By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

7 consoles ahead of the first PS4 console. I think Sony should do a pre black friday deal.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
bluedawgs said:

You both are free to think that but PS4 will likely sell over 1.5 million units in the US in November due to $199 black friday deals and a Call of Duty that is equally as strong as Black Ops 3. Not even taking into account that Star Wars is also releasing this month. You both can tell me why you believe its impossible that the PS4 can win if you want

Pre-orders of the Star Wars bundle were really flat though so I'm not certain it's going to push PS4s as hard as people think. I think they'll need a price drop or an extra game. 

I think that camo Call of Duty PS4 slim will scoop a lot more people than expected despite the reaction to its design on the internet. Peeps in the United States really like their camo, I would know due to living here. The Star Wars bundle will probably push a good amount of units, not as much as the first because the first one definitely seems to have had more hype than Battlefront 2, but as we've seen many times with predicting sales, lack of visible hype sometimes doesn't matter and games end up overperforming. Ghost Recon Wildlands is a good example of that.

I'm surprised at some of the comments in this thread. Clearly many aren't aware how limited One X stock was, or how modest in store pre-orders where. Clearly this isn't publicly released information, but you should get a good idea by the wide availability of both sku's, including the day one Scorpio edition. This situation is compounded by the continued decline in One S sale.....some would even describe it as a crash. This won't be turned around by a few early November deals.

I'll spell it out now, you should expect PS4Pro levels of sales. Add another 30% on top and it still won't counter the drop in One S sales we're seeing. It's a tricky situation for Microsoft, they're targeting the hard-core with a mid-gen upgrade, but the take-up won't make compensate lost One S sales. Nor will demand stretch much beyond the turn of the year without significant price movement and deals.

TheBlackNaruto said:
Okay maybe I am lost.....but why are people saying the PS4 is doing bad right now? Like how is it doing bad? 

Because their console of choice is going to lose this gen by over 50,000,000 units so they take what they can. It's like I said earlier, this reminds me of when MS dropped Kinect and when MS did deep price cuts and won the holiday season in the US in 2014. We just had Sony's financials for Q2 and they are up YoY and increased projections for the year to 19m, double what Xbox One has done in any year. But PS4 is doing bad. And Xbox is doing great because they are getting good numbers all of a sudden, ignoring how poor their sales have been for the last ten months

Then Sony will announce over 70m consoles sold in January, while MS won't say anything about their total sales because they've been destroyed. People get tunnel vision to suit their needs

Last edited by celador - on 08 November 2017

jason1637 said:
7 consoles ahead of the first PS4 console. I think Sony should do a pre black friday deal.

Lol stop trolling bro. I hate being trolled by others and stuff like this is just ammo for 'retaliation'.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:
jason1637 said:

Lol stop trolling bro. I hate being trolled by others and stuff like this is just ammo for 'retaliation'.

Not trolling. Its not a good thing for Sonys to have 7 skus selling more than their best selling PS4 sku.

hudsoniscool said:

Jason doens't troll, fella. He might be wrong but he isn't trolling.

The PS5 Exists. 

maxleresistant said:
Rocketjay8 said:

Why would Nintendo release another device alongside the switch? Didn't they say that It was a nightmare supporting two systems at the same time and splitting up their dev teams?

Because the switch will not be enough to keep up with the income generated by two systems.

I never sad they need to make two widely different devices like the 3DS and the WiiU.

An iphone and ipad are still two different devices. Get it?

bluedawgs said:
FIT_Gamer said:

If Nintendo can manage stock, there is zero chance that will happen. 

PAOerfulone said:

December? Maybe.
November? Not a chance.

You both are free to think that but PS4 will likely sell over 1.5 million units in the US in November due to $199 black friday deals and a Call of Duty that is equally as strong as Black Ops 3. Not even taking into account that Star Wars is also releasing this month. You both can tell me why you believe its impossible that the PS4 can win if you want

Nintendo: The Switch is the most desired item on the market right now and is riding high off of Super Mario Odyssey to start November after winning October by a considerable margin. So right off the bat, Sony is playing catch up to the Switch, and even the CoD bundle, at its peak position, reach #20, while the Switch always had at least one bundle within the top 20, if not both. So, the PS4's chances of beating Switch in November are slim. Even with Black Friday being taken into account and who is to say Nintendo won't announce some sort of deal for Black Friday themselves?

Microsoft: Every time the Xbox One X was available for pre order, it shot up to the top of the charts, something it was constantly doing since August. Plus, all of its other Slim models ranking ahead of PS4 right now. 

As it stands, Black Friday may not be enough. History also has something to say about that too. Since launch, the PS4 and Xbox One have had 4 Black Fridays, and the Xbox One has won 3 of them. And the one that Sony did win, the year they had Black Ops 3 and Battlefront 1 (and Fallout 4), it was by a very narrow margin. 
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/42337/USA/

The PS4 could

I think PlayStation will compete very well. They will ride the waves and bundles up to Black Friday smartly. And then between then and PSX they might announce a permanent price reduction. Then come January rinse and repeat, the Exclusives start coming in. Sony may lose black Friday but will resume winning everything else. Especially Software. Especially Worldwide where the figures all total up.

PAOerfulone said:
maxleresistant said:

Because the switch will not be enough to keep up with the income generated by two systems.

I never sad they need to make two widely different devices like the 3DS and the WiiU.

An iphone and ipad are still two different devices. Get it?

bluedawgs said:

Nintendo: The Switch is the most desired item on the market right now and is riding high off of Super Mario Odyssey to start November after winning October by a considerable margin. So right off the bat, Sony is playing catch up to the Switch, and even the CoD bundle, at its peak position, reach #20, while the Switch always had at least one bundle within the top 20, if not both. So, the PS4's chances of beating Switch in November are slim. Even with Black Friday being taken into account and who is to say Nintendo won't announce some sort of deal for Black Friday themselves?

Microsoft: Every time the Xbox One X was available for pre order, it shot up to the top of the charts, something it was constantly doing since August. Plus, all of its other Slim models ranking ahead of PS4 right now. 

As it stands, Black Friday may not be enough. History also has something to say about that too. Since launch, the PS4 and Xbox One have had 4 Black Fridays, and the Xbox One has won 3 of them. And the one that Sony did win, the year they had Black Ops 3 and Battlefront 1 (and Fallout 4), it was by a very narrow margin. 
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/42337/USA/

The PS4 could

Great post, but you shouldn't waste time talking to BlueDawgs.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.