By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Oh, I see.
Come on, Nintendo, get your sh*t together! XD

Around the Network

Microsoft is making a good comeback this holiday season after a pretty sub par rest of the year.

ThisGuyFooks said:
Alkibiádēs said:
Selling Horizon Zero Dawn for 20 bucks? Jeez, what a way to devalue your games, it's not even been out a year.

A game sale, or a game having a price cut is a negative in your opinion?

As far as im concerned, we are CONSUMERS so a game lowering it's price is better for us, isnt it?

Unless you are interested in something other than what these corporations offer you, which are videogames.

A common trend that i've noticed from Nintendo enthusiast is that they defend the fact that Nintendo almost never lower the prices of their games, which is one of the, if not THE most silly thing i have read here.

It's unhealthy for the games industry as gamers now know they just have to wait a couple of months to buy games at huge discounts. This is why crap like loot-boxes and micro-transactions are becoming more popular (publishers need a different way to nickle and dime consumers).  

If a game is good and popular then it DOESN'T need such a drastic price cut so soon after release.

This is one of the main reasons why Nintendo doesn't do such price cuts because it has serious consequences for the long term. Why would anyone buy Super Mario Odyssey at launch if they can just wait a couple of months for it to be $40 and a couple more for $20?

Breath of the Wild launched in March, is still full price and is still in the top twenty hourly chart on Amazon. Why? Because Nintendo hasn't undermined the value of their games like so many other publishers have. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

A game sale, or a game having a price cut is a negative in your opinion?

As far as im concerned, we are CONSUMERS so a game lowering it's price is better for us, isnt it?

Unless you are interested in something other than what these corporations offer you, which are videogames.

A common trend that i've noticed from Nintendo enthusiast is that they defend the fact that Nintendo almost never lower the prices of their games, which is one of the, if not THE most silly thing i have read here.

It's unhealthy for the games industry as gamers now know they just have to wait a couple of months to buy games at huge discounts. This is why crap like loot-boxes and micro-transactions are becoming more popular (publishers need a different way to nickle and dime consumers).  

If a game is good and popular then it DOESN'T need such a drastic price cut so soon after release.

This is one of the main reasons why Nintendo doesn't do such price cuts because it has serious consequences for the long term. Why would anyone buy Super Mario Odyssey at launch if they can just wait a couple of months for it to be $40 and a couple more for $20?

Breath of the Wild launched in March, is still full price and is still in the top twenty hourly chart on Amazon. Why? Because Nintendo hasn't undermined the value of their games like so many other publishers have. 

One company wants to go one way. Another company wants to go the other way. Neither one is wrong at what they're doing. Horizon already sold a lot of units prior to this discount, so it's likely that Sony just wants to increase the amount of people playing the game. Plus, the Complete Edition is likely sold at a good profit margin. Nintendo wants to maximize revenue from each unit sale by keeping the price up. Different goals call for different methods.

Alkibiádēs said:

Crap like Loot Boxes and Micro Transactions have nothing to do with the fact that games eventually receive a Price Cut tho. The entire industry have been trying to squeeze more money out of our pockets from the same product, and we have to realize that those practices, as shitty as they are, came here to stay. Why do you think that Nintendo will charge now for Online Gaming? Why do you think that Nintendo is pushing so hard DLC through Amiibos? Why do you think that games like Xenoblade 2 will contain DLC? Because they want to make more money.

It is not for you you to decide if it needed or not, as i said, you are the consumer and they are the corporation. They are not going to do anything that goes against the goal of making money. If they do lower the price of a game, a console or anything, it is because they made that choice thinking in their wallets, not ours.

Why would anyone go to the movies to watch The Justice League Day One when you can wait a year and watch it on Netflix for a fraction of the price? Why are you going to buy an UFC Payperview when you can just wait for them to upload the event on Fight Pass and pay next to nothing? It is because you want to consume that content on Day One, and you are willing to fork the Full Price of said content.

So you are saying that people are buying the Zelda game because Nintendo has not lowered the price of the game? Read that again and tell me if it makes sense. Zelda and Mario are both stellar games that are without a doubt THE System Sellers of the Switch, let alone the fact that the console has received next to nothing of 3rd Party Support as of right now, so those games are basically the Must Haves right now. I can understand Nintendo not lowering those prices, if you buy a Switch today, which games are you most likely going to buy?

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Did anybody else notice that CoD WW2 on XB1 passed CoD WW2 on PS4? 

I wouldn't be sure that it has. The physical X1 version is currently ahead a few spots, but there is a PS4 digital code version at #37, while X1 does not have a digital version in the top 100

I didn't realize the standard x1x was out of stock.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:
I didn't realize the standard x1x was out of stock.

That explains why it's falling down the chart. I thought people were just buying the Scorpio edition instead.

5 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#02 XB1X Scorpio (same)
#13 NS Grey (down 1)
#14 NS Neon (up 2)
#27 XB1X (same)
#29 SNES Classic (up 2)
#42 XB1 (up 2)
#44 XB1 Battlefield (up 2)
#56 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 2)
#60 PS4 COD (same)
#63 PS4 Pro (up 10)
#74 N2DSXL (up 6)
#77 PS4 Star Wars (up 8)
#85 N2DSXL Pokeball (re-entry)
#89 N3DSXL SNES (up 1)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
#06 3DS Pokemon Ultra Sun (up 1)
#11 3DS Pokemon Ultra Moon (same)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 4 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 4 in the top 100 / 4 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

shikamaru317 said:

Did anybody else notice that CoD WW2 on XB1 passed CoD WW2 on PS4? Same story on Gamestop's website and Best Buy's website I see. Pretty surprising since Sony has the marketing rights for it and timed DLC rights as well, as well as the bigger install base in the US. Maybe the CoD fanbase cares more about having the most powerful console than they care about timed DLC? Sony really should have had a basic 500 GB CoD WW2 bundle for $250 imo ($200 on Black Friday). Instead all they made was that custom camouflage 1TB model for $300. Sony doesn't seem to have any 500 GB bundles this Holiday. Has Sony quietly discontinued the 500 GB model I wonder? 

Nothing unusual. That happens with every bundled game. 

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(