By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm hyped for Nintendo's 2018.

Tagged games:

What do you want most next year?

Kirby Star Allies 9 2.09%

Yoshi 6 1.39%

Fire Emblem 52 12.06%

Retro's game already! 62 14.39%

Metroid Prime 4 118 27.38%

Pokémon 60 13.92%

Super Smash Bros. 29 6.73%

Animal Crossing 37 8.58%

Something else entirely 41 9.51%

see results 17 3.94%

Total:431

I'm extremely keen for Fire Emblem next year, I loved Awakening and Fates and want more of that please. SoV was great as well, but I prefer having the Marriage and Children mechanics in there, shoehorned or not, I enjoy them.

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Well we will at least be getting Octopath Traveler, DQ Builders, No More Heroes 3 and Fire Emblem. Metroid Prime 4 is a possibility for 2018. Like MZuzek pointed out anything's possible since Xenoblade 2 was announced and is launching this year. And Retro Studios is bound to have something up their sleeve for 2018 by now.

IMO a good console will have at least five good, non-Indie games a year on average. Switch is currently ahead of the curve with 14 this year, and they started late. So even if 2018 turns out to be a slow year, the system will survive.

I mean, imagine this conversation...

"So you getting a Switch?"

"No, it didn't get but four games this year."

"It has BotW and Odyssey. Fucking get it already!"

A switch with BotW is $360. The game alone brings in almost 200+ hours of content, meaning you're paying $1.80 an hour, which is insanely less than other things such as amusement parks, fancy restaurants, etc.

Don't see how a Switch isn't worth it in the eyes of anyone. The system simply has too much in such a short span of time

Yep. Gaming is a cheap hobby by the hour. 

Just a wild thought: what if they surprise us again and release both Metroid Prime 4 and Pokémon in 2018? Plus a new Animal Crossing.

Imagine.

On a more realistic note, I share the same sentiment, and I expect something like this for next year:

- Yoshi

- Kirby

- Fire Emblem 

- Pikmin 

- Animal Crossing

- A remaster/port 

- New IP

- Luigi's Mansion 3

Now all you need is to toss in some third party exclusives like No More Heroes and Shin Megami Tensei, plus some multiplats and indies, and it's another home run.

Last edited by LipeJJ - on 28 October 2017

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

The game I am definitely most interested in seeing is Fire Emblem.

The Switch is a huge leap over the 3DS and I am curious to see what Intelligent Systems is planning with the series going forward. 

I remember when the Wii U was brand new in 2012. I looked at the then unknown game schedule of 2013 and was like "Wow we know nothing of 2013 but I won't be surprised that Nintendo has something big up their sleeve! " Then I realized that the reason we didn't see anything for 2013 was because there was nothing in 2013. (Ok Mario 3d World)

I know that won't happen again but hopefully we do not know all the big games already. However 1st party wise I do not think 2018 will get close to 2017,

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

I am also hyped for 2018. Switch, games that I am most hyped are Pikmin 4, Retro's game, Next Level Games game (Luigis Mansion 3!?), and some new IP that Nintendo talking about.

curl-6 said:
mZuzek said:

Of course they don't, because they are niche games and Nintendo won't rely on niche games to sell their system. That's why I'm excited, because there's big new projects in the making that are coming relatively soon and of which we know nothing about.

I just wish they weren't so secretive; as of now I have nothing to look forward to passed Xenoblade 2.

No I prefer it, I hate to see games that will not come for years and maybe not even on the console itself. 

konnichiwa said:
curl-6 said:

I just wish they weren't so secretive; as of now I have nothing to look forward to passed Xenoblade 2.

No I prefer it, I hate to see games that will not come for years and maybe not even on the console itself. 

It's annoying seeing stuff that's like 3 years off, yeah, but I'd prefer to know more about what's coming in the next 12 months.

I don't think they'll be able to top 2017 for top end appeal, but you'll probably see more diversity and certainly more 3rd party content next year.

I don't know if they can repeat 2017 for next year but I think they'll have a good software output and have some well-reviewed games

Edit: Maybe not as well reviewed as 97 Zelda and 97 Mario though xD