By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

jason1637 said:
Wait so in the monthly the standard X is outselling the Scorpio edition but the Scorpio is the one that goes up in the yearly chart while the standard X isnth in the yearly chart. How does that make sense.

Cuz the Scorpio Edition sold a buttload previous months and the one X did not

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network
StarDoor said:
Shadow1980 said:
Here's the November rankings as they currently stand:

Xbox One X: #10
Xbox One X (Scorpio Edition): #11
Nintendo Switch (neon): #16
Nintendo Switch (grey): #21
PS4 Slim 1TB CoD:WW2 bundle: #25
SNES Classic Edition: #27
XBO S Battlefield 1 bundle: #58
New 2DS XL (Pokeball edition): #68
XBO S 500GB standalone: #71
PS4 Pro: #77
New 2DS XL (Black & Turquoise): #86
PS4 Slim 1TB Battlefront II bundle: #97

And here's today's update to the yearly rankings:

Nintendo Switch (grey): #7 (—)
PS4 Slim Uncharted 4 bundle: #13 (↓2)
Nintendo Switch (neon): #17 (—)
SNES Classic Edition: #51 (↑2)
Xbox One X (Scorpio Edition): #57 (↑19)
PS4 Pro: #81 (—)

Looking at those numbers and the preorder rankings from prior months, I think it's safe to say that the X1X is well on its way to winning this month.

Has PS4 ever been 3rd in any month?

I think they were last time was july 2016, when 3ds won from the Pokemon go effect, and original xbone had heavy discounts since the slim was coming in the month after.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

malistix1985 said:
Playstation_awaiter said:
Let the Xbox fans enjoy their moment, itll be back to switch or PS4 early next year.

no xbox fans should not enjoy this moment, all gamers should, the xbox one x selling well, the switch selling well and the ps4 selling well is brining more games in all our hands, we should be happy gaming is going strong instead of putting one company above the other, sure we can push companies to do better by voting with our wallet when they do bad (xbox one 2013/wii U) and then when they turn it around (switch, xbox one x?) we should be happy.

Xbox can be third and still successful 

3 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#02 XB1X Scorpio (same)
#11 NS Grey (same)
#16 XB1X (down 1)
#20 NS Neon (same)
#26 SNES Classic (up 2)
#48 PS4 COD (down 1)
#49 XB1 Battlefield (down 1)
#51 XB1 (up 3)
#59 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 3)
#65 PS4 Pro (up 9)
#81 PS4 Star Wars (up 7)
#83 N2DSXL (same)
#88 N2DSXL Pokeball (up 5)
#89 N3DSXL SNES (same)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
#08 3DS Pokemon Ultra Sun (same)
#10 3DS Pokemon Ultra Moon (down 1)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 4 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 4 in the top 100 / 3 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Starting to look more and more like Microsoft is taking first place this month with Nintendo being second and Sony, third.
Huh, so this must have been what the "Wii60" days were like.

Around the Network

PS4 is doing pretty bad right now. I still think BF will help Sony overtake the Switch for second place this month.

Last edited by jason1637 - on 08 November 2017

shikamaru317 said:
PAOerfulone said:
Starting to look more and more like Microsoft is taking first place this month with Nintendo being second and Sony, third.
Huh, so this must have been what the "Wii60" days were like.

Sony is still in the battle for 2nd place I'd say, they have that $200 1 TB PS4 for Black Friday, that will sell very well I'm sure. The question is, will it sell enough to offset Nintendo beating them the rest of the month? There is also the unknown factor of Switch availability for Black Friday, and the unknown of rather or not there will be some kind of Black Friday Switch deal.

Don't forget to count the Cod Bundle preorders from last month, which certainly amounts to a lot of consoles, too. However, since the Switch is consitently  a good ways in front of any PS4 bundle, I still think Sony will have to play catch-up

Since NPD now counts in worth of sales instead of numbers, the reduced prices for the black friday deals will have a diminished effect there. Switch could win against PS4 in NPD purely because it will probably be more expensive at black friday. On the other end of the spectrum, the ONE X sales will count more there simply because the console is much more expensive then all the other on the market.

I think Xbox beating PS4 this month is not a lock. Sony has the far superior bundles and those sell really well on bf. look at last year Xbox nearly took November even though pro launched. I believe it's because they had far better and more diverse bundles.
Even if Xbox x does 500k(double pro) I could still see them loosing by 100k. I could see
Xbox- 1.2-1.5 million(300-550k x's)
PS4 1.1-1.7 million
Switch- depending on stock 1-2 million.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

shikamaru317 said:
So there are now 4 XB1 SKU's ahead of the highest PS4 SKU.

I’m shocked at how non-competitive Sony is being with XBO—both with the X and the S. Either they’re idiots, or the data they were/are seeing poses no real threat in the long run. I know MS’s lead is temporary, but right now PS4 isn’t just getting beaten by the X, but both S models are now beating PS4 as well due to their prices undercutting the lowest cost PS4 by $100 and $60. 

Btw...did Sony eliminate all 500gb system options in the US? I know giving more HD space encourages buying digital, but seems odd at the cost of being able to hit a lower system price.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Sony is still in the battle for 2nd place I'd say, they have that $200 1 TB PS4 for Black Friday, that will sell very well I'm sure. The question is, will it sell enough to offset Nintendo beating them the rest of the month? There is also the unknown factor of Switch availability for Black Friday, and the unknown of rather or not there will be some kind of Black Friday Switch deal.

Don't forget to count the Cod Bundle preorders from last month, which certainly amounts to a lot of consoles, too. However, since the Switch is consitently  a good ways in front of any PS4 bundle, I still think Sony will have to play catch-up

Since NPD now counts in worth of sales instead of numbers, the reduced prices for the black friday deals will have a diminished effect there. Switch could win against PS4 in NPD purely because it will probably be more expensive at black friday. On the other end of the spectrum, the ONE X sales will count more there simply because the console is much more expensive then all the other on the market.

We won't get any leaks on units sold? Because if we do it won't matter which one had more revenue. 

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.