By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SquareEnix about Switch support, to aggressively make games for Switch, wont rule out any IP..

Shaunodon said:
DonFerrari said:

So ideal and great meant the same thing? You are the one moving the goal post for it to try and fit a narrative on their report.

At the time I felt 'great' was reasonably interchangeable with 'ideal', but that's just my small mistake. It's not the same as the difference between great, and not successful at all.

I'm not sure what narrative you think I'm trying to push. Their tweets speak for themselves. They're the ones showing the overwhelming enthusiasm for Switch.

"-Probably other platforms will get these too as part of multi, but we would aggressively make games for Switch"

Yep they are excited and will push for games on Switch, some may be exclusives, no problem on that And they considering Switch ideal for some type of SW is good, but you pushed on the others, but no worries.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Localisations for Dragon Quest XI, Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2 and Dragon Quest Builders would also help. Square Enix have been quite strong with their Switch support so far - but much of their output has remained Japan-only, so that needs to change in 2018.

Hypothetically, I'd love remakes of FF IV, V and VI using the 2D-HD engine of Octopath Traveller, it would suit those games so well. I'd rather those than the FF7 Remake or more Crystal Chronicles or Explorers type FF spin-offs. It'll be interesting to see what they mean about 'older IP', too, and whether or not things like Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 make it over. The HD version of FF XII would be an easy option in the short-term.

secret of mana remake on ps4 for switch is what i want, new chrono cross/trigger/ new terranigma, new brave fencer musashi :) I'd take all these over ports of kh3 and ff15

couchmonkey said:
Jumpin said:

I'd love to see the FF7 remake. I don't care if it scaled down. I'd honestly like a version of the game with more authentic looking character models; something that more closely resemble the original FMV art. They can add detail to them, but I find a lot of the new FF7 stuff is barely recognizable; the characters don't look right (or even natural) with realistic art, many of them look like weirdo cosplayers. The rest look like they belong in a modern Resident Evil game.

Give us someone who at least looks like Sephiroth:

Not this asshole:

agreed, and there's no need to reimagine the gameplay, either.  just tune it up a bit.

I'm still hoping that's what the plan is in general. I want a proper RPG party battle system.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.