By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rating Nintendo 2017 - Console Games and Releases

2017 Rating

10 125 53.42%

9 65 27.78%

8 17 7.26%

7 10 4.27%

6 1 0.43%

5 1 0.43%

4 0 0%

3 2 0.85%

2 4 1.71%

Need to wait for December 9 3.85%

Total:234

9, because this year has been overall great for Nintendo with games such as Zelda: BotW, Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey and other great games coming to the Switch, but it has had some problems like FE: Warriors and FIFA, as well as 3DS games such as Metroid and Ever Oasis just not getting the sales I feel they deserve.

Around the Network

I didn't want to give it a 10 but BOTW and Mario in a single year as well as third party and indie support made it impossible for me not to give it a 10.

Anyone saying less than 10 probably need the damn system to sell 100 million units in its first year.

The system is successful, has 2 GOAT games, and a plethora of memorable first party titles already. We aren't even a year in, and yet it's considered one of the best systems of all time.

Easily the best first year in history.

For now, I say 9.
Depending on how Xenoblade Chronicles 2 turns out, I may bump it to 10.

An easy 10, even if I have to grade Nintendo's 2017 before Xenoblade 2 comes out. Between the 3DS and Switch this year they published more than 20 games and are essentially competing with themselves for GotY. They made the Switch a success with basically just themselves and indies and were able to keep the 3DS relevant without weakening their support for the Switch. I can't think of any other publisher this year that has accomplished anything close to that.

Last edited by wombat123 - on 05 November 2017

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
flashfire926 said:

First of all, Breath of the Wild is a multiplatform game, released simultaneously on both platforms. Sure, development started only for Wii U, but in early 2016, development shifted to accomodate both platforms, and their goals changed. This is like saying Battlefield 1 (just an example) on Xbox one is a port of a ps4.game. Breath of the Wild belongs as much to the switch as it does to the wii U imo. It wasnt solely developed for Wii U and then ported. If that were the case, than the Wii U version would have the gamepad map features first shown like three years ago. 

I agree with that, I'm just too lazy to type it. 

And what's "Second of all" :-p

Well, I think the original Wii U version wouldve ben a better game, given how the inventory and map system was one of the weaker points that wouldve went fantastic with the gamepad.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

3DS section updated

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

"The Switch definitely had a strong launch, but the same things can't be said with the 3DS."

From my perspective, from a glance - I actually think the 3DS had more games that interested me this year than the Switch. The 3DS had Fire Emblem Echoes, Metroid: Samus Returns, Etrian Odyssey V, and Monster Hunter Stories. That's pretty great I'd say. Sure, it sucks that the more meh titles overshadowed some of those like Hey!Pikmin, but still a pretty great year in my opinion. Maybe those titles don't compare too the quality of BOTW or Mario Odyssey(I doubt they do), and again I haven't played all of them, but they're more standout than Splatoon 2 or Arms. I have Echoes and love it, just bought Samus Returns and Monster Hunter Stories from amazon. Looking to buy Etrian Odyssey V soon too.

Plus even though it sucks that the 3DS library had to be padded out with ports like Yoshi or Superstar Saga, I might actually get them. Seeing as how they're the only convenient way of playing those games now.

I can't really judge the library until I've played all of those games, but it seems like a pretty nice year all things considered for the 3DS.

I'll say a 9 or 10, but either way, it's been an excellent year for the Switch. Quite a number of games from Nintendo with big hitters like BotW and Mario Odyssey and some really neat smaller indie titles as well, it def feels like one of the best 1st years for any console ever.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

If XC2 blows my expectations - 10/10

If XC2 meets my expectations (the game is just as good as XCX which I thought was mediocre at best) - 9/10

If XC2 is somehow complete crap - 8/10

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."