By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

PS4 CoD bundle is sold out. Why is it still in the top 100?

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
PS4 CoD bundle is sold out. Why is it still in the top 100?

Third parties are selling it. Same thing with neon Switch and XB1X.

Still too early to call but if it continues this way, without Pre-orders and Black Friday taken into account: XB1 > Switch > PS4

With Pre-orders taken into consideration, I think the XB1 will likely get the bigger boost with PS4s COD bundles only offering a slight boost. Black Friday is likely going to push PS4 harder but perhaps only then match XB1s Black Friday + Preorder numbers. This would leave the order for the PS4 V XB1 still at XB1 > PS4 but it could push the PS4 ahead of the Switch leaving XB1 > PS4 > Switch.

That's as it stands now though and being completely in the dark about how many preorders will be added, I can't really be certain in any way whatsoever. All I'm certain of is this could be one of those months that Amazon gets it wrong if we leave it entirely to the places in the charts.

The PS5 Exists. 

ironmanDX said:
bluedawgs said:
ps4 will be #1 in both November and December NPDs and everyone will pretend to be shocked

We're only using Amazon to sway our thoughts. The one site never can tell the full story.

Gamestop has also sold out of the Xbox One X. I wonder how other retailers are doing.

Not online. https://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-x-1tb-console/153291

GribbleGrunger said:

Still too early to call but if it continues this way, without Pre-orders and Black Friday taken into account: XB1 > Switch > PS4

With Pre-orders taken into consideration, I think the XB1 will likely get the bigger boost with PS4s COD bundles only offering a slight boost. Black Friday is likely going to push PS4 harder but perhaps only then match XB1s Black Friday + Preorder numbers. This would leave the order for the PS4 V XB1 still at XB1 > PS4 but it could push the PS4 ahead of the Switch leaving XB1 > PS4 > Switch.

That's as it stands now though and being completely in the dark about how many preorders will be added, I can't really be certain in any way whatsoever. All I'm certain of is this could be one of those months that Amazon gets it wrong if we leave it entirely to the places in the charts.

Right now i think this is how the month might take #1 if it dominates BF.

Around the Network

Okay maybe I am lost.....but why are people saying the PS4 is doing bad right now? Like how is it doing bad? It is still up YOY could possible be up YOY this month as well. Still has BF with some great bundles, pre-orders for the month etc. Why would they react to the XB1 having a sales surge during the holiday? With the Switch stock up it is a no surprise that it is a head so that is nothing to react to. This is the launch month of the XB1X so it is to be expected.....great deals on the XB1s as well so those are also up. Everything looks.....well unsurprising to me at this moment......so why would they do anything that is not needed?

Heck they might even do a $50 price cut after Black Friday and make it the new permanent price going into the new year....I think they are fine and playing it smart......getting good sales while maximizing profits....I do not think Sony is doing bad I just think some people are overreacting....Come on.....like they should really be worried and throw everything out they got out after kicking butt the entire year and barely losing to a Hot new system in NPD some months.....come on now people geesh lol

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

jason1637 said:

Right now i think this is how the month might take #1 if it dominates BF.

That's only if it stays the way it is at the moment. Shipments shortages, bundles, price reductions could all be thrown into the mix, along with Black Friday and Preorders. 

The PS5 Exists. 

FIT_Gamer said:
bluedawgs said:
ps4 will be #1 in both November and December NPDs and everyone will pretend to be shocked

If Nintendo can manage stock, there is zero chance that will happen. 

PAOerfulone said:
bluedawgs said:

December? Maybe.
November? Not a chance.

You both are free to think that but PS4 will likely sell over 1.5 million units in the US in November due to $199 black friday deals and a Call of Duty that is equally as strong as Black Ops 3. Not even taking into account that Star Wars is also releasing this month. You both can tell me why you believe its impossible that the PS4 can win if you want

bluedawgs said:

You both are free to think that but PS4 will likely sell over 1.5 million units in the US in November due to $199 black friday deals and a Call of Duty that is equally as strong as Black Ops 3. Not even taking into account that Star Wars is also releasing this month. You both can tell me why you believe its impossible that the PS4 can win if you want

Pre-orders of the Star Wars bundle were really flat though so I'm not certain it's going to push PS4s as hard as people think. I think they'll need a price drop or an extra game. 

The PS5 Exists. 

3 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#02 XB1X Scorpio (same)
#11 NS Grey (same)
#18 XB1X (down 2)
#23 NS Neon (down 3)
#28 SNES Classic (down 2)
#46 XB1 (up 5)
#47 XB1 Battlefield (up 2)
#50 PS4 COD (down 2)
#58 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 1)
#67 PS4 Pro (down 2)
#77 PS4 Star Wars (up 4)
#80 N2DSXL (up 3)
#88 N3DSXL SNES (up 1)
#95 N2DSXL Pokeball (down 7)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
#08 3DS Pokemon Ultra Sun (same)
#09 3DS Pokemon Ultra Moon (up 1)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 4 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 4 in the top 100 / 4 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5