By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm hyped for Nintendo's 2018.

Tagged games:

What do you want most next year?

Kirby Star Allies 9 2.09%

Yoshi 6 1.39%

Fire Emblem 52 12.06%

Retro's game already! 62 14.39%

Metroid Prime 4 118 27.38%

Pokémon 60 13.92%

Super Smash Bros. 29 6.73%

Animal Crossing 37 8.58%

Something else entirely 41 9.51%

see results 17 3.94%

Total:431

3DS support will dry up next year so we should see a lot of games on the Switch. Nintendo has a lot of development resources all focused on the Switch now, there shouldn't be any more game droughts. I expect Metroid, Animal Crossing and hopefully Pokémon (probably a remake) to be released. They will likely have a big Mario title, as well - Mario Maker 2 or a 2D Mario game. And at least one non-traditional IP. We haven't heard anything from Retro Studios and Next Level Games could have a game ready, too. But I absolutely agree with the people in this thread who want to know more about next year's lineup. We really need a Nintendo Direct focused on early 2018

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Given a lot of games were announced this year just months from release, they are likely plenty of 2018 games we don't know about yet, I just hope some of them appeal to me, because Yoshi/Kirby/Fire Emblem/Pikmin don't.

Of course they don't, because they are niche games and Nintendo won't rely on niche games to sell their system. That's why I'm excited, because there's big new projects in the making that are coming relatively soon and of which we know nothing about.

Aside frim pikmin those aren't niche games at all. Kirby in particular is one of Japan's top 25 selling franchises (mainline)

Besides not everything has to sell Pokemon/zelda/etc numbers to be considered big. 2mil sellers are big. I mean we are treating mp4 as a big release and thats a franchise thats way underneath all of these games (hopefully mp4 can change that though and pull a FE)

zygote said:

I still believe Super Smash Brothers will come in March-May similar to Mario Kart 8 this  year. 

In the fall, you can expect Animal Crossing because the mobile app is to spark interest in the game like Mario run was for Mario Odyssey and the Nintendo brand.

I also would highly suspect Metroid Prime 4 in the fall due to the teaser so early at E3. More footage will likely be shown between January and E3 2018.  There are also some rumors circulating out there pointing to this same fact, but it makes sense either way.

Already this would almostbe as strong of a lineup as we have had this year, add in Yoshi, Kirby, the inevitable indies and 3rd party titles, but there are plenty other potentials.  Most likely Nintendo will have 1 or 2 new IPs to fuel the future catalog like ARMS this year.

High probability candidates: Pikmin 4, Mario Maker port, Bayonetta compilation, Virtual Console

Medium probability candidates: Donkey Kong title, Retro Studio game, Mario Party, flood of 3DS dual releases, Chibi Robo, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars

Low probability candidates: Pokemon RPG (This is the first console title and expectations are high - there may be a 3DS/Switch crossover title before we see the dedicated Switch title)

You mean a brand new Smash or just a port of the Wii U version?

E3 should be really interesting for Nintendo. I wonder what's going to be the highlight game. I think Smash would fit that slot best, but it could easily be Fire Emblem or Metroid Prime 4. I'm sure it'll be another home run year for them. They've got enough to make a stellar 2018. Not to mention, Mario Party, Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario, Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong...man, can't wait.

DQ11 maybe?

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

I would like to hope Animal Crossing is a 2018 title, I would be extremely happy. The only other confirmed game for me that I am hyped for is SMTV and that is probably a few years out.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

uhm idk.

Metroid prime 4 and pokemon wont release in 2018 imo.

Nintendo hadnt supported the wii u for years basically (the last really big aaa game was smash in 2014).

In its last year, they just ignored the wii u completly. Also the 3DS didnt got any aaa games.

So they had much time to prepare a good launch year for switch. And they delivered with Mario and Zelda.

I dont think they will be able to deliver again with frequent release needed now.

Its like Sony would had given up on the PS3 1-2 years pre ps4 launch and moves all big projects (like last of us) to the ps4.

JamesGarret said:
zygote said:

I still believe Super Smash Brothers will come in March-May similar to Mario Kart 8 this  year. 

You mean a brand new Smash or just a port of the Wii U version?

Yes it will be a deluxe port of the Wii U version.  I suspect this title will be more of a surprise than we expect though.  It may be  compilation of all the Smash Brothers titles, all characters, stages, features, etc. - the ultimate version, with some minor updated visuals.  Could have a much improved level editor and a single player campaign, more characters, and any other number of additions that they have in mind within reason.  Reusing the Wii U title will be a good use of resources and allow them to focus on other projects.

Gammalad said:
I would like to hope Animal Crossing is a 2018 title, I would be extremely happy. The only other confirmed game for me that I am hyped for is SMTV and that is probably a few years out.

Huh, I had assumed SMTV was slated for 2018, but after looking it up you're correct. They haven't given it release window or even confirmed if it's coming to the West.

Pikmin 4, Super Mario Maker 2, and a classic Mario Party (without vehicle) or Fortune Street (Itadaki Street) port would make me veeeeery happy ^^

Besides I hope that Dragon Quest XI is coming next year to NSW. Can't understand why Ni No Kuni 2 is not coming to Switch....