By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA is not committed to Switch, they don't understand the Switch market yet.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

pokoko said:
A business attempting to gauge a market before jumping in?

That's just awful. How dare they.
ryuzaki57 said:
Looks like the Switch audience's interest in FIFA wasn't sufficient. But actually, why mobilize an entire dev team for 1% of sales? EA is just taking the rational conclusions for its business.

Yeah, because gauging with a gimped game will always do well and show off exactly what the players want (a non-gimped version of the game, but that certainly never the conclusion they'll draw)

Besides, it's not like swapping a couple of players around in the game and slapping a 19 on the package would be very expensive now that they have an engine for the Switch version.

DonFerrari said:
Don't like EA games, won't buy EA games -> complain about lack of EA games on Switch.

Your statement implies that only Switch users have standards, or at least enough standards to not buy games from greedy AAA publishers, which certainly ain't true

On the other hand, I wish this would happen on the other consoles too, pryving EA from their main source of income and ultimately going bankrupt - but I doubt there will be enough who would follow such a line on any support.

Nope, my statement just shows that people here complain about EA all the time and them get mad when EA say they will back away.

For me EA could root and I wouldn't miss it, and I don't even enter threads talking about then or bring then to Sony conversation. That is because I don't care about them or the support EA may give.

The only discussion on Sony involving EA I had was regarding Sony decision to not allow EA system inside PSN and take away the control they have.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Bristow9091 said:
Even if they released everything they have on Switch, I'd still opt for PS4 anyway... there really isn't much that Switch users would be missing out on, unless they really liek yearly sports games, lol

This gen they all like everything portable, because Switch is now hybrid.

We like portable gaming because it's a fun way to play games.

ryuzaki57 said:
Looks like the Switch audience's interest in FIFA wasn't sufficient. But actually, why mobilize an entire dev team for 1% of sales? EA is just taking the rational conclusions for its business.

Last time I checked, 4% UK and about 10% Japan. And Fifa 2013 was the last one. So, no, is not rational, is just really stupid

Click HERE and be happy 

mZuzek said:
Jumpin said:

EA's recent leadership has legendarily stupid instincts.

They decide to give the Wii U phenomenal support and the Switch underwhelming support.

I wouldn't even call the Wii U support phenomenal, I'd say it was truly legendary.

Because, you know, it was only ever a legend. In other words, I've no idea what you're talking about.

They changed their mind with the Wii U at some point. But thetre was a point when they were going to go all out supporting it because they believed in it. Then with the Switch,and now they don't believe in it.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

How did FIFA perform?

Fuck them regardless. I sincerely hope the Bethesda games succeed on Switch though.

Last edited by Moren - on 01 November 2017

Around the Network

I really don't think EA would do particularly well on the Switch anyway.

People despise EA but at the same time seem even more pissed off that they aren't jumping on the Switch. I am confused here.

The only EA game I'm excited for though is Anthem. Probably won't get a Steam release so I guess I'll have to play it on PS4.

couchmonkey said:
DonFerrari said:

I dared say that before and got stomped on the forums.

I think EA has already guaged the market and they realized there's not much reason for the  to get involved in Switch.  They're just trying to play it coy and not outright say, "Nintendo gamers don't like us" - just look at this thread. :)

Personally, I'd be one more vote for, "I can live without EA".  Maybe a decent Sims port or one NHL game could weasel their way into my collection.

The problem is that EA is not creative. They suits dont have a creative bone in their collective bodies . They should honestly consider publishing indie titles or something. Ubisoft is essentially a large publisher and still match creativity with business endeavors and they brilliantlyg gave Nintendo a really nice hit with Mario + Rabbids. 

I wish I could agree with the living without EA part, but they bought Bioware and DICE. Honestly, those companies might've needed their money, but could've done better elsewhere. What happened to Mass Effect is the greatest tragedy to ever face gaming.

Flilix said:
DonFerrari said:

This gen they all like everything portable, because Switch is now hybrid.

We like portable gaming because it's a fun way to play games.

Nah is not because we value its flexibility, its because we are all sheep.

It's not like anyone in this thread would actually buy EA games anyways ....

EA does this with every Nintendo system. They even did this with the NES and didn't have a game for it until 1990 I believe even though NES had a monopoly. I wouldn't expect EA will make games on the Switch until all its competitors and mobile is dead.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you.