By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

I LOVE GIGGS said:

My expectation for the rest of the month:
- Xbox X sales will slow down gradually. It will get below Xbox S.
- Switch will remain top of the charts as I think Nintendo prepared for the holidays, shipment wise.
- PS4 will gradually increase as what you expect on November. $200 PS4 will be the most attractive system in Black Friday.

Remember that Black Friday day represents something around 50% of the total sales for the month. PS4 at $200 will be the best selling system during this day followed by the Switch and then Xbox S.

1. Switch >1.7m
2. PS4 1.5-1.6m
3. Xbox One 1.2-1.4m

Regardless of which system ends up the best selling at the end of the month, it will be the best holiday period in tge last five years.

Apart from not taking preorders into consideration, I think this is a 'reasonable' assumption. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
I LOVE GIGGS said:

My expectation for the rest of the month:
- Xbox X sales will slow down gradually. It will get below Xbox S.
- Switch will remain top of the charts as I think Nintendo prepared for the holidays, shipment wise.
- PS4 will gradually increase as what you expect on November. $200 PS4 will be the most attractive system in Black Friday.

Remember that Black Friday day represents something around 50% of the total sales for the month. PS4 at $200 will be the best selling system during this day followed by the Switch and then Xbox S.

1. Switch >1.7m
2. PS4 1.5-1.6m
3. Xbox One 1.2-1.4m

Regardless of which system ends up the best selling at the end of the month, it will be the best holiday period in tge last five years.

Regardless of which system you think will sell best this month I think we can all agree on this. With all the signs that the Xbox One X is doing better then what most of us expected to and the fact the Switch has been killing this year and the PS4 having its best year yet sales wise means this will be the best holiday season for the industry in years. 

I LOVE GIGGS said: 

1. Switch >1.7m
2. PS4 1.5-1.6m
3. Xbox One 1.2-1.4m

I would swap PS4 and Xbox around and then take 200k or so off of all estimates. But the last thing you said is right, even if it doesn't say much with how bad Wii U was.

PAOerfulone said:
maxleresistant said:

Because the switch will not be enough to keep up with the income generated by two systems.

I never sad they need to make two widely different devices like the 3DS and the WiiU.

An iphone and ipad are still two different devices. Get it?

bluedawgs said:

You both are free to think that but PS4 will likely sell over 1.5 million units in the US in November due to $199 black friday deals and a Call of Duty that is equally as strong as Black Ops 3. Not even taking into account that Star Wars is also releasing this month. You both can tell me why you believe its impossible that the PS4 can win if you want

Nintendo: The Switch is the most desired item on the market right now and is riding high off of Super Mario Odyssey to start November after winning October by a considerable margin. So right off the bat, Sony is playing catch up to the Switch, and even the CoD bundle, at its peak position, reach #20, while the Switch always had at least one bundle within the top 20, if not both. So, the PS4's chances of beating Switch in November are slim. Even with Black Friday being taken into account and who is to say Nintendo won't announce some sort of deal for Black Friday themselves?

Microsoft: Every time the Xbox One X was available for pre order, it shot up to the top of the charts, something it was constantly doing since August. Plus, all of its other Slim models ranking ahead of PS4 right now. 

As it stands, Black Friday may not be enough. History also has something to say about that too. Since launch, the PS4 and Xbox One have had 4 Black Fridays, and the Xbox One has won 3 of them. And the one that Sony did win, the year they had Black Ops 3 and Battlefront 1 (and Fallout 4), it was by a very narrow margin. 
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/42337/USA/

The PS4 could

Didn't PS4 take two? Or are you using that one receipt website that tabulated votes to day who won. Even though it's not always correct? Oops nvm, forgot we are still in 2017. Anyways, people also have to take into account that the Xbox s has been significantly down compared to ps4. Will the Xbox x make up for it on Black Friday? I wouldn't count PS4 out until Black Friday is over. Price always wins BF and PS4 has been sellout by way more than base Xbox all year. Switch should win if Nintendo has the stock. 

Last edited by Playstation_awaiter - on 09 November 2017

10 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#02 XB1X Scorpio (same)
#11 NS Grey (same)
#21 XB1X (down 1)
#27 NS Neon (down 5)
#33 SNES Classic (down 1)
#47 XB1 (down 2)
#50 XB1 Battlefield (down 1)
#56 PS4 COD (same)
#62 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 1)
#71 PS4 Pro (down 3)
#86 N2DSXL (up 1)
#88 PS4 Star Wars (down 5)
#89 N3DSXL SNES (up 3)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
#07 3DS Pokemon Ultra Sun (up 1)
#10 3DS Pokemon Ultra Moon (down 1)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 4 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 4 in the top 100 / 4 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Around the Network

The Xbox One Scorpio LE has been flirting with the #1 Spot for a while now.

Will it get Friendzoned?

Will it Succeed?

What do you guys think?

The PS Plus Card has been holding the spot like a boss!

shikamaru317 said:
MS just announced a free game of your choice promotion until November 18th. MS pushing hard for that November NPD win.

They also announced the bundle options and pricing for the Holiday.

https://news.xbox.com/2017/11/09/xbox-hardware-for-everyone/

Also the 500GB bundles are $249 until the 18th. They were $279 before.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

3 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#02 XB1X Scorpio (same)
#12 NS Grey (down 1)
#16 NS Neon (up 11)
#27 XB1X (down 6)
#31 SNES Classic (up 2)
#44 XB1 (up 3)
#46 XB1 Battlefield (up 4)
#58 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 4)
#60 PS4 COD (down 4)
#73 PS4 Pro (down 2)
#80 N2DSXL (up 6)
#85 PS4 Star Wars (up 3)
#90 N3DSXL SNES (down 1)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
#07 3DS Pokemon Ultra Sun (up 1)
#11 3DS Pokemon Ultra Moon (down 1)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 4 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 4 in the top 100 / 4 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Selling Horizon Zero Dawn for 20 bucks? Jeez, what a way to devalue your games, it's not even been out a year.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
Selling Horizon Zero Dawn for 20 bucks? Jeez, what a way to devalue your games, it's not even been out a year.

It's kind of funny since for the last day the Playstation Plus subscription digital code has been blocking the XBOX from taking first place and now that the XBOX finally overtook it, Horizon at $20 decides to take the #1 spot from both of them.