping the benefits right now.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

DonFerrari said:
Shaunodon said:

"Switch's one ideal platform to put middle-range games, which got tough to achieve business success."

In their words, seems PS4 has already proven that it's not a great place for middle-range games (I don't see NieR:Automata as one).
They at least gave it a fair go.

I'm quite sure if it was talking about Nintendo we would have rage... like 3 or 4 gens of games selling bad on Nintendo HW doesn't warranty any company to wait for Switch to prove itself to be able to sell 3rd party SW before committing... any middle range game SE launched on PS4 that failed that you would like to put? Because he didn't say PS4 or X1 isn't good for it, he said Switch IS IDEAL.

No one said anything about those games failing on PS4; I simply paraphrased their statement, of the games struggling to get a good profit on other systems, which would obviously include PS4.
If this means Switch gets a couple middle-range games exclusive to it, then you can understand why. I'd still expect most to be multi-plat.

Working aggressively to make Switch games. That wording just sounds funny for some reason. I'll welcome some games from SE though. If they're sprite based or s sort of chibi/cartoonish style, I'll welcome them

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

FF Tactics please

KH3 or FF ports would be nice too..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I hope there is still hope for FF15 and KH3

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

NintendoPie said:
DonFerrari said:

Yep. PS have proven record of middle range games failing, all those 100k sellers in Japan.

It's a conspiracy against Sony, then. The outrage.

I think we should boycott SE over it =]

Now on all seriousness, let's see what series they will revitalize due to Switch success.

Shaunodon said:
DonFerrari said:

I'm quite sure if it was talking about Nintendo we would have rage... like 3 or 4 gens of games selling bad on Nintendo HW doesn't warranty any company to wait for Switch to prove itself to be able to sell 3rd party SW before committing... any middle range game SE launched on PS4 that failed that you would like to put? Because he didn't say PS4 or X1 isn't good for it, he said Switch IS IDEAL.

No one said anything about those games failing on PS4; I simply paraphrased their statement, of the games struggling to get a good profit on other systems, which would obviously include PS4.
If this means Switch gets a couple middle-range games exclusive to it, then you can understand why. I'd still expect most to be multi-plat.

Nope, his phrase said the Switch is an Ideal platform... you were the one inferring that the others then weren't very good.

But back from joking before. Yep if some games would profit more being Switch exclusive than being Multiplat I certainly would understand they releasing only on it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Nintendo's putting the 'ay' in Double-A with the Switch.

DonFerrari said:
Shaunodon said:

Nope, his phrase said the Switch is an Ideal platform... you were the one inferring that the others then weren't very good.

But back from joking before. Yep if some games would profit more being Switch exclusive than being Multiplat I certainly would understand they releasing only on it.

Again, in their words, "which got tough to achieve business success".
If the other platforms were ideal, they wouldn't be struggling to profit from them.

Edit: Fixed link.