By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How skilled at you at playing games?

I suffer from bi-polar disorder so it all depends on which cycle I'm in. If I'm feeling balanced I'm really good at games. If I'm hypo-manic, I'm great and can take on anyone and anything. If I'm depressed, I am barely average.

Right now I'm going through depression (mostly due to the weather changing) and as such, my reflexes are junk. I didn't realize just how slow I have become until I was playing Halo and went from averaging 16-4 KD to like 6-9. No matter how hard I try, I just can't play right now. I can't even get passed the second stage of Mrs. Pac-Man. It's pathetic.

Around the Network

Definitely above average, if I get invested in it. I'm rank S+ in 2 out of 3 modes in Spla2n, and the last one I'm S. In Smash 4 I'm at least the 3rd player in my weekly tournaments, and I can speedrun through A Link Between Worlds (well... I suck at the final boss!).

Oh I'm also maybe kind of good at competitive Pokemon. Or used to be. Didn't bother with the Gen VII meta.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

To be honest, I'm actually really shit at games.

Depends on the game I suppose. I was at one point in the top 10% ranked players in League of Legends, although that's still several million from the top, but still. I would also say I was at one point very good in a few fighting games (Tekken, Soul Calibur and Super Smash Bros.) back when it was easy to get a group of people together in the same place and play for hours against each other. I even won a (very) minor tournament in Smash Bros Brawl. some years ago.

Slarvax said:

Definitely above average, if I get invested in it. I'm rank S+ in 2 out of 3 modes in Spla2n, and the last one I'm S. In Smash 4 I'm at least the 3rd player in my weekly tournaments, and I can speedrun through A Link Between Worlds (well... I suck at the final boss!).

Oh I'm also maybe kind of good at competitive Pokemon. Or used to be. Didn't bother with the Gen VII meta.

I don't really like Splatoon's ranking system, but I'm not denying you're probably very good at it

Around the Network

That varies a lot. I'm normally better at platformers, side-scrollers, and more retro-styled games because that's what play the most. But I'm really shitty at FPS games, for example. I'd consider myself an average gamer. I'm not really awesome at any game because I don't usually stick to a single game and I'm constantly playing different experiences.

Depends on the type of game. In shooters, I’m well above average.

I would say I'm fairly good. Can get on good position in the leaderboads of games I like.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

i could only beat cuphead on simple, that speaks for itself.

I can't really say. I don't play online multiplayer, don't watch let's plays (expect for just one man, Arumba! ), and don't really compete against anyone but the AI.

The general ease with which I handle souls games and other games on hard+ difficulty would indicate that I am pretty good, I suppose?