By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rating Nintendo 2017 - Console Games and Releases

2017 Rating

10 125 53.42%

9 65 27.78%

8 17 7.26%

7 10 4.27%

6 1 0.43%

5 1 0.43%

4 0 0%

3 2 0.85%

2 4 1.71%

Need to wait for December 9 3.85%

Total:234
Flilix said:
Platina said:

Not enough poll options :/

You should have left out 4, 5 and 6, these are just boring middle ground options.

Who would objectively give Nintendo a 1?

Around the Network
Slownenberg said:
I gave it a 9.

Switch is amazing. Only thing I wish it did better a were a bit more battery, bigger disk space, and much better online. But I guess you can't have everything, though the online right now is a serious misstep. Zelda, Mario Kart, Splatoon, Mario. All fantastic. Great lineup of indie/cheap games (love me some Mr. Shifty, Fast RMX, Vulgar the Viking, and Axiom Verge). Price was perfect. Stock issues were bad. Needs more big third party games, though at least starting to pick up older ports of big games and some sports games.

3DS continues to have some life left in it despite the launch and success of the Switch. The new 2DS looks real nice and is a nice final product in that family.

SNES classic looks awesome, but stock issues againnnnnn!! Though at least they're making a lot more than the NES Classic total screw up. Hopefully I'll find a SNES Classic at some point.

Overall I think an 8 or 9 is a valid score, given stock problems, they couldn't get at least one AAA not old third party game in 2017, and still crappy Nintendo online experience. While the things they did right were a SNES Classic, near-perfect system Switch, Zelda and Mario both being GOTY quality and reinvigorating those franchises, and solid indie support.

What's so bad about it? The only thing that comes to mind is a missing mailbox for friend messages. What else?

KLXVER said:
Flilix said:

You should have left out 4, 5 and 6, these are just boring middle ground options.

Subjective people easily outnumber the objective.

Flilix said:
KLXVER said:

Subjective people easily outnumber the objective.

Well only two people have given it a 3 and one a 2, so I dont think many people would go even lower.

Anything less than a 10 is simply unfair, they are having one of their most epic years ever.

Around the Network

After seeing everyone else's scores in this thread, I'm convinced. I change my answer to a 10/10 instead of an 8.

Good thing I hadn't voted in the poll yet.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
After seeing everyone else's scores in this thread, I'm convinced. I change my answer to a 10/10 instead of an 8.

Go with what you feel they deserve.

KLXVER said:

An 8/10 is more like what I'd give their game releases, and even then it's more like an 8.5/10. I didn't really account for the Switch itself + third party and indie support, then i'd give it a 10

KLXVER said:

An 8/10 is more like what I'd give their game releases, and even then it's more like an 8.5/10. I didn't really account for the Switch itself + third party and indie support, then i'd give it a 10

Yeah, its been great. Really hope they can come close over the next years of the console.

Nintendo did a pretty good job this year. If there was an F-Zero Out I would give them 10/10, but so "only" 9/10.
I assume 2018 will be a slower year, but I like getting surprised ;)