By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SquareEnix about Switch support, to aggressively make games for Switch, wont rule out any IP..

Takashi Mochizuki Retweeted Takashi Mochizuki

SquareEnix:

-(When consider games for Switch), we won't rule out any IPs. Those include new ones, currently active ones, currently not-active ones.

-Probably other platforms will get these too as part of multi, but we would aggressively make games for Switch

-Switch's one ideal platform to put middle-range games, which got tough to achieve business success. SquareEnix's good at making these games, so would work on these aggressively

-Think Switch's momentum is very strong

-Nintnedo doing great is great for us -Switch's positioning is unique vs PS4 & Xbox One

-Switch's core architecture similar to PS4/Xbox One. Some adjustment necessary, but multi-platform games not impossible

-Kept FY forecast unchanged because no big games planned between Oct-Mar. (Octopath, DQ11 Switch possibly after April?)

Takashi Mochizuki added,

Takashi Mochizuki ad

Around the Network

Switch's one ideal platform to put middle-range games, which got tough to achieve business success. Square Enix's good at making these games, so would work on these aggressively

This is the one area where Square Enix should try to get their act together again - on any and every platform. If they get this part right, then they get my money.

Octopath Traveller is a great step in the right direction in that regard (this is not because of my name)

Edit: italicized parts added 

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Damn it, send quality games our way not shit rehashes.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Your link just goes to his Twitter account, and not the specific Tweet.

VGPolyglot said:

Yes, on Twitter account, roll down and you will see specific Tweets.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
VGPolyglot said:

But when you're providing a source, you should show the specific Tweet(s)

Nice, I think their middle-range software is way more solid than the high-range games, so I'm really happy about that. Octopath Traveller looks really promising.

VGPolyglot said:
Miyamotoo said:

All those are collected from couple of Tweets, instead providing evre Tweet for evre single info, you have one link where you can find them all. ;)

Miyamotoo said:
VGPolyglot said:

All those are collected from couple of Tweets, instead providing evre Tweet for evre single info, you have one link where you can find them all. ;)

Yes, but VGC also embeds Tweets, so they'd all appear one after another in a more convenient fashion.

VGPolyglot said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yes, but VGC also embeds Tweets, so they'd all appear one after another in a more convenient fashion.

I really dont see problem, I provide one source where you have all those infos on single link, instead 5 links.