By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey Reviews - 97 Metacritic (91 Reviews) - 97 OpenCritic (84 Reviews)

Shaunodon said:
Johnw1104 said:

Well I remember a 6/10 and two 7/10's coming out long after the fact when it was already at 97 and still it stayed there, so I'm guessing it must be at the lower end of 97.

Wasn't BOTW 98 before Jim came in with his 7/10?

BOTW will always be a 98 in my heart. ;___;

Also 9.75? Really? XD

Around the Network

Impressive, Nintendo really knows how to make video games

flashfire926 said:
congrats to the game, but there is no way that 97 will hold when Slant Magazine exists.

They gave 90 to Kingdom Battle. There is still hope.

The second 97 for the Switch. That's insane. Cant wait to play this!

So it happened, 2 of the best games ever done in the same year and for the same system.

Switch has the best first year of history, Bravo for Nintendo.

Around the Network

So are most of the reviews out? Is 98 still possible? Was hoping Odyssey would be above BotW as it should be imo.

Goodnightmoon said:
So it happened, 2 of the best games ever done in the same year and for the same system.

Switch has the best first year of history, Bravo for Nintendo.

Considering how weak opening years usually are, this is indeed impressive. Of course, delaying BotW until the Switch launch certainly didn't hurt.

At this point, though, from excellent ports (MK8D) to new IP's (ARMS) to great sequels (Splatoon 2, Xenoblade coming), this has been a crazy first nine months for a new platform. Definitely one of the first times where being an early adopter didn't mean a year of boredom.

Play-zine.com is down.

Flilix said:
Play-zine.com is down.

I just wanted to read the full review to understand the rather trollish summation paragraph... I imagine many others wanted to do the same heh