By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How skilled at you at playing games?

My first thread here (I think). I've always considered myself to be an above average gamer (I'd like to think top 10%, but who really knows) when it comes to skill, although I tend to finish games slower than others, as I spend more time doing side quests and reading all optional dialogue.

I've never gotten serious with an eSport game, and mostly because I play almost all single player games.

What got me thinking about this was a Cuphead thread I read on Steam where people were reporting the total number of deaths they had accumulated by the end of the game. Now I'm not through the game all the way yet (I have two bosses left and then whatever is after chapter 3), but in comparison to others, I was very pleased my results. (For what it's worth, I'm at about 80 deaths last I checked)

With that said, how would you rate yourself as a gamer?

Edit: Maybe a good point of discussion would be mentioning your greatest feats in gaming? I can't think of any in particular, but I have beat all of the Souls games (yeah, I know, they aren't *that* hard).

Around the Network

Average, perhaps 10% above average.

Well I can't even beat Super Mario Bros. on the NES so I'm probably not very good.

What Ka-Pi said.

I consider myself average. I did beat Champion's Road in Super Mario 3D World after trying it for 3 hours though, I'm sure that counts for something lol.

Around the Network

I think I'm a good in fighting games, but I'm just a average player overall.

I've tried to play League of Legends, I think I played season 3 to 5, but I only managed to get to Gold 2.

Considering the average gamer nowadays can't complete most games, I'd say at least above average. As a general gamer I give myself a 7/10; my complete non-proficiency with competitive online, sports, sims, and unwillingness to spend time learning fighting games hurts the score.

I would say I am above average, and t does take me considerably longer to finish games than most too cause I take all of the game in. And usually start at the hardest difficulty setting available.

However I think its on a game by game basis.... Like I am not too good with FPS games, then again thats cauise I hardly play them, and thats because I feel the basis of their game play loop is too simple so I get bored of them quickly.

I have also completed all the souls games, and yes.... they aren't hard they just penalize you heavily if you dont conform to the system.

Not my hardest accomplishment, but my proudest was in wipeout HD, beat zico and zone Zeus trophies.

I think I'm decent overall. And in terms of competitive games, I'm not like tops or anything but decent enough to put up a challenge when I learn enough of how to play the game.

Swordmasterman said:
I think I'm a good in fighting games, but I'm just a average player overall.

I've tried to play League of Legends, I think I played season 3 to 5, but I only managed to get to Gold 2.

Managed Plat 5 playing with a decent duo player..... as a support/jungler.

But yeah... Im avg at best too. League is more about knowledge and makeing smart choices, than actual micro-management stuff (skills).

I suck at fighting games, and generally dont play them.

Jrpgs? non of them really take "skills" to play, again its just putting in the work, and embraceing the grind :)

Platformers? Im okay, but Id not willing do the cuphead level of insanity I see there (doesnt seem fun), neither do those insane Mario Makers levels where they replay the same level for a year trying to get through them.

I dont think you need to be "good" at gaming to enjoy it.