By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How skilled at you at playing games?

I'd guess I'm average. Pretty decent on fighters especially Tekken, decent on FPS. Kind of hard to judge on single player games.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

Overall pretty high.

But this reminds me, I used to consider one of my closest friends good at videogames. It wasn't until many, perhaps 15, years later that I realized that he's actually always been below average. And this really bummed me out, as I started viewing some of our memories differently. Bonding over videogames was an important part of our childhood, and partially of our adulthood.

Greatest feats in gaming?
Hmm, that's hard. But one of the most memorable ones is one time when me and my friends played Goldeneye 007 first to 10 kills, and they teamed up against me 3 vs 1, and the final score was 10 (me), 0, 0, 1. That one kill they got was at the very end when I was up 9, 0, 0, 0 and they knew they were going to lose so they barricated themselves up in the bathroom of the Facilities level. They jokingly did so, creating a near impossible scenario for me. Instead of waiting them out as I should have, I thought it would be fun to take them on in there. I managed to kill one of them while at the same time one of them got me, so that's why the score ended up that way.
Fun memory. :) They were all about equally skilled at the game as me, so I'm not sure how I managed to win like that. I was on a roll that day and had some luck I guess.

I used to played MP Goldeneye 007 a lot with my friends back in the N64 days. That game, Smash and Mario Kart were part of my childhood, and part of my social life in those years. That experience you told really bring me good memories. We loved to play without weapons because it was hilarious to pursue everyone with that "karate" move XD. Also, I loved to use mines to make traps. I actually was pretty good at that game, not that I think about it.

For most genres, I'd give myself a 6/10. Maybe 7.

For shooters and fighting games, I'd give myself an Arthur Gies/10.  I'm that guy who dies to a level 1 CPU in Sm4sh.

Skilled enough not to be that guy that completes a public event while everyone else is trying to trigger heroic.

Utter trash at every game I touch except overwatch of which I am a Sombra god

Around the Network

Totally depends. I suck hard at one genre while being amazing at another. I usually suck at 2D platformers, fighting games and multiplayer FPS. I'm good at management (city-builders), single-player adventure and puzzle games. I doubt there's many people out there who can make prettier Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 parks than me, but anyone can beat me with CoD multiplayer with two fingers in their nose. Even when I was a child I never thought the Water Temple was tough in any way, but I can't even beat New Super Mario Bros. without dying a million times.

Well, I don't mean to brag...but I'm a pocket pool champion.

I'd say I'm just decent at games nowadays. I don't have the time to get deeply invested in games like when I was a kid. With responsibilities in the way, there's no time to get good at games anymore...

;_;

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I used to be....pretty good. I had leaderboard #1 records in Alien Front Online, 12 #1 records in PGR 2 for the Xbox, along with another dozen or so top tens I was in the top 100 players in Pac Man Championship DX, and had a few top 10 scores, some top 10's in XBLA games, was really good at MechAssault....lots of things. Used to be more competitive overall for sure. Moved heavily back to single player about a decade ago. Now, I'm 42. Age has taken a toll, as has the intake of various substances, along with 3 concussions. The last one I got in the spring of this year has been the most easily observable single event in my life in terms of it's impact on my gaming skills, but I seem to be recovering slowly. Getting the plat for Hotline Miami last month was a nice feather in my cap.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Uhmmm, depends on which genre. I'd claim to be fairly decent at racing, platforming, or strategy. Not good at shooters/action, generally, at all.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.