By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey Reviews - 97 Metacritic (91 Reviews) - 97 OpenCritic (84 Reviews)

Just a matter of time until someone submit a sub-60 review. That's the best way to drive pageviews nowadays. Metacritic should remove the x% best and worst reviews from the score calculation.

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:
Flilix said:
Play-zine.com is down.

I just wanted to read the full review to understand the rather trollish summation paragraph... I imagine many others wanted to do the same heh

So their clickbait worked. :/

Nice! And not unexpected, the last few gameplay videos have been off the hook! I'll probably pick it up next week, I have work all weekend...

Flilix said:
Johnw1104 said:

I just wanted to read the full review to understand the rather trollish summation paragraph... I imagine many others wanted to do the same heh

Well he might be honest with his score, but saying people are zombies if they dont agree with him is a bit much.

Flilix said:
Johnw1104 said:

Blame Metacritic.

Around the Network
Flilix said:
Play-zine.com is down.

Tried to read their review before, then i noticed they gave Crash a 9. So realised it was time to stop taking them seriously.

Peach_buggy said:
Flilix said:
Play-zine.com is down.

Tried to read their review before, then i noticed they gave Crash a 9. So realised it was time to stop taking them seriously.

Because 90 is too much, or because it isn't enough?

Flilix said:
Peach_buggy said:

Because 90 is too much, or because it isn't enough?

It means that someone in their team has a nasty bias. Either way, I just hope this joker doesn't get death threats. I just want people to ignore him and move on. 97 is a good score anyway.

Look like Nintendo has another hit on their hands (pretty sure almost everyone expected this to review well though)

KLXVER said:
Flilix said:

Well he might be honest with his score, but saying people are zombies if they dont agree with him is a bit much.

I can't tell yet if it's a good review or not, since I haven't read it yet. But that paragraph on Metacritic feels very trollish.

Btw, do reviewers choose what their text on Metracritic says, or does Metacritic just take a piece out of the article?