By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey Reviews - 97 Metacritic (91 Reviews) - 97 OpenCritic (84 Reviews)

roadkillers said:
pleaserecycle said:
Not bad. Even 7.5/10 is good.

That is the score I get in my classes with very little studying... A company that puts a ton of hardwork and effort into a project deserves much higher praise from a community. I'm not saying they deserve money because they don't, but they should be praised for pushing the video game medium in the right direction. From what I've heard this game has the perfect balance of ease and difficult later in the game.

It's possible to appreciate the effort put into a game but dislike the final product.  The difficulty of a game can be a valid criticism.

Around the Network

Mario continues to be among the gold standards if gaming series, well done Nintendo.

Johnw1104 said:

You should stop talking yourself out of it and give it a go; I largely lost interest in Mario in my later highschool/early college years (became obsessed with various MMO's and console shooters like CoD2/4), but I got back into them with the Wii U and remembered how much I love them. They're some of the finest crafted games you'll ever play.

I fully intend on giving it a shot, just like I have every other Mario game. So far I have only been thoroughly impressed by the four I stated. But I don't expect to agree with the public on Mario games, so I don't expect to be impressed. The problem is if you felt Sunshine had all the things you said, then I thing we just have diff standards, mine clearly being the unpopular standard.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Flilix said:
Peach_buggy said:

Tried to read their review before, then i noticed they gave Crash a 9. So realised it was time to stop taking them seriously.

Because 90 is too much, or because it isn't enough?

Compared to giving SMO a 75 i would suggest it is too high. I can't see how objectively, or even subjectiely they can rate Crash higher.

Oh my

Around the Network
Hiku said:

To celebrate:

Wow that's my new wallpaper thanks.

I can't wait for this fucking game. Literally everyone expected it to be 95+

64 reviews now.

To think Nintendo went from being practically non-existent last year, to having both the best Zelda and best Mario games in the same year.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ultrashroomz said:
To think Nintendo went from being practically non-existent last year, to having both the best Zelda and best Mario games in the same year.

They were cookin in 2016.